Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This one came with the 6.5 update to Cubase. Wasn't really expecting much. But I'm loving it! Such great pads in here..

And a side note about elicenser. It's the most convenient way of owning software EVER!(apart from the obvious: no protection at all) Just think of it for a second. You buy the software, activate the license, just once... and you never need to do that again! Now every time you install a product again the license is already on the elicenser stick. You can even rebuild your system with new everything, and it's still there. Take your stuff to another studio, it's there. If any software was going for the "convenience of a hardware"-approach, this is the way.

Just wish Korg hadn't dropped the elicenser. I've needed to re-license all their plugs more than half a dozen times.. Once during a hectic on the road gig..
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I installed NET framework version 4 with all the latest updates ...
forgot to say that i'm using WinXPproSP3 32-bit ....
Maybe this is the reason ... XP are not "officially" supported.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Greetings.

i got cubase running now and try out padshop, well i somehow cannot alter a preset so much that it sounds different, for example make a pad sound to another totally different sounding pad, how do you do that?
feels quite limited without importing samples.

the GUI is nicer than Alchemy though,

Caine123 wrote:i got cubase running now and try out padshop, well i somehow cannot alter a preset so much that it sounds different, for example make a pad sound to another totally different sounding pad, how do you do that?

just load a new waveform without changing the parameters and you have something totaly different. Or change the speed/number/duration/lengh parameters... Amazing what this kan do !

Caine123 wrote:i got cubase running now and try out padshop, well i somehow cannot alter a preset so much that it sounds different, for example make a pad sound to another totally different sounding pad, how do you do that?

just load a new waveform without changing the parameters and you have something totaly different. Or change the speed/number/duration/lengh parameters... Amazing what this kan do !

No import own Samples or Waves?

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I certainly won't buy it if I can't import my own samples. It would really be completely useless -> for me <- (Same thing with Omnisphere by the way).

Cheers
Dennis
I use Reaktor 5.6 or Alchemy. Since I have more than enough Granular Synthesis and my own samples I can use it.

mkdr wrote: Just wish Korg hadn't dropped the elicenser. I've needed to re-license all their plugs more than half a dozen times.. Once during a hectic on the road gig..
I never bothered to upgrade to the non elicence versions - they didn't offer any advantages and losing the elicence would have been too much of a pain

I asked this at the Steinberg Padshop forum, no replies.
So I am restating my inquiry here.

I have the Padshop Pro trial running. Then I bought the full license (Padshop Pro). Do I have to reinstall the full installer of Padshop Pro ?

Or will the trial version detect my full license and turn into a full version ?
As a matter of fact, on my USB eLicenser it says "Padshop" and "Padshop Pro Extension". On my SeL (Soft eLicenser) it says "Padshop Pro Demo, expiring 2012-09-21"

When I click on the version info on the Padshop Pro VSTi GUI, it doesn't mention at all whether I have the trial version or the full version.

What do I need to do ?
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

If Steinberg hasn't changed its way of doing things lately, you don't have to uninstall anything. Activate the full license and that's it.

Maybe there is more content in your account when you have the full license, I don't know. If so, just download and install it too.

Return to “Instruments”