Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cyforce wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Looks like a very nice tool for sound design :)
+1

Great idea, concept and features. :tu:
Glad it is of interest to you :) (love the Pro-Wave 2 demo BTW!)

Steven

It's definitively a very cool idea, exactly something like this isn't available so far, and with all this fuctions it looks atm like the perfect tool for designing wavetables.

So, can you change the file size or is it fixed?
If its fixed its of no use to me, which is a shame as it looks promising.

Kriminal wrote:So, can you change the file size or is it fixed?
Currently, custom sample size support is about the most requested feature so I would say that you will probably see it in the V1 release. The tool isn't complete yet, but I will add more information as I receive it.

Steven

I've received a new version of the interface, which just generally makes the UI more organized and a bit more clean as well:

The name has also been changed to WaveTools. Suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

Steven

A new 'large' format UI has now been added as well:

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:One vote for Wusikstation 7 and one for Vember Surge(?) via message. We'll have to do some research on those.
WusikstationV7 will automatically loop and auto-tune a single-cycle waveform if the maximum length of single-cycle waveform < 0.06116 of the waveform's sample rate.

When a single-cycle waveform is looped, WusikstationV7 will auto-tune if the maximum length of single-cycle waveform is < 0.12225 of the waveform's sample rate.

DNR Collaborative wrote:>snip< The name has also been changed to WaveTools. Suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

Steven
how about "wavedesigner"? would nail it perfectly, if you ask me...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Now that's a nice, clean UI. Looks good!

How about just "The Wave"?

Say it with a movie preview announcer's voice: "This summer.... you can try... but you won't outrun... The Wave"... cue Zimmeresque kettle drums and Giacchinoesque brass.

Sorry for getting carried away. :oops: I guess Wavedesigner will do the trick, as Brok said. WavetoolS... wouldn't that mean there's more than one?

DNR Collaborative wrote:
Kriminal wrote:So, can you change the file size or is it fixed?
Currently, custom sample size support is about the most requested feature so I would say that you will probably see it in the V1 release. The tool isn't complete yet, but I will add more information as I receive it.

Steven
good to know, thanks.

Is it possible to tell us what functions the function generators support? Will it include (weighted) random/noise functions? Or 'feedback' (ie use of the current contents of the wavetable buffer in the function for the next one?)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

asseca wrote:WusikstationV7 will automatically loop and auto-tune a single-cycle waveform if the maximum length of single-cycle waveform < 0.06116 of the waveform's sample rate.

When a single-cycle waveform is looped, WusikstationV7 will auto-tune if the maximum length of single-cycle waveform is < 0.12225 of the waveform's sample rate.
Ah, very good, thank you Asseca :)
brok landers wrote:how about "wavedesigner"? would nail it perfectly, if you ask me...
Definitely a good suggestion, I will pass this on and include it in the list of possible names :)
ariston wrote:Sorry for getting carried away. :oops: I guess Wavedesigner will do the trick, as Brok said. WavetoolS... wouldn't that mean there's more than one?
Well, I think his idea was that in the end, it will ultimately be a collection of various waveform designing tools (conversion, creation, etc).
Kriminal wrote:good to know, thanks.
Not a problem :)
whyterabbyt wrote:Is it possible to tell us what functions the function generators support? Will it include (weighted) random/noise functions? Or 'feedback' (ie use of the current contents of the wavetable buffer in the function for the next one?)
I'm not 100% sure but I will look into it and let you know. Reason had a list of supported functions he was supposed to send me, but I haven't gotten it yet. I will also ask about the random/noise/feedback functionality as well :)

Steven

How nice to see someone finally making something like this.

As to capabilities; if the final product could do everything that Oatmeals waveeditor can do (partial editing, spectral blur, FM, contract/expand, etc.) i would already be satisfied. 8)

brok landers wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:>snip< The name has also been changed to WaveTools. Suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

Steven
how about "wavedesigner"? would nail it perfectly, if you ask me...
Or "Waveformer" :D

How about 'McShape - Food for starving oscillators'. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”