Digits VST -- phase distortion freebie! (1.3 recently released)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for all the feedback!
miedex wrote:I have a feeling I would be reaching for this all the time but the circular knobs just throw me right off. Its difficult to work with them when every other plugin has vertical drag. Digits is going against the grain of a typical workflow.
Hmm this is interesting. It's vertical for some reason on mine (tried both OS X and Windows with Renoise 32 and 64-bit, and Ableton Live). It should also work horizontally (but not in a dial shape). What's your DAW/platform? This would be something inside of VSTGUI, the toolkit I'm using for the interface, though I am not sure what would make the behavior change like this. Maybe I should submit a bug report if I can get details. I do agree that dial-style mouse dragging is no good!

glokraw: Yeah, I know it's not very WINE-friendly. Sorry about that! For a while I was looking into what I could do to fix it, but I don't know that I'll have time soon. Someone I know did report that it'll work in WINE with certain native DLLs installed (not sure which ones), though that's essentially running on Windows at that point anyway! I'd recommend using the Linux-native edition. Although it doesn't have a GUI, I did initially envision this synth to be controllable with just sliders, and the parameters are arranged in an organized way in that mode. In fact, most of the presets it comes with were made with that old interface, before I put a GUI on it.
OPL2 is forever

LouisG wrote:Thanks for all the feedback!
miedex wrote:I have a feeling I would be reaching for this all the time but the circular knobs just throw me right off. Its difficult to work with them when every other plugin has vertical drag. Digits is going against the grain of a typical workflow.
Hmm this is interesting. It's vertical for some reason on mine (tried both OS X and Windows with Renoise 32 and 64-bit, and Ableton Live). It should also work horizontally (but not in a dial shape). What's your DAW/platform? This would be something inside of VSTGUI, the toolkit I'm using for the interface, though I am not sure what would make the behavior change like this. Maybe I should submit a bug report if I can get details. I do agree that dial-style mouse dragging is no good!
Reaper and AudioMulch on WinXP 32 bit and Win7 64bit (32 bit hosts though), looks like other people are having the same problem though. Are you sure your using the same version we are?
miedex

miedex wrote:[
Reaper and AudioMulch on WinXP 32 bit and Win7 64bit (32 bit hosts though), looks like other people are having the same problem though. Are you sure your using the same version we are?
OK, I found something interesting in the source code for VSTGUI. Try holding down 'alt'. That'll make it work that way here. Interestingly enough, in Renoise, holding down alt makes the knob change with circular mouse movements, and in Reaper it's the opposite-- going from the circular default to vertical.
OPL2 is forever

Confirmed, holding down ALT causes vertical mouse dragging. Can you reverse that so it's vertical by default in hosts other than Renoise?
miedex

The default on Windows XP is vertical mouse motion. I like it fine that way.

miedex wrote:Confirmed, holding down ALT causes vertical mouse dragging. Can you reverse that so it's vertical by default in hosts other than Renoise?
Yeah, I did some more digging and here's what it is: The host tells the plugin to set its knobs to either be vertical or circular. Renoise and Live set it, but Reaper does not. It's easy to fix, but it'll be maybe a few weeks since I'm knee deep in adding more features. The change will go out with version 1.4 I think.
OPL2 is forever

I just noticed that Reaper does let you choose the knob mode in the VST settings in preferences. So i'm a happy camper and looking forward to new features in the next update.
miedex

Hi ,any news about the 1.4 release?

in 1.4. id like to see less dynamics on some of the sliders and knobs..ie; as they are now, little movement causes too much modulation and the phat unison knob actually sounds louder and phatter all the way off! also, i'm waiting for a reply from Louis about a new GUI i created for Digits. :)
Last edited by layzer on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This vst is really nice! Love the sounds it can create and how easy it is to make those sounds! :)

Thanks for the delicious freebie :D

~Brendan

p.s. I really dig the built-in preset system! Ultra simple, but all you need is there to save gobs of presets that are easily accessible without having to hunt for them later. This feature is something that I believe should come standard with today's VSTs. Awesome!
Last edited by bailees7irish on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:Love the sounds it can create and how easy it is to make those sounds!
+1111

i like that it is super low on cpu and still sounds crisp and clear. the angry and angrier OSC's make for some nice leads. and the program manager is a joy to use. 8)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Many thanks! Glad I didn't miss this one. My first PD plugin. This one IS very easy to start getting great sounds out of. Please leave very simple like this. I like the ideas for a new GUI because this one isn't much to look at, but really nice sounds coming out of it. Agree - preset manager is great.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Just discovered this. Is it AU only for mac. Any VST planned?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just discovered this. Is it AU only for mac. Any VST planned?
The Mac installer includes AU and VST versions. You can select either one or both…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Ah, thanks. Actually when I installed it I checked but didn't see the vat because it shows up as a folder. But it works, thanks. What ever happened to 1.4 that was mentioned here a while back?

Return to “Instruments”