Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

scoobz wrote:
Teksonik wrote:No, this is beautiful......... :hihi:

Wait wasn't this thread about Tyrell...... :P
So something like this.....

...might work for you ;)

It's just something I knocked up and probably won't see through to completion as the alignment of all the controls, boxes etc is just too all over the place and I haven't got time to wade through that layout script.

Gives a bit of u-he family continuity though :)

Yes very much so.......Not terribly fond of the greenish panel on top or the mixer faders but overall this looks likes Tyrell sounds and is period correct in my opinion.....:)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Krakatau wrote:Just for correction, it looked indeed pretty nice there no point to quibble about it
What's wrong with you guys? He asked for critique and I said it looks Toyish...in my opinion. Am I supposed to lie? How will that help him develop? If he didn't want feedback....positive and negative he shouldn't have asked.

I've heaped praise on most of the skins in this thread. I just don't happen to like this one. Is that so upsetting to people? I have a feeling he'll take it better than the rest of you.......

:lol:
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the display colour either ;)

And I'd love to change the faders but no one will tell me how!!! So all I can do is darken the one that's already in the folder :(

Anyways, this is probably where I'm gonna leave this one....

Now that's very very nice. I still prefer sliders over mixer faders (see the 80's skin). But overall this look compliments Tyrell's quality quite well......

Teksonik wrote:
Krakatau wrote:Just for correction, it looked indeed pretty nice there no point to quibble about it
What's wrong with you guys? He asked for critique and I said it looks Toyish...in my opinion. Am I supposed to lie? How will that help him develop? If he didn't want feedback....positive and negative he shouldn't have asked.

I've heaped praise on most of the skins in this thread. I just don't happen to like this one. Is that so upsetting to people? I have a feeling he'll take it better than the rest of you.......

:lol:
FWIW when I read crackbaby's post I didn't for one second think it applied to your post. Looking 'toyish' isn't an insult, just a matter of opinion. I thought he was talking to other people.

Don't worry about it.

I have a feeling though just when all these great skins get perfected Urs will add a Delay and/or Reverb and we'll have to start all over again....(which is a good thing in a way)......... :hihi:

scoobz wrote:
FWIW when I read crackbaby's post I didn't for one second think it applied to your post. Looking 'toyish' isn't an insult, just a matter of opinion. I thought he was talking to other people.

Don't worry about it.
I hope you are right although I don't think anyone else was horribly harsh....I've seen it get much worse around here...(Just look at all the responses...mine included...to the original version 2 skin)....... :hihi:

No worries here at all.......

I'm all up for adding a distortion section, hint, hint ;)

And a delay........ but that's all. :)

I've been doing some sound design on it and those were the two things I missed, distortion and delay, otherwise it might be my new go to sound maker, taking the crown from a highly regarded Massive :)

scoobz wrote:Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the display colour either ;)

And I'd love to change the faders but no one will tell me how!!! So all I can do is darken the one that's already in the folder :(

Anyways, this is probably where I'm gonna leave this one....

You can just replace the Tyrellhandle.PNG in the Controls folder.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'd like to see a nice Arp added....then it would remind me a great deal of my old Juno 60....except it sounds much better than the Juno...... :D

braj wrote:
You can just replace the Tyrellhandle.PNG in the Controls folder.
This new v2 skin uses "TyrellN7Fader.png" If I replace that it kind of works but it scales it down to the width of the original fader, so it's tiny. :(

braj wrote:You can just replace the Tyrellhandle.PNG in the Controls folder.
Have done already.....I've replaced the sliders in the 80's skin with the ones from the 70's skin....Seems to fit better In my opinion....plus I can't resist hacking things.... :hihi:

scoobz wrote: This new v2 skin uses "TyrellN7Fader.png" If I replace that it kind of works but it scales it down to the width of the original fader, so it's tiny. :(
I had to bump the handle over a couple of pixels for the 70's slider to work in the 80's skin.....

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the skins, and help with this? Where are the directions? :D
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for the replies so far.

Point of posting this preview is to get opinions, so im OK with some criticism.

(Unless someone is downright rude. Thats obviously where i draw the line.)

As for the look in general: Of course i could have made something dark as well, but i thought we have plenty of those already. Hence the 'Seventies-Silver' approach.

Colors: Not a huge fan of those myself TBH, mainly wanted to hear what others think.

Big text at bottom: Put there only because its pretty empty there otherwise. Not a huge fan of that part myself either. May get rid of it by relocating the chorus pane to the side.

Never change the logo: Never heard of such a 'rule'. It says u-he and it fits the theme. Thats good enough for me.

How did i change the fadercap: EDIT: Removed - Misunderstood the question.

(Buttons, btw., are from the Diva demo. May not be final.)

Now that thats outta the way, maybe we can get to the suggestions part. If theres too much coloring going on, what would you rather see? Another shade of silver? One color for all? 2D? 3D? No tabs at all, just labels? If you have anything specific in mind, im listening.

BTW, this also goes for the layout. The script in its one-line format was quite difficult to read at first, but after breaking down all of the items into individual sections i literally can see clearly now, which means i can easily put anything anywhere. Again, if you have anything specific in mind, im listening.

Return to “Instruments”