iZotope Iris

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not a Virus...

Testing Iris with a tiny snippet from a Schostakowitsch Symphony No. 15 which I recorded for a film project last year:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... tral-scape

Sampleconstruct wrote:Testing Iris with a tiny snippet from a Schostakowitsch Symphony No. 15 which I recorded for a film project last year:
would be interest in a video how you do mangle the sample :)!

Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Testing Iris with a tiny snippet from a Schostakowitsch Symphony No. 15 which I recorded for a film project last year:
would be interest in a video how you do mangle the sample :)!
Here is a screenshot from that patch for a start:

+1

And a video on how you did the rhythm stuff ;)

A very interesting synth a bit different not just another VA.Playing with the editor with imported samples was enough to convince me I own and adore Alchemy but this seems easier for spectral.I bought it now time to explore the 4gb of samples.. :)

kontakt1968 wrote:A very interesting synth a bit different not just another VA.Playing with the editor with imported samples was enough to convince me I own and adore Alchemy but this seems easier for spectral.I bought it now time to explore the 4gb of samples.. :)
im still unsure to get alchemy or not, it also has spectral options and combinign it with granular? hmmmm :)

well i tried it a bit more, but really slower sampleplayback isnt possible is it? a downside i think.

lionscub68 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:One problem I'm having with the sound though is that there is a really bad noisy click at the attack of sounds when you change them to radius. It seems to almost always be there. As soon as I switch the soundsources to radius, the quality seems to go to hell with this weird attack noise. Quality is set to high.

Anyone else get this?
Yes, I can confirm this. Same Here.
Mac OSX 10.6.8, 2009 MacBook Pro 17", 8GB RAM, OS is running native 64-bit, Ableton Live 8.3... Tascam US-800 interface, if that matters.

Changing the attack away from instant does not remedy the problem.
You are probably getting an audio buffer under run. For me on a PC, switching the standalone version of iris to ASIO fixed the problem. Also playing with the radius settings or changing your audio interface buffer may help.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Testing Iris with one of my Tremor Grooves and a second instance with a pad made from a french horn snippet:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... t-5-groove
Bump for being awesome. That's so ridiculously good. :)

lightsfadelow wrote:
lionscub68 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:One problem I'm having with the sound though is that there is a really bad noisy click at the attack of sounds when you change them to radius. It seems to almost always be there. As soon as I switch the soundsources to radius, the quality seems to go to hell with this weird attack noise. Quality is set to high.

Anyone else get this?
Yes, I can confirm this. Same Here.
Mac OSX 10.6.8, 2009 MacBook Pro 17", 8GB RAM, OS is running native 64-bit, Ableton Live 8.3... Tascam US-800 interface, if that matters.

Changing the attack away from instant does not remedy the problem.
You are probably getting an audio buffer under run. For me on a PC, switching the standalone version of iris to ASIO fixed the problem. Also playing with the radius settings or changing your audio interface buffer may help.
I'm using it as a VST in Ableton Live 8.3. Mac OSX Lion i7 MBP. Buffer in Ableton is set to 256.

Tried playing with settings, can't get rid of it. I could definitely not use it like that. :(

Uncle E wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Testing Iris with one of my Tremor Grooves and a second instance with a pad made from a french horn snippet:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... t-5-groove
Bump for being awesome. That's so ridiculously good. :)
Cheers Eric!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
lightsfadelow wrote:
lionscub68 wrote:

Anyone else get this?
Same here, trying the demo as vst in reaper...

bmanic wrote:It depends. Try both demos.

Alchemy is very cumbersome to work with when it comes to the spectral part.. and it's mono, but basically you can do some of the same things plus a whole lot more.

It's also well known that Camel Audio are constantly updating their product and I'm sure Alchemy 2.0 can't be more than a year away so investing in alchemy now might be a good idea. I don't know what iZotope's upgrade policy has been or how frequently they update their more exotic plugins.

Bang for buck definitely goes to Alchemy whereas ease of use and immediate cool results definitely goes to iZotope Iris.

Then there's also Image-Line Harmor to consider. Personally I can't stand the GUI of that thing but the results you can get with it are nothing short of amazing!
This is a perfect review, may I post it on my site?

TabSel wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
lightsfadelow wrote:
lionscub68 wrote:

Anyone else get this?
Same here, trying the demo as vst in reaper...
Again check your ASIO meter. You may be getting overloads on the key down event. Did you change the radius RT settings to a different quality or octave range? Try increasing your ASIO buffer at you audio interface.

Also it would be good to report to iZotope your configuration. What sound card, buffer, OS, RAM, host, and CPU

Edit: if the first poster is running in standalone note that the default audio interface should be changed to ASIO (or whatever is native for your audio interface). The default isn't set that way and it should be.

izonin wrote:Not a Virus...
:clap:

Return to “Instruments”