Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fischkopf wrote:Hi guys, i'd like to download the evaluation Version of MIDI Guitar, because i want to test it SO bad, but i unfortunately can't find it! Could someone maybe provide me a link? :help:
The link is on the first post in this thread.
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

dumant wrote:
JamOrigin wrote:
dumant wrote: I have tested your application on my Mac, and it really looks promising.

But I am unable to run it as a plugin (either VST or AU) in Reaper: The "I accept" button for the licence cannot be clicked. I also tried with Mu-Lab (crash), and Multitrack studio (same behaviour as Reaper).
This very odd issue happens under OSX 10.6.x and it has been fixed. MIDI Guitar 0.5 will be released later today.
Cool, thanks !

Bruno
It works perfectly now. Using Midiguitar as a plugin greatly improves performance (and also certainly the work you did between 0.4 and 0.5 !). This plugin is already very usable for a beta !

Thanks again.

JamOrigin wrote:
fischkopf wrote:Hi guys, i'd like to download the evaluation Version of MIDI Guitar, because i want to test it SO bad, but i unfortunately can't find it! Could someone maybe provide me a link? :help:
I did check your post, unfortunately i can't find the download link... Do i have to sign up somewhere to see it?

fischkopf wrote:
JamOrigin wrote:
I did check your post, unfortunately i can't find the download link... Do i have to sign up somewhere to see it?
You can find instructions to download MIDI Guitar here:
http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/vst.html

jas wrote:You posted it the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwf7Q11Ir8

It simply interfaces midi guitar hardware synths with NI Kontakt5.
Somewhat in a fashion like edit groups in that each of the six guitar outputs (per string with hex pickups) are assigned to individual midi inputs for Kontakt instruments.
Midi Guitar is evolving beyond hardware synths - with polyphony attainable through interpretive algorhythm. If this can then express it's output as 6 individual string voicings, it can emulate the output of hardware synths (ie: Axion, Roland) and offer a lot of flexibility in Kontakt.
cool. I thought Gtak was just a workaround software for the limitations in Kontakt when using hardware Midi guitar? with the JamOrigin software.. this problem does not exist.

memyselfandus wrote:

Somewhat in a fashion like edit groups in that each of the six guitar outputs (per string with hex pickups) are assigned to individual midi inputs for Kontakt instruments.
Midi Guitar is evolving beyond hardware synths - with polyphony attainable through interpretive algorhythm. If this can then express it's output as 6 individual string voicings, it can emulate the output of hardware synths (ie: Axion, Roland) and offer a lot of flexibility in Kontakt.
cool. I thought Gtak was just a workaround software for the limitations in Kontakt when using hardware Midi guitar? with the JamOrigin software.. this problem does not exist.
It will though, once multi-channel output (which will support per-string pitch bend) is added. Though presumably it will always have a mode to work like it is now, polyphonic all on one channel with no bends.

Is it possile to load 32 bit vsti's in the 64 bit vst version? or also in the standalone for that matter?

Version .5.0 is the best yet! I've tested it under Win8 32 the standalone is solid as is the plugin in Plogue Bidule, Presonus Studio 1 Producer, Cubase Ai6,
VSTHost and Chainer....I'm not quite ready to sell my Roland GI-20....but it's getting close!! :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

AdmiralQuality wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:

It will though, once multi-channel output (which will support per-string pitch bend) is added. Though presumably it will always have a mode to work like it is now, polyphonic all on one channel with no bends.
Excellent. JamOrigin. Please keep the "option" "polyphonic all on one channel with no bends."

CapnLockheed wrote:Version .5.0 is the best yet! I've tested it under Win8 32 the standalone is solid as is the plugin in Plogue Bidule, Presonus Studio 1 Producer, Cubase Ai6,
VSTHost and Chainer....I'm not quite ready to sell my Roland GI-20....but it's getting close!! :D
what would they need to add? to make you sell the Roland GI-20? :)

memyselfandus wrote:
CapnLockheed wrote:Version .5.0 is the best yet! I've tested it under Win8 32 the standalone is solid as is the plugin in Plogue Bidule, Presonus Studio 1 Producer, Cubase Ai6,
Pitch bend tracking/multichannel per-string output. I don't even really care if it gets the string number right, just as long as each note gets its own MIDI channel and pitch bend.

Again now with version 5.2, I am unable to change the individual Pitch Sensitivity faders, even when creating a new preset. The Master Sensitivity fader as well as, the E2 and D#6 are moveable and effect the rest of the levels,but all other buttons are grayed out, except one of my previously saved presets, which I can adjust all level seperately. Strange. :?

Everything else seems to work fine,but this is consistent in both standalone and VST instances.
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

coincidental wrote: The key is how Sonar recognises it on initial scan, so dig into
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\
and find the MIDI Guitar entry, then edit the generateEvents key to have the value 1 instead of 0. (Usual caveats apply re

Whether this is a Sonar shortcoming, or whether there's something in MIDI Guitar that isn't set up so that SONAR is getting this information, I don't know. The net result, though, is that Sonar now shows a track with MIDI guitar (even just playing an audio file, rather than dealing with live input) as a midi source in soft synth tracks and midi tracks.

Case solved! Hopefully.
Hi, can you help me to understand this setup a bit better. I have managed to do the registry hack and turn the VST plugin to "synth" type in Sonar X2. But what then, how do you get audio input to MIDI Guitar while send MIDI output to another synth track?

Thanks in advance.....

AdmiralQuality wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
Pitch bend tracking/multichannel per-string output. I don't even really care if it gets the string number right, just as long as each note gets its own MIDI channel and pitch bend.
Spot on!! :D
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

I've been trying this out for a few nights now and it loads of fun - much better than I dared to hope!

It works better for my guitar rather than the Stick - obviously.
Still, even now it's quite good to play with it on the Stick at higher notes.

I don't know what to add that has any benefit towards development of the plugin.

For my guitar (Ibanez prestige 7-string):
1) it seems that higher strings track a bit better
2) on higher strings there are some notes missed if played fast
3) Slow single note lines work very well
4) Pitch prediction 3 and sensitivity around 80 seem to work best
5) Recognition preset (guitar type) doesn't affect the result much.

On a side note - have you considered adding something that instead of MIDI recognition only, would transform the guitar sound to various synth sounds?
Was this the resynthesis thing you were talking about?

Is this what Roland VG-99 does to some extent or entirely different?

Anyway looking forward to further refinements.

Return to “Instruments”