New mini Spark

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5Lives wrote:Thanks Kevin - is there an integrated browser in the software? One that would allow me to preview the sounds as part of the sequence (without replacing the sound currently on the pad)? Almost like hot swapping in Ableton. Really cool to have the ability to mix synthesis and samples in Spark though.
Currently, no. But we are thinking about this kind of improvement.

C-note wrote: Any discount for current Spark owners?
I will discuss it with the sales guys and get back to you.
Can Sparkle use the Spark software install?
This is the exact same software (version 1.6 needed).

DELETED

watching the video, this looks like a great fun and inspiring little unit.

theres nothing really that i cant already do with Maschine (apart from having the option of proper synth drums), yet I still want one :)

Definitely want to pick up a SparkLE!
Some reports state mid March availability, some are more vague. Can we get a confirmed release date for regions?

breakmixer wrote: Does this include the VDM library?
Yes
Also does it load your add-ons as I noticed the software UI is different, or can you use it with the add-ons, like VDM and the dubstep one for example, i.e. how does it intergrate with the software from it's big brother, or does it not?
Yes it does, software is the same but you need version 1.6 to use it with SparkLE

michi_mak wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:...
This is the exact same software (version 1.6 needed).
when is this version to be released? can you already tell some of the new features?
TBH nothing very new for this version apart the compatibility with the new controller.

db3 wrote:Definitely want to pick up a SparkLE!
Some reports state mid March availability, some are more vague. Can we get a confirmed release date for regions?
In the past we made the error to announce release date too quickly and due to internal problem we were not able to be on time.
That's why I wouldn't give you a precise date now.
I would say that mid march is very optimistic but if everything goes as we expect, first units should arrive in the US around this date.

Bit of pandering here but Arturia are my new heroes. I got my eye on Spark or SparkLE now after buying a minibrute.

Watching your forums and support answers and you have really done an outstanding job on things. SparkLE really looks nice for those that don't want to jump in on the full Spark price.

I guess the sales might reflect how well you guys have thought things out. Selling out of things quickly...
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I kind of hope they update the full-size Spark soon with an updated layout that:

1) Is thinner
2) Has velocity-sensitive sequencer pads for playing tunes (Yes the 8 pads can be used for tune mode, but you only get 8 of them as opposed to 16 sequence buttons)
3) Has more secondary function buttons as we're kind of running out of combinations for various functions (Sel + 1, 2.....15, 16). I know you really can't future-proof hardware, but it would make expansion a little easier.
4) Has LCD displays underneath the knobs so you know what it controls without having to look at the screen or twiddling the knobs first. It's a pain in the ass live when you're constantly changing knob assignments and you mean to grab the ATTACK envelope and grab TUNE instead.
5) Has the sequencer pads a little lower like the Spark LE
6) Has a higher-res LCD display that gave more information than 2 lines of text.

Regarding the software...

1) More sophisticated sample editing with an auto-normalization option. The included samples are maxed to hell so any other sample that I import is very quiet.

Crap, I know there was something else and I forgot what it was. I'll update it when it comes back...

-Sam

6/8 and odd meter sequences have always been my #1 request. I love Spark.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

masterhiggins wrote:I kind of hope they update the full-size Spark soon with an updated layout that:

1) Is thinner
2) Has velocity-sensitive sequencer pads for playing tunes (Yes the 8 pads can be used for tune mode, but you only get 8 of them as opposed to 16 sequence buttons)
3) Has more secondary function buttons as we're kind of running out of combinations for various functions (Sel + 1, 2.....15, 16). I know you really can't future-proof hardware, but it would make expansion a little easier.
4) Has LCD displays underneath the knobs so you know what it controls without having to look at the screen or twiddling the knobs first. It's a pain in the ass live when you're constantly changing knob assignments and you mean to grab the ATTACK envelope and grab TUNE instead.
5) Has the sequencer pads a little lower like the Spark LE
6) Has a higher-res LCD display that gave more information than 2 lines of text.

Regarding the software...

1) More sophisticated sample editing with an auto-normalization option. The included samples are maxed to hell so any other sample that I import is very quiet.

Crap, I know there was something else and I forgot what it was. I'll update it when it comes back...

-Sam
Hi thanks for this feedback. These are really good ideas indeed.
Last edited by ke2041 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonga wrote:6/8 and odd meter sequences have always been my #1 request. I love Spark.
Maybe I missed something but I think you can already do that in the sequencer view.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
Gonga wrote:6/8 and odd meter sequences have always been my #1 request. I love Spark.
Maybe I missed something but I think you can already do that in the sequencer view.
You can. Just modify the number of steps in the step edit screen. :)

D'oh! software mimics the new hardware ( congrats breakmixer i didn't notice this in the first run through!!! ) - at least i read the software is the same ( i'm pretty sure about same code different gui tbh - maybe Kevin can clear this?! )...
Hi there,

The Spark creative and the SparkLE controllers use the same software (version 1.6). Within the software you have the capacity to switch GUIs, one mimics the Spark controller and the other mimics the SparkLE controller. Hope that helps. all the best.

Return to “Instruments”