BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:Is there a way to make BlueARP behave like a 'classic' arpeggiator? So the sequence length is determined by the number of notes held.
e.g.
2 notes
1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-etc
3 notes
1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-etc
4 notes
1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-etc
No and no plans for it, because BlueARP is a pattern arpeggiator. You can mimick classic arp behaviour with pattern chains, but why?
Any VST classic arp will do the job, like "SimpArp" by WOK

.jon wrote:I bought a super cheap Korg Nanocontrol second hand, and today I linked the 8 faders to Scale Step, knobs to Step Type and a row of buttons to toggle velocity between 0 and 127- instant, awesome hardware-style step sequencer!
Great, thanks for the idea :tu:

graywolf2004 wrote:
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:Is there a way to make BlueARP behave like a 'classic' arpeggiator? So the sequence length is determined by the number of notes held.
e.g.
2 notes
1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2-etc
3 notes
1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-etc
4 notes
1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-etc
No and no plans for it, because BlueARP is a pattern arpeggiator. You can mimick classic arp behaviour with pattern chains, but why?
Any VST classic arp will do the job, like "SimpArp" by WOK
Why? Because regular classic arps are missing plenty of useful functionality.

Tbh, i'm very happy that BlueARP isn't a classic arpeggiator, but rather a pattern arpeggiator/sequencer. That workflow is much more my thing than the one of a classic arpeggiator, which rather gets you random, experimental results, than planned ones.

chk071 wrote:Tbh, i'm very happy that BlueARP isn't a classic arpeggiator, but rather a pattern arpeggiator/sequencer. That workflow is much more my thing than the one of a classic arpeggiator, which rather gets you random, experimental results, than planned ones.
I also like the pattern arpeggiator functionality... but of course both options could happily exist side by side.

Maybe a classic arp gets you random experimental results, but that is not the result for everyone. Some people know how to play it :-)

Anyway, since the Dev says it will never be there, no point to talk about it further... so the hunt continues! :-)

pdxindy wrote:
chk071 wrote:Tbh, i'm very happy that BlueARP isn't a classic arpeggiator, but rather a pattern arpeggiator/sequencer. That workflow is much more my thing than the one of a classic arpeggiator, which rather gets you random, experimental results, than planned ones.
I also like the pattern arpeggiator functionality... but of course both options could happily exist side by side.

Maybe a classic arp gets you random experimental results, but that is not the result for everyone. Some people know how to play it :-)

Anyway, since the Dev says it will never be there, no point to talk about it further... so the hunt continues! :-)
As I said before, try SimpArp by WOK. It is a great classic arp and also free.
BlueARP was designed as a pattern arp and I dont see any reason to repeat the stuff other arps are doing better.

graywolf2004 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
As I said before, try SimpArp by WOK. It is a great classic arp and also free.
BlueARP was designed as a pattern arp and I dont see any reason to repeat the stuff other arps are doing better.
I'm not trying to convince you to change your fine plugin... but the usual simple arps are missing many useful features... I already have a number of those sorts of simple arps. There is a lot of interesting functionality that is not available. For example a flam control.

Again, I'm not trying to convince you of anything... however there is plenty that is not currently available and lots of room for creative tools that are not repetitions of standard stuff.

graywolf2004 wrote: As I said before, try SimpArp by WOK. It is a great classic arp and also free.
32bit only
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Hi I really want to use Blue Arp to the full. Can someone share a bunch of presets for this?

Arpegiators need presets?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:
graywolf2004 wrote: As I said before, try SimpArp by WOK. It is a great classic arp and also free.
32bit only
Every sequencer has a built-in arp these days, which should be capable of what a simple SE plugin does, and more. At least the ones i tried do.

melodyz wrote:Hi I really want to use Blue Arp to the full. Can someone share a bunch of presets for this?
Check out page 73 of this thread.

I hope to release more patches by the end of this week.
Opax

One thing I love about BlueARP (missing from SimpArp) is when gate is 100% and only one note is being played, the note is not re-triggered because no note on/off's are sent.

Anyone tried this in energyXT 3? Somehow the timing seems to be slightly off/wonky to me, compared to the other arp plugins I use :?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

The BlueARP forum thread is 76 pages; tl;dr - so apologies if this has been asked before..

BlueARP is an amazing arpeggiator, thanks graywolf for making this :D

Given that BlueARP is very step-sequencer based, have you ever considered giving it the ability to generate MIDI notes ? Most of the time I am only running one midi note into it to trigger sequences so having the ability to run as a step-sequencer makes sense to me :D

Cheers
N

Return to “Instruments”