Oh boy, another VA synth. This time from Waves!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read the CM review at a news stand yesterday, and I have to say I'm pretty baffled by the praise for the presets. I don't use them normally, but I do like to audition them, just to see what they've got going. I found most of the presets a little on the boring and duff side. And, like fisherking noted, the tendency to drench them in reverb doesn't help. Reverb is to presets what auto-tune is to vocals.

PlasticSoul wrote:can somebody help me, please? element demo expired but I dont know how I can uninstall it...
its not showing under the wave shell in ableton neither in waves license center...
You are not supposed to uninstall anything from Waves :wink: After all, it is an Israeli company, so Waves stuff is probably just Mossad spyware inside, anyway :P I won't buy anything from Waves before the Palestinians have their own state...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
PlasticSoul wrote:can somebody help me, please? element demo expired but I dont know how I can uninstall it...
its not showing under the wave shell in ableton neither in waves license center...
You are not supposed to uninstall anything from Waves :wink: After all, it is an Israeli company, so Waves stuff is probably just Mossad spyware inside, anyway :P I won't buy anything from Waves before the Palestinians have their own state...
I don't think that the guys at waves can be blamed for politics of their government and I don't think this is the right place to discuss such stuff unlike you want the thread to be closed sooner or later. There's music, and there's politics, two completely different things. Musicians do not have this limited thinking. I've heard from israeli and palestinian musicians who play together. In fact I think these are actually the guys who could save the peace.

Well, the US has a pretty complete embargo on any economic ties with Iran and some other countries deemed rogue, no matter what civilian companies from there sell. So I think my attitude is only fair...

But what has Waves to do with it?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, the US has a pretty complete embargo on any economic ties with Iran and some other countries deemed rogue, no matter what civilian companies from there sell. So I think my attitude is only fair...
:tu: Exactly. End to hypocrisy.

I'm surviving pretty well without any Waves plugs... actually it feels more free for some reason... :hihi: The less plugins, the less choice, the better [and faster]. :P
Last edited by DuX on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

It is a civilian Israeli company. To me Israel is a rogue state as well, thus I am boycotting any products from there to bring about at least a little bit of justice...

If Waves were a German or Japanese company I would have tried the plugin as it looks appealing to me.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isn't it possible to separate politic and music? I always see myself as a global musician, I listen to music from all countries of the world, even from Iran, China, Mali etc.

I wouldn't blame Wave for politics, and if there was a good plugin from Palestine or Iran, I would buy it, too.
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:It is a civilian Israeli company. To me Israel is a rogue state as well, thus I am boycotting any products from there to bring about at least a little bit of justice...
And how does a boycott create justice? How long are the US boycotting Cuba, and what justice have they brought to them? :?

ariston wrote:I read the CM review at a news stand yesterday, and I have to say I'm pretty baffled by the praise for the presets. I don't use them normally, but I do like to audition them, just to see what they've got going. I found most of the presets a little on the boring and duff side. And, like fisherking noted, the tendency to drench them in reverb doesn't help. Reverb is to presets what auto-tune is to vocals.
Well, the target audience for Element is dance music. People that produce dance music don't want very detailed and intricate presets because they don't work for that type of music. It sounds to me like the presets in Element are along the same lines as the ones in Sylenth or z3ta. Basic, simple, but with character.
You are currently reading my signature.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Isn't it possible to separate politic and music? I always see myself as an global musician, I listen to music from all countries of the world, even from Iran, China, Mali etc.

I wouldn't blame Wave for politics, and if there was a good plugin from Palestine or Iran, I would buy it, too.
I don't blame Waves at all for politics. That is simply not the point. Purely civilian companies in Iran are being boycotted without being guilty of anything. I am just trying to be fair regarding that absurd unfairness :D

Shouldn't this be in Hyde Park Corner :shrug:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Purely civilian companies in Iran are being boycotted without being guilty of anything.
We're only boycotting plug-ins made by Iranian leaders. ;)

It's really too bad, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's EQ sucks but his native port of the Virus TI kicks ass! ;)

ariston wrote:Reverb is to presets what auto-tune is to vocals.
That's not always true, sometimes big pad sounds are great with some large reverb (and delay) added

Uncle E wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Purely civilian companies in Iran are being boycotted without being guilty of anything.
We're only boycotting plug-ins made by Iranian leaders. ;)

It's really too bad, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's EQ sucks but his native port of the Virus TI kicks ass! ;)
VA (Virtual Allah) synths from DJ Mullah, with special muezzin waveform samples, burqa envelopes and prayer modulation :roll:

Return to “Instruments”