BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hi all. Are there still any bugs with v2.15?
If there are any, please report them. For those who use older versions of bluearp - please try 2.15, cause I want to mark it as stable version if it goes OK.

Hello Oleg
Perfect version so far for me. I'm using it with both FL Studio and Albleton Live and it runs perfectly. Thank you

Until now, ba is stable. no trouble or bugs. I love it
The good old 80s never come back
a old FLStudio nerd

:love: thanks it works perfect :clap:

Do you think one day it could be possible to add midi import, like the Dune 2 arpeggiator? That would make this great plugin even better. Midi export for sequences created in BlueARP would be cool too. :D

fischkopf wrote:Do you think one day it could be possible to add midi import, like the Dune 2 arpeggiator? That would make this great plugin even better. Midi export for sequences created in BlueARP would be cool too. :D
+1, would be cool if that was possible. :) If possible with drag & drop from the sequencer.

Regarding v2.15, it works nicely here, both in Studio One 2 Producer, and Cubase 8 Elements. Didn't really come along any bugs, but so far, i haven't used the deeper features rather the standard arp features.

What a shame I didn't discover this little gem early ... It's totally awesome. Thanks for your work!

As you've asked for bugs: I'm using it with Bitwig (OS X). What I've found is that 'output range' is off by 2 octaves. This may be due to Bitwig defaulting at -2 for the lowest octave in piano roll? See screenshot below.

bluebitwig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

working fine here. would also like to see midi export from the plugin itself too.

great work!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

I just discovered this app, but it looks fantastic!! I haven't even installed it yet, but I'm really looking forward to doing so. Thanks!!!!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I found some issues when I try to use program chain... I think I didn't set it correctly, but it makes Ableton 9.2 crash (I didn't try much times, as I have midi program change on my keyboard).
And, is there a way to "unlink" the play button to the reproduction of the arpeggio? I'd like to sync my bpm with my drummer, but thus I have to perfectly count bars to get sure to start the arpeggio at the right point.

By the way, thank you for BlueARP, it's a very good vst!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using Ableton Live 9.2 64bit on Windows 8.1 and if you want I can send you a screenshot of when the whole thing crashes.

I just found out about this plugin and installed the newest version. It's running great in Ableton. This is really great - the most intuitive arpeggiator I've seen.

Edit: Sorry for double post. Couldn't find a delete option.
Last edited by darkwing on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you all for positive feedback! I think I can mark 2.15 as stable and move forward. Next thing I have in mind is polyphinic steps. Still tight with free time, but this weekend I can snatch several hours for bluearp.
svervs wrote:...As you've asked for bugs: I'm using it with Bitwig (OS X). What I've found is that 'output range' is off by 2 octaves. This may be due to Bitwig defaulting at -2 for the lowest octave in piano roll? See screenshot below.
Did you mean - if you play dummy initial patch in bluearp pressing C5 key, it gets C3 at the output (2 octaves lower)? Did you try to set master transpose (oct) to +2? If so, it should compensate this.

Oh! Check this (just found it),
http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topi ... ve-bitwig/

they say 'it's not a bug, it's a feature' ) But BlueARP is designed with assumtion that MIDI note 0 is C0, not C-2. I'll try to make a configurable setting in next release (MIDI note 0 - C0 or C-2) and let's see how it works. And pls let me know if master transpose (oct) helps with your issue.

audiojunkie wrote:I just discovered this app, but it looks fantastic!! I haven't even installed it yet, but I'm really looking forward to doing so. Thanks!!!!

--Sean
You won't be disapointed. :)

Please consider adding virtual midi port output from BlueArp, so that it can be used in Logic Pro inside a VST wrapper. Logic currently does not allow anyway to get the midi output from AU's and if you wrap a VST, it will work, but the midi out is still ignored by Logic. however, if blueArp, as a VST, could send the midi to an IAC port (optionally), then we can easily run this VST in logic and get the functionality, using one of many different wrappers.

Of course if you ever decide to make AU, make sure to also compile as AU-mfx then it can directly used in Logic and Mainstage midi fx slot, but that's dreaming.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Instruments”