Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

Glad your liking it.

Almost all the presets I create are from tracks that i like a sound from so they should be pretty "useable". If i find a sound i cant create for whatever reason ill try to add a feature that enables me to make it.

Im still missing a few things with some of the dubstep sounds created in massive but the addition of more mod targets (especially FX) in the next build should be another step closer.

Is 1.1 out?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Is 1.1 out?
No, not yet, still the 1.03 version.

I'm enjoying this synth too much.
It is easy to use, good gui, average CPU and it comes with a nice amount of presets prepared for typical Trance, Techno, House and modern electronic tracks quick to go. And also low priced.
The chord feature is nice too. Also the Attack oscillator for giving more slap to the sounds.

The structure of the gui makes me remember of Sylenth1, specially the effect section.

The bad point here is the CPU, there are some presets which eats 25% in my quad core, only a few, nothing important. But i hope you can improve this someday in any case.
And the Mod Wheel and Pitch Bend Wheel won't move in FL Studio 10.

Have a good day :)

Still Working on 1.1 its turned in to a bit bigger of an update than originally intended.

we will probably initially put out a beta to make sure we get any bugs completely squished. We just don't have the variety of hardware setups in house to test for every eventuality.

I have a very early version with new filters and waveforms and its extremely good fun.

heres a wee thing i did when messing with the new stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/philterino-1/ana- ... -using-new

philterino wrote:Still Working on 1.1 its turned in to a bit bigger of an update than originally intended.

we will probably initially put out a beta to make sure we get any bugs completely squished. We just don't have the variety of hardware setups in house to test for every eventuality.

I have a very early version with new filters and waveforms and its extremely good fun.

heres a wee thing i did when messing with the new stuff.

Hopefully you found a fix for this open/close lag in Cubase if the Ana editor is open.

Have you filled out our issues and bugs form? Real usefull for us to track stuff down.

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic89236-34-1.aspx

Thanks!

philterino wrote:Have you filled out our issues and bugs form? Real usefull for us to track stuff down.

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/Topic89236-34-1.aspx

Thanks!
Done, thanks to you.

Keep the good work and have a good day :)

Great! Thanks!

philterino wrote:
Cyforce wrote:Still no polyphonic glide?
We are working on 1.03 which will include optimized CPU performance of Filters.

This should be coming soon.

V1.1 (Still a few weeks away.)
Polyphonic Glide
Polyphony management & note stealing
System wide optimization.
Any news on the 1.1 update? This was posted in March. Or has this become another "Sylenth1" dead-end - ie. what you buy is what you get, with no further support?

Just tried the 1.03 demo and it works quite well, but better optimization would be welcome. The "CPU Test" preset is nearly as demanding as Diva...
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

Yeah its still very much alive... working on it every day.

we kind of just got carried away with the update.

its now going to be a 1.5 as we added and sorted out lot of stuff.

Just trying to get rid of all the last niggles and bugs before we go live.

Fixing Modwheel Modulation routing
Adding Modulation Routing to FX and other Sources
Extra VA & Noise Oscs
New Comb, All Pass & Distortion & BP Filters
Polyphony Restrict (makes such a difference to CPU)
Full Polyphonic Portamento with various modes
General Memory & CPU Optimizations
Adding Detune Shape Control (gives linear or exp Curves)
SuperSaw Volumes Balanced
Tons of new Waveforms and 100s of presets.
Added Eq section
New Cleaner GUI.

In general it feels like a much more grown up synth... way more stable mainly due to the memory stuff and the poly restrict. Great to play with big pads with long releases now.

FX modulation gives you ability to do more Bass wobble type stuff... created some great presets.

We will be resetting the Demo too so anyone who maybe didnt get it first time round can have another try see if the new stuff does it for them.

No upgrade fee to current users and price still £29(subscribers) £49 everyone else.

Will be out as soon as possible... weeks rather than months all going well.

Great news! :tu:

oh yeah and we added Create/Save Banks/Categories/Presets for making/sharing sound banks etc.

Any chance of adding MIDI learn?

andrew71 wrote:Any chance of adding MIDI learn?
Its a possibility but not in this update.

What is it you use it for.. I have a remote zero SL and it just kind of works for me so no real need for midi learn.

what hardware are you using it with? Just so i can get an idea of the type of functionality.

I use Cubase 6.5 mainly and have an Akai MPK49. It's nice to just be able to right-click a control, click MIDI learn and then move a knob and have it map.

I'm not aware of a built-in facility to do this in Cubase. I know that Live has something that will let you do it, but a lot of plugins have this learn functionality. It's useful for controlling filters/resonance and envelopes.

Return to “Instruments”