Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

memyselfandus wrote:other tunings recognized by midi guitar would be Amazing :)

"Just" tuning ect
+ 1,000,000 :D

I've tried this with Bouzouki in GDAE and Acoustic in DADEAE and it's working pretty well. I'll try it with Puerto Rican Cuatro and Charango too.
The only anomaly I've noticed is below the 6th string E (down to the D) it tracks an octave higher. And it's not even designed for this yet!

jas wrote:I've tried this with Bouzouki in GDAE and Acoustic in DADEAE and it's working pretty well. I'll try it with Puerto Rican Cuatro and Charango too.
The only anomaly I've noticed is below the 6th string E (down to the D) it tracks an octave higher. And it's not even designed for this yet!
i live in DADGAD, so if you get the chance ay some point to test i'd be really interested (save for the octave higher bit)...would do it myself but i have no audio interface at the moment

coincidental wrote:I haven't explored the MIDI routing options further, but hopefully this will get you started.
(RE Sonar X2 & MIDI Guitar)
It did, thanks a lot!

What I missed was the MIDI Guitar pop-up menu in the Synth rack. Clicking the keyboard icon with right mouse button gives a menu with no "Enable MIDI Output" option. You have to click grey area of the synth and you'll get a different menu with the MIDI output option.

So, to summarize the whole setup:

1. Copy VST pluging to your VST folder
2. Launch Sonar. It should automatically recognize the new plug-in and create needed registry entries (ie you should see the plug-in as an effect in Audio FX menu). If not, use Plug-in Manager to scan new plug-ins.
3. Use Cakewalk Plug-in Manager, find MIDI Guitar in Effects section and open "Plug-in Properties". Enable "Configure as synth" option.
4. Close Sonar and use Regedit to change generateEvents key from "0" to "1" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\ -> MIDI Guitar
5. Launch Sonar. Add new audio track. Insert MIDI Guitar (now found in Soft Synths menu) to FX bin.
6. Go to Synth rack view. Right click grey area of the MIDI Guitar synth block and click "Enable MIDI Output".

That's it. Add your favourite synth to a new track and route MIDI input from MIDI Guitar, which should be visible in MIDI input menu.

Thanks again, works like a charm now. This is a GREAT software, will purchage full version, definitely!

This is my first post. I have the Iphone app which is fantastic. I've got an Axon-ax50 , Roland Gr-55 and Sonuus I2M converter and I just went through this whole thread and downloaded the beta. Not had a full chance to play with it but the 30 mins I spent with it look amazingly promising so am dying to get a free evening to play with.

The IOS app has replaced my I2M completely (not only cause this is polyphonic but because even single note detection seems better).

I just wanted to ask about if the current state of the VST/Standalone provides better performance than the IOS app or if they are exact same algorithms. Might be a dumb question as this seems to have more frequent version releases etc and on a higher performance platform, I'm sure it's potential is to be way better but curious if that point has been reached already (if not already passed from day 1). The Main reason I ask is because the IOS app is in release version and this is beta.

It might be an apples to oranges comparison but appreciate anyone's experience.

I have observed the following when playing power chords. When they are strummed all notes can be heard, but when they are plucked simultaneously only one note plays. It seems that midiguitar needs to have a time delay, albeit a very small one, between notes to recognise them all properly.

I have noticed the same regarding 2 notes plucked at same time. Even when strumming an open chord , say a c chord, it will only pick up 3 notes, c e g, not a note for each string.

