TX16Wx Software Sampler 2.0 Beta Released - Announching TX16Wx Professional (Updated 2012-10-19)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elcallio wrote:Switch knob mode by pressing ALT key. There should perhaps be a switch to set which is default, linear or circular.
Actually, a properly implemented VST host informs the plugin via effSetEditKnobMode message of the prefered mode (as configured by the user globally within the host). Not all hosts may actually support this, so a plugin should maybe have three choices "circular", "linear", "host default" where the latter should be the plugin default setting.

karrikuh wrote:
elcallio wrote:Switch knob mode by pressing ALT key. There should perhaps be a switch to set which is default, linear or circular.
Actually, a properly implemented VST host informs the plugin via effSetEditKnobMode message of the prefered mode (as configured by the user globally within the host). Not all hosts may actually support this, so a plugin should maybe have three choices "circular", "linear", "host default" where the latter should be the plugin default setting.
Thanks, I totally forgot about that message. You are quite right, that would be the better option.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Psychiatric Nurse wrote: When dragging in samples from the REAPER file browser the plugin crashed REAPER.
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. I'm guessing you dragged some material that made TX16Wx choke, and this in turn signalled the D&D operation in a way that Reaper did not like. I'd need the samples in question to reproduce.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote:Just drag the new sample(s) into the key mapper to map it, similar to dragging pre-existing samples from file browser. (To switch view while dragging, just move the mouse over the "keyboard mapper" tab label)./C
I don't get it. Shall I drag the sample (waveform) from within the sample editor (left click and hold) then hover the mouse over the keyboard mapper tab??? -> did that nothing happened. I right clicked -> the same. Could you please again try to explain how I can get a fresh killed sample from the sample editor to the key mapper?
elcallio wrote:Samples are not mapped as they are recorded. I am aware that this is one thing you could do with many hardware units, and I want to add something similar, I have just not quite come up with a good UI to represent the "parameters" of map-while-sampling. /C
I am curiously looking forward to that. My old EPS16+ mapped a new sample to middle C and across the whole keyboard. Never had a problem with that.
So keep it simple. Maybe add a knob that does just that -> mapping to a new performance with one split. General preferences could tweak the way samples are handled (one shot, spread over the keyboard, ect.) As easier the sample comes up to play the better it would be.
elcallio wrote:Are you on XP? Can you provide details about OS, 64/32, etc? Redraw issues tend to be because of quirks in various versions of GDI+ or Direct2D. I had hoped to have covered all, but.../C
I am on Win7 64. It happens when I drag sample start/end & loop start/end while the play cursor is on its way through the editor.
elcallio wrote:Does the crash in Reaper reproduce all the time? All samples? If not, can you isolate the offending material and send me?
Cheers
/C
It happened one time. Could not reproduce. As soon as it happens I will send the files.

Greetz
PN

elcallio wrote:
Psychiatric Nurse wrote: When dragging in samples from the REAPER file browser the plugin crashed REAPER.
Sorry, I cannot reproduce this. I'm guessing you dragged some material that made TX16Wx choke, and this in turn signalled the D&D operation in a way that Reaper did not like. I'd need the samples in question to reproduce.
Cheers
Here you are, made a licecap of it. Redraw error when moving sample start while playing back.
OS is Win7 home premium 64.

Last edited by TheWhistler on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:
elcallio wrote:
Cheers
Here you are, made a licecap of it. Redraw error when moving sample start while playing back.
OS is Win7 home premium 64.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbqh2f1e93228 ... editor.gif
Ah, what a nice corner case. Repros well. Thanks.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Is there any "resample" feature planned ?
This could get very handy (with the Pro version)for making a new sample from the mangeld one ;)

elcallio wrote:Just drag the new sample(s) into the key mapper to map it, similar to dragging pre-existing samples from file browser. (To switch view while dragging, just move the mouse over the "keyboard mapper" tab label).
OK, got it now. One has to drag the file from within the sample editor then drag it to keyboard mapper tab, then wait until the display switches to mapping view (while still holding left click) then drag the file into the keyboard mapping view. It is ok to do it like this but it should be mentioned in the manual somewhere precisely.
elcallio wrote:Samples are not mapped as they are recorded. I am aware that this is one thing you could do with many hardware units, and I want to add something similar, I have just not quite come up with a good UI to represent the "parameters" of map-while-sampling.

