UVI Vintage Legends, demo version now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have written in the blog (my name is David)... http://blog.uvi.net/sounds-instruments/ ... /#comments

analoguesamples909 wrote:ok well hopefully that means Friday. Would have been nice to be kept in the loop. Ill be interested to see how good this is.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that this should be fixed shortly.

Since JRRShop is not our direct reseller, we cannot have control over their orders.

The product was available on UVI website the first day it was announced for what it worth.

Sorry about the inconvenience for people who bought it at JRR
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Since JRRShop is not our direct reseller, we cannot have control over their orders.
well...as far as I understand JRR shop have not been supplied with the assets - who has control over that if it is not you the developer?

analoguesamples909 wrote:
otristan wrote: Since JRRShop is not our direct reseller, we cannot have control over their orders.
well...as far as I understand JRR shop have not been supplied with the assets - who has control over that if it is not you the developer?
I'd be interested in that as well. This whole thing turns me off of UVI more than anyone.

otristan wrote:Since JRRShop is not our direct reseller, we cannot have control over their orders.
So this is the chain of command?

UVI -> Big Fish Audio [US distributor] -> JRR shop [US vendor]

JRRshop does not buy directly from us but from our US reseller.
Seems that JRR listed the product as shipping before it was actually shipping and before they could provide it through our reseller.

Hope this clarify things
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:JRRshop does not buy directly from us but from our US reseller.
Seems that JRR listed the product as shipping before it was actually shipping and before they could provide it through our reseller.
I understand your point, but I don't quite understand the logic of releasing a product during the holiday period, when many of the distributors had closed shop.

Wouldn't it be better to have waited until January to release it?

Hope this clarify things
ok I understand now. Big Fish didnt have it - but JRR sold it all the same...

Still - would have been good to have had clearer communication over this issue. I didnt get any reply from my UVI web for enquiry.

And I still havent received the product.

The issue here is a shop selling a product they can't deliver not the release date IMHO
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

analoguesamples909 wrote: ok I understand now. Big Fish didnt have it - but JRR sold it all the same...

Still - would have been good to have had clearer communication over this issue. I didnt get any reply from my UVI web for enquiry.

I understand your frustration. Our support and marketing departments are trying to fix this.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Yes, it's exactly that !

Still haven't receive license and i sent a mail to JRR... No reply for the moment... Disappointed... It's just for a code !!!

Hope this clarify things
ok I understand now. Big Fish didnt have it - but JRR sold it all the same...

otristan wrote:
analoguesamples909 wrote: ok I understand now. Big Fish didnt have it - but JRR sold it all the same...

I understand your frustration. Our support and marketing departments are trying to fix this.
thanks. it helps to at least understand roughly where the problem is. I assume Big Fish has been closed over the holidays, plus also its something to do with allocating ilok codes which I understand can take a bit of time?

Here's the reply from JRR (facebook) :

"Hi David, I just got some clarification about this. UVI Official released it for direct purchase, however it has not been released by the US distributor, so customers of US retailers are not getting their codes yet. I'm very sorry about this. We have been emailing and calling the distributor daily with virtually no return communication."

FUNNY !

otristan wrote:

thanks. it helps to at least understand roughly where the problem is. I assume Big Fish has been closed over the holidays, plus also its something to do with allocating ilok codes which I understand can take a bit of time?

It seems Big Fish Audio (US seller for UVI) just updated their website and still no Vintage Legends... UVI support send me mails then no reply...

I still blame UVI. If they send out press releases that the product is available, one can only expect (especially for an online download) that the product is available at time of purchase. If they can't sort that out and want to blame the distributor, then they should get someone else to distribute their products.

Return to “Instruments”