FrettedSynth wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:
FrettedSynth wrote: But all in all he kicked my ass (I am happy for that) I never thought what he has already done could be done.
Same here. This is a game changer!
More like a dream :-) and Ole says "but wait there's more" damn sharp knife already :-)
Guys, cant thank you two enough for your help and super nice attitude! :tu:
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
jas wrote:I've tried this with Bouzouki in GDAE and Acoustic in DADEAE and it's working pretty well. I'll try it with Puerto Rican Cuatro and Charango too.
i live in DADGAD, so if you get the chance ay some point to test i'd be really interested (save for the octave higher bit)...would do it myself but i have no audio interface at the moment
Yes, MIDI Guitar should already be quite roubust both for non-standard tunings and -intonations, as long as you play above the low E. For even more flexibility will come once we get to bass guitar support.
Last edited by JamOrigin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamOrigin.com

utensil wrote:This is my first post. I have the Iphone app which is fantastic. I've got an Axon-ax50 , Roland Gr-55 and Sonuus I2M converter and I just went through this whole thread and downloaded the beta. Not had a full chance to play with it but the 30 mins I spent with it look amazingly promising so am dying to get a free evening to play with.

The IOS app has replaced my I2M completely (not only cause this is polyphonic but because even single note detection seems better).

I just wanted to ask about if the current state of the VST/Standalone provides better performance than the IOS app or if they are exact same algorithms. Might be a dumb question as this seems to have more frequent version releases etc and on a higher performance platform, I'm sure it's potential is to be way better but curious if that point has been reached already (if not already passed from day 1). The Main reason I ask is because the IOS app is in release version and this is beta.

It might be an apples to oranges comparison but appreciate anyone's experience.
Good question - something we are also thinking about.

The iOS app is clearly inferiour to the VST/AU/Standalone at this point. We are working on a 1:1 port for the iOS app, so in the future they will be mostly identical, althought the VST/AU/Standalone version will likely have more features exposed. With much improved performance the iOS app may also get a price adjustment.
JamOrigin.com

Finally got a chance to spend some time with the vst on Mac with ableton and I'm really Impressed ! I didn't think it would be so usable. I did have an issue (a lot of untriggered notes suddenly for a few seconds) but couldn't reproduce it , I reloaded the plugin and it worked fine again.

I want to buy a license but had a couple of questions :

1) right now the trial mode vst doesn't seem to be popping up any interruptions and I used it for quite a while . What's the difference between the trial and license version.

2) is the license tied to my MacBook , I.e if I replace the Mac can I still use the license on my next laptop. ( will this require a reissue of the file)

3) is there a limit to the duration of updates I'd be entitled to or would I get new versions permanently

Sorry if this info is mentioned somewhere but I couldn't find it. I'm really excited about this software and will post any reproducible issues I find .

This may be of interest for you guys
http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/Velocity_Test.zip

for testing Velocity Response when using Midi Guitar and Kontakt

http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/scripts.html

others

http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/

double post

utensil wrote:Finally got a chance to spend some time with the vst on Mac with ableton and I'm really Impressed ! I didn't think it would be so usable. I did have an issue (a lot of untriggered notes suddenly for a few seconds) but couldn't reproduce it , I reloaded the plugin and it worked fine again.

I want to buy a license but had a couple of questions :

1) right now the trial mode vst doesn't seem to be popping up any interruptions and I used it for quite a while . What's the difference between the trial and license version.

2) is the license tied to my MacBook , I.e if I replace the Mac can I still use the license on my next laptop. ( will this require a reissue of the file)

3) is there a limit to the duration of updates I'd be entitled to or would I get new versions permanently

Sorry if this info is mentioned somewhere but I couldn't find it. I'm really excited about this software and will post any reproducible issues I find .
Thanks utensil!

If it was numb for a few seconds, and its not reproducable, im guessing that your machine has been too busy doing something else for a short while.

1. The trial will make a bugger dialogue once in a while unless you play the test piano.

2. Yes, its a personal license that you can use on any of your Windows or Mac machines. Not on iOS though - as the mobil version is a seperate product.

3. You will be notified and entitled to use all updates, of course.
JamOrigin.com

To further get more guitarists alerted to this, I have made a thread about this plugin on the Guitar Amp Modeling forum (GAM), and directed people to come to this thread. Don't be surprised if you get a couple hundred more people interested.

http://guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic. ... 739fef1eff

Return to “Instruments”