BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hello,
I can not run the plugin in Cubase Artist 6 (64bit). Probably it is a problem with the UI - I can see only a small window and I can not change the size to see the interface: Image

Regards,
Przemek

unicorn74 wrote:Hello,
I can not run the plugin in Cubase Artist 6 (64bit). Probably it is a problem with the UI - I can see only a small window and I can not change the size to see the interface
Regards,
Przemek
Have only one idea yet - maybe some issues with x32 plugins compatibility. Did you try to run other win32 plugins?

Finished with expanding to 64 steps. Seems to work OK. Patch saving is still unclear to me (there's some *.fxp file format stated in VST SDK), but found some clues. Will make it next weekend I think.
Now I found some flaws in MIDI processing logic (which A.M.Gold mentioned before). Gonna fix them and upload new version tonight.

Hello
I have a graphic display issue in Reaper (Win Vista 32bi)

Bad graphic glitches here too.

Check this out: (Animated GIF, click to view)

Still i think you did some real nice work here. Combining the functions of a seq and an arp the way you did sure looks like a conceptual winner to me. Only thing i really miss is a RestartOnNote function, (preferably with ResetOnEveryNewNote and ResetOnlyAfterAllNotesReleased modes), since the sequencer is tied to the host transport and therefore always running in hosts like VSTHost.

+1 for a native x64 version please :)

graywolf2004 wrote:
unicorn74 wrote:Hello,
I can not run the plugin in Cubase Artist 6 (64bit). Probably it is a problem with the UI - I can see only a small window and I can not change the size to see the interface
Regards,
Przemek
Have only one idea yet - maybe some issues with x32 plugins compatibility. Did you try to run other win32 plugins?
Yes I'm running a lot of 32 bit plugins, including NovaControl_VST ;)

Just wanted to say this is great and I am now using it in conjuction with Melodo (which I leave empty of phrases) with FL9. I haven't had this much fun in ages. Thanks.

ENV1 wrote:Bad graphic glitches here too.
Check this out: (Animated GIF, click to view)
Thanks, this gave me the exact idea where to check. Hope to fix it soon. Looks like sinkmusic has the same issue.
pwal wrote:+1 for a native x64 version please
I use Delphi7, it doesn't support x64. Two choices - port it to newest Delphi or to Lazarus (partial compatibility with Delphi, free and open source). I'm thinking of Lazarus, but for sure it will requre more time to master a new tool. There are hundreds of tiny things to learn when you switch to a new dev tool, each of them doesn't make a problem, together they do. My intention is to start this after it gets some maturity.
Last edited by graywolf2004 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

unicorn74 wrote:Yes I'm running a lot of 32 bit plugins, including NovaControl_VST
Then I see the only one option - try it myself with Cubase 6 x64. Scheduling it for next weekend.

graywolf2004 wrote:
unicorn74 wrote:Yes I'm running a lot of 32 bit plugins, including NovaControl_VST
Then I see the only one option - try it myself with Cubase 6 x64. Scheduling it for next weekend.
I can confirm this behaviour. Only a small window is shown, with no resize capability.

BlueARP is excellent! It works well for me in Reaper 4. Please let us know when you have a Donate button.

On a side note, put tonespace in front of BlueARP for almost instant gratification!

graywolf2004 wrote:
pwal wrote:+1 for a native x64 version please
I use Delphi7, it doesn't support x64. Two choices - port it to newest Delphi or to Lazarus (partial compatibility with Delphi, free and open source). I'm thinking of Lazarus, but for sure it will requre more time to master a new tool. There are hundreds of tiny things to learn when you switch to a new dev tool, each of them doesn't make a problem, together they do. My intention is to start this after it gets some maturity.
hi, i appreciate there's extra effort, and i'd be really happy if you did do it :tu:

I think the problem is Cubase then.

Updated version 1.03 here:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/files/BlueARP_v1.03.zip

Changes:
- Extended to 64 steps! (it was sometimes tricky)
- Attempt to fix transparent GUI issue (can't check so it's just a guess)
- Fixed some MIDI logic flaws (stuck notes sometimes)

Patch save/load is a main thing for the next weekend.

Return to “Instruments”