Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

v1o wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Do you get a reduced price for the Reason version if you own the plugin?
It works the other way round.
That's no good :(

v1o wrote:Is there a list of the new patches somewhere?
Spire 1.1.13 includes the update of factory banks #6 and #7.

Presets created by our team using new features were added to Factory soundbank #6:
008. SQ Acid Shaper
009. SQ Lights Out
010. SQ Psy Man
011. SQ JP Pulsating
049. BA Grizzly
050. BA Mayday
051. BA Sirroco
052. BA Vowel
063. LD Grizzly
064. LD Junatic
065. LD Neon
066. LD Variation
078. PL Chest Press
079. PL V-Mode
080. PL Nibius 6
091. PD Ah Yeah
092. PD Brass
093. PD Bright Retro
094. PD Synthetic
095. PD Warm 80's
096. PD Monotone
119. SY Jupiter Night
120. SY Jupiter Night
121. SY Reloading
122. SY Remember JX
123. SY ReVision
124. SY Scream
128. FX Robo Wow

Factory7 is a collection of presets by third-party authors.
In update 1.1.13, presets of the following authors were added: 096 to 114 presets by Driftmoon (DM) and 115 to 128 presets by Serhiy Klimenkov (SK).

Thanks
rsp
vega555 wrote:

Presets created by our team using new features were added to Factory soundbank #6:
008. SQ Acid Shaper
009. SQ Lights Out
010. SQ Psy Man
011. SQ JP Pulsating
049. BA Grizzly
050. BA Mayday
051. BA Sirroco
052. BA Vowel
063. LD Grizzly
064. LD Junatic
065. LD Neon
066. LD Variation
078. PL Chest Press
079. PL V-Mode
080. PL Nibius 6
091. PD Ah Yeah
092. PD Brass
093. PD Bright Retro
094. PD Synthetic
095. PD Warm 80's
096. PD Monotone
119. SY Jupiter Night
120. SY Jupiter Night
121. SY Reloading
122. SY Remember JX
123. SY ReVision
124. SY Scream
128. FX Robo Wow

In update 1.1.13, presets of the following authors were added: 096 to 114 presets by Driftmoon (DM) and 115 to 128 presets by Serhiy Klimenkov (SK).
sound sculptist

Will Spire get an update with option "Punch" like Avenger?

vega555 wrote:

008. SQ Acid Shaper
009. SQ Lights Out
010. SQ Psy Man
011. SQ JP Pulsating
049. BA Grizzly
050. BA Mayday
051. BA Sirroco
052. BA Vowel
063. LD Grizzly
064. LD Junatic
065. LD Neon
066. LD Variation
078. PL Chest Press
079. PL V-Mode
080. PL Nibius 6
091. PD Ah Yeah
092. PD Brass
093. PD Bright Retro
094. PD Synthetic
095. PD Warm 80's
096. PD Monotone
119. SY Jupiter Night
120. SY Jupiter Night
121. SY Reloading
122. SY Remember JX
123. SY ReVision
124. SY Scream
128. FX Robo Wow

Thanks.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

HcDoom wrote:Will Spire get an update with option "Punch" like Avenger?
Spire not punchy enough already? :P

But, seriously, what does "punch" do in Avenger? The punch in Viper IMO can be easily mimiced by adding a mod envelope modulating the oscillator's pitch. And, Spire also doesn't have that totally lame attack phase of many soft synths, which prevents the synth from being clicky, and punchy on the attack.

chk071 wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Will Spire get an update with option "Punch" like Avenger?
Spire not punchy enough already? :P

But, seriously, what does "punch" do in Avenger? The punch in Viper IMO can be easily mimiced by adding a mod envelope modulating the oscillator's pitch. And, Spire also doesn't have that totally lame attack phase of many soft synths, which prevents the synth from being clicky, and punchy on the attack.
I had the demo still installed so i just checked this..seems pretty lame to me.it's ramped on the onset of the cycle regardless of where you set the phase position to be.there's a slight work around though to get it to start abruptly on the first cycle (to make it start either fully positive or negative at the onset of the waveform)you set the attack curve to be exponential and set the attack itself a tiny amount,like 2-3 and that fixes the quite clearly "lame"attack.for examples of VSTI's that have decent attack stages without tricking them into doing so checkout Dune2,Fathom or ArcSyn.that's what i would consider to be a not lame attack :hihi:

I thought it may have just been Spire's saw wave but after cycling through all the oscillators it seems all of them are somewhat ramped on the very first cycle.it's barely even 2ms but it's quite clearly audible in the lack of instantaneous attack it provides at the beginning of the waveform
I

I don't quite get that, but, OK. Maybe your "punchy" differs from my "punchy". If you want, you can do a little experiment though: Set an oscillator to sine wave, set the phase position to 90°, and retrigger, and then tell me which other soft synths have such a clicky attack. From the ones you mentioned, i only demo'd Dune 2, and, Dune 2 definitely doesn't have that clicky attack Spire has. So, i really don't know what you mean with "decent attack stage".

Clicky and punchy are not the same thing in my view. One doesn't need very fast envelopes to achieve punch, it is more about the decay and maybe the type of curve being used.
Clicky is tricky ( :hihi: ) because it also depends on the pitch. On Sylenth1 for instance what sounds clicky on the third octave sounds lame on the sixth and vice versa. I suppose one would need key tracking for the phase to achieve consistent clickiness across the keyboard.

Anyone tried Viper VST yet. It’s amazing.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Anyone tried Viper VST yet. It’s amazing.
Why would you mention another synth, competition at that, in Spires own thread?

This 32Bit Flowstone synth "inspired by the Virus"... hmm... it doesn't play in the same ballpark as Spire.

Spire - crossplatform, lots of commercial and free soundsets, great synth in its own right capable of making some of the sounds typically associated with Virus and some sounds Virus could never make.

Viper - the only dedicated Virus emulation exsisting at the moment. Unfortunately Windows only. Fairly new so there are currently no third party presets.

I have both of them and use them equally often, they overlap in some features but the sonic character and the range of possible sounds are different enough to justify having and using both.

Re: new Spire update. The shaper is seriously awesome. If inserted before a normal envelope-controlled filter it can make Spire sound really fat and creamy in a Virus-like manner. The only thing I don't quite understand is why one has to waste one of the filters for this, wouldn't it be better to make it a separate module inserted pre/post filter?

Vowel oscillator sounds really nice, great for psy sounds. :tu:

The declicker doesn't always work. Spire always had the tendency to produce ugly clicks when stepper or arp as a mod source are used to control global volume and other things, unfortunately nothing changed here :(
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

TBH, after having demo'd it a while, i find Viper to be a bit cold and sterile, compared to Spire. I can't judge how close it is to a Virus, which obviously has been the main point about it, but, sound wise, i definitely prefer Spire. Matter of taste, for sure.

chk071 wrote:TBH, after having demo'd it a while, i find Viper to be a bit cold and sterile, compared to Spire. I can't judge how close it is to a Virus, which obviously has been the main point about it, but, sound wise, i definitely prefer Spire. Matter of taste, for sure.
"Closer to Virus" =/= "sounds better".

Actually I do prefer Spire over Virus for certain sounds they both can make.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”