Oh boy, another VA synth. This time from Waves!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:with special muezzin waveform samples and prayer modulation :roll:
You joke but this would sell.

I wonder what a big gathering of KVRers would feel like. :lol:

I would really like to participate, though. I would probably get "stuffed" and have a good time whatever happens. :lol:

However, it would probably be in America... why not London or somewhere in Europe? :( Has anybody done that before?

I'm aware it's lightyears from the topic, but the topic has been discussed extensively in the first 50 pages. :lol: Now let us wrap it up with something more casual. ;) :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

For me, the filter is the only really interesting thing about this synth. Sure, it's just a lowpass, but it has character.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Judging from the photo it has more than just an LP filter. There is a type selector (LP, HP, BP, and BR) and a slope selector.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Judging from the photo it has more than just an LP filter. There is a type selector (LP, HP, BP, and BR) and a slope selector.
Be careful because BR means "Boycott Reject"... :hihi:

sounds great, but theres not much that i can't achieve with just about any other synth i've owned

I would just like to throw in my 2 cents

This is synth is horrid. The sound is absolutely nothing special and in many respects below even what free synths offer.

The preset system is basic to say the least. The GUI is terrible.

I would write a review but I'd need to spend more time with it. So far I've been put off by the GUI and the sound quality leaves me no desire to push through!

Well done waves :wink: This synth would have been interesting 10 years ago.

They should at least update the GUI so it's on the level of free synths for usability.

Edit, okay thats pretty harsh. It aint that bad but it just doesn't feel like a modern program. It looks and feels like freeware. But it sound over all isnt so bad, but some parts of the sound are just plain ugly.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

i pretty much agree, yet...am using it sometimes (mostly gated keys, arps, etc...some leads). it's SIMPLE (LOL), so easy to tweak. not the best, yet i'm using it more than some of my other plugins... go figure... :o :D

Aiynzahev wrote:I would just like to throw in my 2 cents

This is synth is horrid. The sound is absolutely nothing special and in many respects below even what free synths offer.

The preset system is basic to say the least. The GUI is terrible.

I would write a review but I'd need to spend more time with it. So far I've been put off by the GUI and the sound quality leaves me no desire to push through!

Well done waves :wink: This synth would have been interesting 10 years ago.

They should at least update the GUI so it's on the level of free synths for usability.

Edit, okay thats pretty harsh. It aint that bad but it just doesn't feel like a modern program. It looks and feels like freeware. But it sound over all isnt so bad, but some parts of the sound are just plain ugly.
Odd, I really like the sound and the interface.

billcarroll wrote:
Odd, I really like the sound and the interface.
Same here. The sound is different to any of my other synths.

If you use all features it could be also quite complex.
You could modulate almost everything and also use the step sequencer for modulation.
The "SineMod" knob add FM with an additional Sine oscillator/operator.
There are also only a few synths with a proper sine wave like element got.

Not to forget the built-in EQ which could sound very nice.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

DuX wrote:I wonder what a big gathering of KVRers would feel like. :lol:

I would really like to participate, though. I would probably get "stuffed" and have a good time whatever happens. :lol:

However, it would probably be in America... why not London or somewhere in Europe? :( Has anybody done that before?

I'm aware it's lightyears from the topic, but the topic has been discussed extensively in the first 50 pages. :lol: Now let us wrap it up with something more casual. ;) :D
Oh dear, that would not be pretty

I find the that the sound is very similar to something like the Korg MonoPoly, but prefer MonoPoly to Element.
You are currently reading my signature.

I actually like the GUI and the presets are fairly nice. It's not an out of this world synth, but it does have a sound of its own.

idfpower wrote:I actually like the GUI and the presets are fairly nice. It's not an out of this world synth, but it does have a sound of its own.
+1 for the GUI, I haven't demoed it yet though.

I really like Element. I don't know why. I choose a preset, turn a few knobs and tadaaa...the sound fits. I bought it cheap from the marketplace and I am happy with it. :tu:
soundcloud.com/petrabot

Return to “Instruments”