Poly KB II?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote: We could not get from Elicencer the possibility to have the software only activation, it seems only few companies have that possibility, and only the ones who had it previously. If its possible in the future we'll add that possibility, bht unfortunately for now its impossible.
eLicencer software only activation is among the worst copy protection measures ever. Unfortunately some of my favorite synths use the stupid eLicencer. In this case my love towards the company (as it is the most awesome synth company of all time) overcame my hate towards the eLicencer. But as I have no *need* for anything currently, I could not be bothered to support companies who use such stuff. I will probably not even buy anything new from that company if they keep the eLicencer/dongle.
No signature here!

Totally agree, it's a complete drag :bang:

I only got the iLok, because I managed to get UVI Synth Anthology for $15 from a music store that was having a blow out sale :D

I had the same problem installing this on Win 7. I don't know what I did. Move libraries or something, but it finally righted itself. Win 7 wants to put everything in Documents...

Hi,

Not entering dongle/no dongle discussion, I just wanted let you now that we are providing both eLicenser and iLok version of our dongle protected synths : Some of you are preferring eLicenser, some others iLok, so we give the choice.

We are still bugging Steinberg to get the soft based solution, without success until now.

For those who don't want any dongles, we are providing the PolyKB II player. Regarding the sound (same than the full version), the factory presets (same than the full version) or the third party sound sets (same than the full version) it is a good compromise.
With its 8 user selectable slots, you can easily adapt any of the 1000 available presets (factory + various sound sets are offering more than 1000 patches) to your tracks.

Best regards
Xavier

robotmonkey wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: We could not get from Elicencer the possibility to have the software only activation, it seems only few companies have that possibility, and only the ones who had it previously. If its possible in the future we'll add that possibility, bht unfortunately for now its impossible.
eLicencer software only activation is among the worst copy protection measures ever. Unfortunately some of my favorite synths use the stupid eLicencer. In this case my love towards the company (as it is the most awesome synth company of all time) overcame my hate towards the eLicencer. But as I have no *need* for anything currently, I could not be bothered to support companies who use such stuff. I will probably not even buy anything new from that company if they keep the eLicencer/dongle.
Maybe you should try the latest Xils-Lab synth : Oxium

Its only serial protected. Its sonic character is different from the PolyKB II, but like it, it has a lot of unique things on board, like never seen before modulations, two filters flexible structure with formant filter, etc etc.

www.xils-lab.com
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:Maybe you should try the latest Xils-Lab synth : Oxium
Of course after all the Oxium post here I'm well aware of the Oxium. :roll:
Except it having a nice orange colour that reminds me a particular synth from a aforementioned favorite synth maker, Oxium seems to be not the synth I feel compelled to get at this point in time. Despite its interesting modulation options it still feels like just another VA sound-wise.
No signature here!

Numanoid wrote:Get the PolyKB II player for just $17,5 at AudioMidi now.
That's impossible for international customers without a credit card. :(
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Get the PolyKB II player for just $17,5 at AudioMidi now.
That's impossible for international customers without a credit card. :(
In a way lucky for you, AudioMidi takes orders, but have stopped delivering.

You can buy it from JRR shop instead, at just $10,40! I think they accept paypal.

It took some time, but I finally got hold of PolyKB II Player, and finally managed to install it too. No small feat :D

Unfortunately the glitch issues I had with PolyKB II Player CM version continue to plague PolyKB II Player in FL Studio.

However as I got Sonar X2 as backup, I tried loading it there as well. And almost as by magic in Sonar X2 the glitching is gone :)

So that appears more to be a problem with FL Studio than with PolyKB II Player.

Yes, they accept PayPal.

I just wanted to buy the Poly KB player at JRR to give it a try. I get an order confirmation but no download link. Instead they ask me to register on the XILS website. Now they ask me on the XILS website to enter a redeem code. Whatever that is, where can I find it?

So complicated... after reading my order details in the shop again, I cannot find any hint how to get to my software download...

If I cannot get the light version easily, how can I find out if I ever want to invest in a full version?

hm, so easy it is to lose money, and even worse: 15 minutes of my precious lifetime.

Did it ever work for other users in this forum?

magickz wrote:Yes, they accept PayPal.

I just wanted to buy the Poly KB player at JRR to give it a try. I get an order confirmation but no download link. Instead they ask me to register on the XILS website. Now they ask me on the XILS website to enter a redeem code. Whatever that is, where can I find it?

So complicated... after reading my order details in the shop again, I cannot find any hint how to get to my software download...

If I cannot get the light version easily, how can I find out if I ever want to invest in a full version?

hm, so easy it is to lose money, and even worse: 15 minutes of my precious lifetime.

Did it ever work for other users in this forum?
Just DL the installer at this page :
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/PKIIplaye ... aller.html

Install, put the serial and you're ready to go. Same for PolyKB II full version, every Xils instrument has its own DL page on Xils site, always public and available, where you can DL the last versions of the plugs.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Bonjour Lotuzia. Thank you for your reply.

I am aware that it is not a problem that is caused by Xils-Lab.

I downloaded it now from your link. And from JRR I only got an order number, but neither a serial nor a redeem code. So, I guess they have a problem with their ecommerce solution. :)

Unfortunately I have to go out soon. I think I will have to contact JRR tomorrow. Only disappointing is, that it needs so long before I can start experimenting with it. Maybe I am also too impatient. :)

From the public sound demos I know already that I will like it.

Best regards, Martin

MIERDA !! just jumped on that jrrshop deal, got the code, registered at xils, and then..........

NO OSX :cry: :cry: :bang: :idiot: :idiot: :dog: :idiot: :idiot: :bang: :cry: :cry:

At least you can register, that's already much more than I got from JRR.

Their website tells me : "License - Please register at http://tinyurl.com/jrrxils : This license needs to be manually generated. You will be contacted immediately when it becomes available." For me it is not clear at all, who will generate the licence? Xils? Or did you get it from JRR? Will I need to wait for the second step before I can make the first step in this instruction?

I just asked them to refund my purchase. Maybe that will help them to rethink the user experience in their shop :-| For now, it was my first and last buy in this particular shop.

that's really interesting, el-bo. According to Xils-Lab website the player must be also Mac OS compatible.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:MIERDA !! just jumped on that jrrshop deal, got the code, registered at xils, and then..........

NO OSX :cry: :cry: :bang: :idiot: :idiot: :dog: :idiot: :idiot: :bang: :cry: :cry:
magickz wrote:that's really interesting, el-bo. According to Xils-Lab website the player must be also Mac OS compatible.
Just had a look (i got the ful version of PolyKB II and love it...).
The OSX download for v2.1.2 is available at their website, just the new beta is not available for OSX yet:
http://www.xils-lab.com/pages/PKIIplaye ... aller.html

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”