Timewarp2600 updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

sbangs_air wrote:Air/Sonivox, now own WOW outright (we where just the distributor) and will be handling all support and updates.
Well .... I hope that changes everything. It's not every day that you hear news like that - in any industry.

This plugin never got a chance right from inception, it was always marred by something. Like a brilliant genius dying in a basement, never being heard or witnessed by the world for all the things he knew and had invented. Or something like that. :drunk:

Btw, do you guys have the expertise to continue development of a plugin of this kind, with its preeminent focus on analog emulation and that whole 70's vibe that it was going for originally, you know the subtler aspects of it, not so easily perceived.

And also, did you receive from Jim all the ideas I sent to him (and others sent to him) about version 2 that we were talking about around 2010?

A lot of great ideas came out of that. The plugin was not only going to be maintained alive, but developed and made a whole new gargantuan thing with sequencers, effects and connections being able to be patched everywhere, and a whole slew of new filters and ideas how to implement them - some really exciting ideas...
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Age old question:

If in hand Arturia ArpV, does a user need TW2600?

Numanoid wrote:Age old question:

If in hand Arturia ArpV, does a user need TW2600?
The problem with the Arturia is the GUI is microscopic. It's impossible to program. So if the TW2600 is bigger, the answer is yes.

Everyone playing the "too small gui" drinking game - Chug now :hihi:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

OutCider wrote:Everyone playing the "too small gui" drinking game - Chug now :hihi:
Well, you can make light of it and that's fine. But if you own it and you're running it in the same resolution I'm running it in, you can't program it. It's that simple.

So enjoy you're laugh. It doesn't change the reality of trying to work with that synth.

Resizable GUI should be on the way soon. They've already show a beta of MiniV with it. There was also talk of new filters, but whether that's going to be applied to all the synths wasn't clear.

sprnva wrote:Resizable GUI should be on the way soon. They've already show a beta of MiniV with it.
As this is a thread for TW2600, is that the GUI that will be updated?

Apart from GUI size does the Arturia ArpV and TW2600 complement each other, or make each other obsolete?

wagtunes wrote: Well, you can make light of it and that's fine. But if you own it and you're running it in the same resolution I'm running it in, you can't program it. It's that simple.

So enjoy you're laugh. It doesn't change the reality of trying to work with that synth.
I do make light of your frequent repetition, and yes, enjoy the laughs I will. :)

But really, you shouldn't have bought a synth you couldn't see.
That's almost worse than moaning about synths you didn't buy.
Last edited by OutCider on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was talking about the Arturia one, as that was why UI size was brought up.

I haven't looked at TW2600 all that much, but there was a thread on the 2600 recently and from what I took away from that, neither emulation is entirely accurate. However, Arturia's offering has the sequencer.
Last edited by sprnva on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:
sbangs_air wrote:We have now purchased the company outright and are working on our own free updates.
Sound wise this is fantastic and is the only plugin to get the endorsement of the original creators.
Okay, so what exactly does this mean? Because I've been wanting to get this for some time but all the horror stories of no updates and no support pretty much killed that for me.

So what's the deal?
The deal is... I waited like you did until the plugin went on sale this week on pluginboutique.com and I purchased the plugin on 4/20/16 and have tried every possible way to register the program but every time I put in the code it crashes my DAW(both Sonar and Live) or my entire computer. Simon sent me a brief email on Friday 4/22/16 to which I replied and haven't heard from them since. So I have had the plugin for going on 4 days and still can't use it. I have dealt with Sonivox customer service before and it wasn't pleasant then either.

*** Update 4/26/16
I decided to get a refund from pluginboutique.com as I have not heard back from Sonivox. I am very disappointed with the customer service from this company. They are right there when they want to sell you something but customer service is almost nonexistent when there is a problem!
Last edited by bobhva on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
sprnva wrote:Resizable GUI should be on the way soon. They've already show a beta of MiniV with it.
As this is a thread for TW2600, is that the GUI that will be updated?

Apart from GUI size does the Arturia ArpV and TW2600 complement each other, or make each other obsolete?
Sound wise neither is a 2600. As far as which one sounds closer, it's a matter of opinion. Nobody has nailed the 2600 and I doubt anybody ever will.

So the answer to your question is, GUI aside, if you have one, you don't need the other. Especially if you're looking for an "authentic" 2600.

OutCider wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Well, you can make light of it and that's fine. But if you own it and you're running it in the same resolution I'm running it in, you can't program it. It's that simple.

I do make light of your frequent repetition, and yes, enjoy the laughs I will. :)

But really, you shouldn't have bought a synth you couldn't see.
That's almost worse than moaning about synths you didn't buy.
The 2600 came with an entire collection and it was one of the first synths I ever bought. Back then, I didn't think of things like GUI size as I'd never had that problem with the synths I'd purchased prior to it like Synthmaster, ACE and all my EWQL stuff. Size never even entered my head. But after Arturia, damn straight I demo'd every synth I ever bought to make sure I could read them.

We're not all born with "know what to look for hindsight." Things we don't know, we have to learn. After we learn them, and in the case of mistakes, we learn from those mistakes.

But I guess you've never made any mistakes in your life.

Of course not. You're perfect.

How stupid of me to not realize that.

Well, your petty and banal quarrels bring some entertainment at least

You just can't beat due diligence before purchase, which is why I've never made a bad buy and why I don't constantly repeat myself and berate software, which I why you can't play word bingo (housy for the yanks) with my posts. :)

Talking of due diligence and history repeating, Dibble, I'm just saying 17 edits :lol:

beely wrote:
electro wrote:There is a rumored ARP2600 reissue from Korg in development.
But that's hardware, though...
and likely won't have much polyphony.....

Return to “Instruments”