I would still insist on immediately mapping a new sample to a split (with given parameters from some preferences).
Playing a new sample at once on the keyboard is the thing I would expect from a tool "that really samples"

But still great work....really like it.

Greetz
PN

elcallio wrote:Ah, what a nice corner case. Repros well. Thanks.
Cornercase? Just did what the knobs where intended to, not? :?:

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:Could you please again try to explain how I can get a fresh killed sample from the sample editor to the key mapper?
You need a Performance/Slot/Program /Group to select the sample.

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:
elcallio wrote:Just drag the new sample(s) into the key mapper to map it, similar to dragging pre-existing samples from file browser. (To switch view while dragging, just move the mouse over the "keyboard mapper" tab label)./C
I don't get it. Shall I drag the sample (waveform) from within the sample editor (left click and hold) then hover the mouse over the keyboard mapper tab??? -> did that nothing happened. I right clicked -> the same. Could you please again try to explain how I can get a fresh killed sample from the sample editor to the key mapper?
Sorry, I'm making it sound more complicated than it is. Here is a cap:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2xCup ... VUtdzRsZXM

On that note, I'm onboard with your suggestions on mapping new samples.
Cheers
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Psychiatric Nurse wrote:
elcallio wrote:Ah, what a nice corner case. Repros well. Thanks.
Cornercase? Just did what the knobs where intended to, not? :?:
Yeah, I meant cornercase in determining the update rectangle. :-) One that I didn't actually notice, because I never moved the loop markers while playing. And apparently, neither did anyone else on the beta program. Hah. 8)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Oh, I did not know about that drag ablility!

I always thought the Ensoniq method of mapping was the best - it would immediately ask for root key after hitting Sample Stop. From there it would map the sample up and down the keyboard accordingly. You could build a drum kit by hitting the next empty key or map to ranges by choosing all C keys for instance. It made it really simple. Obviously you could edit the actual key range specifically afterwards as well.

Hi

The resizable GUI is very nice !

I'd have a couple more questions, if you don't mind :

- Can you launch the manual from the GUI ?

- Is there any "auto-record" feature (you define a threshold where the recording will start. Veeerrry convenient to hit "record", then move slowly to a drum set, and hit a snare without worrying : the recording will start only when the snare is "heard" by the sampler's input) ?

- Do you have any hint for the forthcoming effects ? Will it feature "only" classic stuff (like an eq, compressor, chorus), or do you plan to add also some randomization/FSU/stuttery FX ? And amp simulation or no-latency IR fx (the one in Independance is great, and such an FXis perfect for both giving electric piano samples some vintage feel, and also to boost drum machine samples) ?

sinkmusic wrote: I'd have a couple more questions, if you don't mind :

- Can you launch the manual from the GUI ?
No. But you can from the windows start menu, which is pretty easy too. ;-)
sinkmusic wrote: - Is there any "auto-record" feature (you define a threshold where the recording will start. Veeerrry convenient to hit "record", then move slowly to a drum set, and hit a snare without worrying : the recording will start only when the snare is "heard" by the sampler's input) ?
No, there is only the "record on transport" feature yet. But threshold recording is a coming feature.
sinkmusic wrote: - Do you have any hint for the forthcoming effects ? Will it feature "only" classic stuff (like an eq, compressor, chorus), or do you plan to add also some randomization/FSU/stuttery FX ? And amp simulation or no-latency IR fx (the one in Independance is great, and such an FXis perfect for both giving electric piano samples some vintage feel, and also to boost drum machine samples) ?
Not completely decided, but you should probably expect the classic stock stuff primarily. Wild esoteric effects might be outside the scope a single dev (me) can provide for €20. ;-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Return to “Instruments”