One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voyager

V'ger wrote:
@ClaRago: Reaper has a fully working 60 day demo, and the cheapest of all the major DAWs at $60 for a personal license. In my opinion it's also the best DAW, having migrated from Cubase, owning FL Studio and done extensive demoing of Ableton, but Studio One is becoming increasingly popular although I found it lacking configurability when I demoed it. Sonar I don't really know except it uses a lot of tools which can be tiring, and I also hear it uses a bit too much resources just to run.

Having run this competition for a while now, it's obvious to see FL Studio gives most issues with synths, Ableton second. Reaper seems to cope the best with most synths and plugins.
Thanks for the advice ( thank you Robert West too for your comments ). I will give a try to Reaper this week end. Do I need to move my Voyager folders around ( I guess so since they are currently in the FLStudio/VST library ) or is there a way to have different DAWs using the same plugin libraries?
I picked up FL Studio because it looks so different from Logic which I have been using for a year now and also some people on this challenge make really great tracks with FL. I also find using different tools challenging and it helps me making some progress.It might be difficult to make it for this month's deadline but hopefully I will be ready for the next Windows only OSC. Thanks anyway V'ger for running this competition.

Cheers. No problem using the same folder for plugins as you set the path to your plugins manually. (can be several paths) The Voyager Limeflavour skin should still work.

One advantage with Reaper and plugin paths is that it can show the folders and subfolders of the hard disk which makes it easy to pick, organize and keep track of everything:

I'm Baaaack! Here's mine (I may update in the future if I have time and feel so inspired...)

The Voyager

6 instances of Voyager in Reaper

Baxter EQ,
Ferric TDS,
Thrillseeker L.A.,
Loudmax,
Epic Verb,
PanCake.

https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... the-voyage

V'ger wrote:Cheers. No problem using the same folder for plugins as you set the path to your plugins manually. (can be several paths) The Voyager Limeflavour skin should still work.
Thanks again ,V'ger ,very useful info.I guess I can find some good tutorials on Reaper on YouTube.I have not had time to check that yet.

V'ger wrote:Sonar I don't really know except it uses a lot of tools which can be tiring, and I also hear it uses a bit too much resources just to run.
Sonar is my main DAW, although I also use Reaper from time to time. Not sure I understand what you mean by "it uses a lot of tools". I didn't find it different in that regard than Reaper. It does give you a lot of plugins etc you can use, but you are not required to use them.

I quite like the workflow in Sonar, and the MIDI editing capabilities are great. I also don't think it uses a lot of resources. At least in my use cases I didn't really see much of a difference between Sonar and Reaper. Also Sonar's multicore scheduling seems to work quite well.

My main gripe with Sonar is that it doesn't give you layering capabilities as naturally as other DAWs. V'ger earlier pointed out a solution for that though, which is Phrazor. It's a VST plugin that can host other VST plugins, really great for layering.

All in all I'm quite happy with Sonar.

Hey Photonic, is that snare a preset?

Hey Gorgorgathgorgorgor, long time no see, all well? :)

@Adagiocm: With tools I mean you have to use a pencil tool for this, edit tool to that, delete tool for the other etc. It was a bit the same in Cubase, but I believe more so in Sonar. About resources usage, this is just what I've heard people say in other threads. I do know that Reaper uses less than Cubase for example and is generally known to run light.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean now. As of Sonar X1 that workflow is much better, since it has a smart tool that understands the context and serves as multiple tools at the same time.

Ello.

Firstly - I want to thank those that post comments on my entries (both in advance for this time and for last time). I'd respond on the comments and I'd comment on other songs but for whatever reason every time I try and post comments in soundcloud it ends with soundcloud ignoring me and eventually me sobbing in the corner. so I don't even bother anymore. but THANKS! to those that comment. It's definitely appreciated.

And secondly - my voyager submission:

https://soundcloud.com/shadowsofbirds/s ... ur-penguin

12 instances. no effects. done in Nuendo. 13 loudness measurement thingie.

I've been listening to a lot of Chemical Brothers lately. (just discovered them for the first time) That may show in this months entry. Less experimental than my usual fair.

and erm.. rally-ho!

ShadowsofBirds wrote:Ello.

Firstly - I want to thank those that post comments on my entries (both in advance for this time and for last time). I'd respond on the comments and I'd comment on other songs but for whatever reason every time I try and post comments in soundcloud it ends with soundcloud ignoring me and eventually me sobbing in the corner. so I don't even bother anymore. but THANKS! to those that comment. It's definitely appreciated.

And secondly - my voyager submission:

https://soundcloud.com/shadowsofbirds/s ... ur-penguin

12 instances. no effects. done in Nuendo. 13 loudness measurement thingie.

I've been listening to a lot of Chemical Brothers lately. (just discovered them for the first time) That may show in this months entry. Less experimental than my usual fair.

and erm.. rally-ho!
I love CB's Loops Of Fury, terrific workout for the ole sub woofer. If you like that, you might like some Infected Mushroom.

Robert West wrote:I love CB's Loops Of Fury, terrific workout for the ole sub woofer. If you like that, you might like some Infected Mushroom.
That wasn't that amazing track which was in a WipeOut videogame?
I grew up listening all the tracks from them in Wipeout saga and other futuristic racing videogames.
From these videogame i extracted some ideas since i was a teenager for my music.

Junkie XL
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers
Fat Boy Slim
BT

And many others.

Have a nice day :)

revorg1 wrote:Hey Photonic, is that snare a preset?
No, it is made from scratch. I made some body like the toms with the FM in the oscillators. And then I added some noise in the Filter. Very short decay. The length of the sounds is more made with a very short and bright reverb from FreeverbToo. The attack is improved with the Flux BitterSweep.

Good luck for your try,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Here's my entry for this month.

Binary Dreams

http://soundcloud.com/pedalsteeldrummer/binary-dreams

Enjoy!

pedalsteeldrummer

TRACK NOTES:

Created for the KVR One-Synth-Challenge 48: Voyager.

This was partly inspired by a fantastic album of 8-bit video game tunes I discovered called "SID Chip Sounds: The Music of the Commodore 64" (you can find it on SoundCloud). Brought back some fun childhood memories for me :-).

All sounds from Arguru Audio Software's "Voyager" synth. I adapted some presets from the included "MrToast" patch library: "Heart of Brass", "Willy Wocka" and "Enthuse"; all the other sounds I programmed myself (including the vinyl crackle!).

Produced in Cockos' Reaper v4.31 using native fx (ReaComp, ReaDelay, ReaEQ, ReaVerbate, ReaXComp, LOSER/MGS_JSLimiterST) only.

DR12
http://www.pleasurizemusic.com/en/our-aim
better and more dynamic sound

Hello to all,
after a short time offline i make a new track for the Voyager. Haven't no problems like all other, the only one is that FL-Studio will take a long time to process the saved Projects ...

So here are my entry for this month:

Songname: Rotation 11
Host: FL Studio 10.0.9
Voyager: 13 Instances

Insert FX:
IxoxDelay x 9, Lightweight Compressor x 3, Loudmax x 12, TALReverb II x 2,
Fruity Parametrics Eq2 x 13, Fruity Compressor x 3, Stardust x 1

Master FX:
Loudmax x 1

DR: 9

All used patches are done from scratch.

Have a great month and enjoy all musics:)

http://soundcloud.com/kraftraum/rotation-11
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

New prize added, thanks Ghostwave Audio!

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choiceImage

Return to “Instruments”