VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Sweet new features! :hyper:

Thank you, Reveal-Sound! :clap:

Christmas just got even better!

Zebra 2.8, Avenger FM update, FL Studio 12.9 beta2 and now this beauty! Awesome stuff!

*edit; DAMN..the vowel synth, shaper and new chorus are amazing! As well as the stability enhancements for FL Studio! Awesome stuff! :clap:

Only thing which is a bit unfortunate is the way the filter shaper/drive is implemented. You have to sacrifice a filter for it. I understand that the whole synth's architecture/GUI can't be changed now, and that backwards compatibility is always a thing, but...

The shaper sounds nice though, no doubt.

still some (?) bugs;

*Random isn't working like it should; the random value is generated at the midi input (voice on), but looses it's value and triggers another value when the voice gets released (voice off). In between voice on and voice off, there is no value. So the random generated value are just 2 pulses (at the start and end of the voice)

*The LFO's won't get retriggered, even when sync and mono are activated. Or is this the way it is intended? If so, then i would like to see a retrigger option.

I am new to Spire. Just got 1.1.13. Using on macOS 10.13. Is bank saving wacked in this build? Or is it supposed to work this way:

1) Go to Init bank. Create a few patches. Save to a new bank (we'll call it User1). User1 bank now appears in Spire.

2) Change some more presets in User1. Save the bank.

3) Switch to a different bank. Switch back to User1. All changes made to User1 bank in step 2 are gone. Spire is still showing the original User1 bank created in step 1.

The only way I have found to save a bank and have the changes persist is: Save it, switch to a different bank. Remove the bank you just saved. Re-import the bank you just removed. Anything else, and your saved changes don't show up.

I'm getting the same behavior in the VST and AU versions, regardless of host.

I was excited for OSC Mod cause it's been a while since i checked out Spire,but it seems to have been implemented pretty badly.it is pretty much unusable for most things other than FX that border on unpleasant noise hash i am guessing it is not internally oversampled or something?

What's the deal with there being phase as a modulation destination yet it doesn't seem to work with OSC Mod?.i was trying to get phase modulation considering that the Ctrl B modulation for wavetables and pitch modulation sounds pretty horrid (i'm assuming that the neither controls are integrated/interpolated which makes em sort of limited as OSC Mod destinations)but it doesn't seem to be responding to any modulation other than the envelope and LFO so far and it mostly just affects the start time of the oscillator
I

Thanks for the FL Studio fix!! - now I'd like to see the threading option in FL Studio fixed, so I could uncheck it

@ teilo

Yes saving is bad in Spire,
I created one folder for my presets and save every sound there.
Created one bank for my presets too.
1. I save the preset in "myfolder",
2. then select "mybank",
3. hit an empty preset and load the fresh preset there.
4. Overwrite the bank by just saving it

Perhaps someone got a better way... It works for me.
The average bored guy

thank you for the update!

- Spire still has to have an option "use fixed size buffers" set on in Fl Studio :)

Thanks for the update.

Still missing the ability to control pulldown lists via midi CCs. Particularly: OSC type, waveform, unison voices, FLT 1 type, FLT 1 slope, FLT 2 type, FLT 2 slope, and the mode pulldowns for each effect module.

It would be great if you'd make those midi cc controllable, for those of us who rely on their midi controllers.

I'm new to Spire and didn't follow the discussion so far, but did Reveal Sound ever offered an answer on why on Earth this synth doesn't have a decent preset browser?

I believe it's on their to-do list.

They made a video a couple of years ago with a new preset browser (with online presets etc. if I remember well). But it seems that the browser isn't quite in their priority list;

By the way: thanks Reveal Sound for the latest nice updates :tu:

The J8 chorus is fantastic sounding, the new filter modes however I am not entirely sure how to use them, I think subtlety is the key. I am not sure why the filter modes couldn't be just another effect? Is the filter routing needed for some reason?

Yeah, i think the implementation is a bit odd. Would have been nicer to have it available for both filters, instead of being in a filter slot. I don't see the difference to the Shaper fx too.

Return to “Instruments”