Lounge Lizard 4!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AAS released it today. I got my free update about an hour and a half ago. This is fun. I am glad its not a paid update though because in some ways I prefer v3 in particular the GUI. I liked the bigger knobs to easier to read interface. This feels like they tried to stuff a lot more stuff in. Anyway just wanted to throw it out there I am going back to playing with it. This won't replace Addictive keys but this is a lot of fun.

Any improvements from V3 sound engine?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

KevWestBeats wrote:I am glad its not a paid update
Don't get peoples' hopes up now :uhuhuh: :hihi:

Upgrade for Lounge Lizard EP-1, EP-2 & EP-3 users is $39

Lounge Lizard Session users pay a $99 upgrade

if you acquired Lounge Lizard 3 recently, the upgrade is free.

audiosabre wrote:

My upgrade as an LL1, LL2 and (not recent) LL3 user was $29.

Extremely reasonable for an instrument with a $199 price tag, I think.

Just the new GUI and smooth patch browser make the upgrade a no-brainer. The new audio enhancements are very nice additions and playability (always one of Lizzie's best character traits) seems better than ever, after a quick play-through. :love:

But no MIDI learn, at least not yet… I keep nagging! :box:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

They seem to have dropped microtuning support, which makes me sad. (LL3 used .scl tuning files along with a reference note.)

I keep hoping they'd add this to later versions of Tassman & their other instruments, but that now seems completely unlikely.

electro wrote:Any improvements from V3 sound engine?
Not really. It still sounds like Lounge Lizard.

audiosabre wrote:

true I meant for the full version but to be honest I think Session is better than the full version in a lot of ways.

waltercruz wrote:if you acquired Lounge Lizard 3 recently, the upgrade is free.
How recently? I couldn't find anything about it on the AAS website. I picked up Lounge Lizard 3 this past March.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Yasha wrote:They seem to have dropped microtuning support, which makes me sad. (LL3 used .scl tuning files along with a reference note.)

I keep hoping they'd add this to later versions of Tassman & their other instruments, but that now seems completely unlikely.
not cool!! :cry:

DocAtlas wrote:
waltercruz wrote:if you acquired Lounge Lizard 3 recently, the upgrade is free.
How recently? I couldn't find anything about it on the AAS website. I picked up Lounge Lizard 3 this past March.
Recently is the last couple of months. I bought LL3 as a part of the Black Friday sale of the modeling bundle upgrade, and I received my upgrade link yesterday. I think they have been talking about the free upgrade since August or September. It is always worth contacting them to see if you can get a gratis upgrade.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

KevWestBeats wrote:
audiosabre wrote:

true I meant for the full version but to be honest I think Session is better than the full version in a lot of ways.
How is it better?

Woohoo! the full version is on sale for $29!

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizard/buy/

I'm stoked, I JUST sold the previous version, and was able to buy the new version again for super cheap! Wow! Thanks AAS!

This is totally one of my favorite plugins, i was feeling a little let down using Electric in Live as a replacement, this just is so outstanding. I like the interface changes, the thin keyboard is great, i wish more devs that wanted to include a keyboard would use something so unobtrusive. And I'm really happy with the preset system vs older AAS stuff.
Last edited by braj on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Torchlight wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:
audiosabre wrote:

How is it better?
mostly preference. the interface is a lot simpler just what you need without the extras. i mean the extras are great if it sounded like an authentic Electric piano but imo it never did and its a very interesting synth in that respect.

braj wrote:Woohoo! the full version is on sale for $29!
Not exactly... ;) The upgrade for owners of previous EP versions is $29 until jan. 15 ; after this date it will be $39 .

You mean, you had an EP license, sold it but still got an upgrade offer for $29 ? ;) You're lucky... ;)

Now just one question remains. Is this a free or paid upgrade for people with Modeling Collection license? I was able to download v5 of the collection but I still need a new serial for LL v4.

Return to “Instruments”