CM Special 58: 150 plugins, list of plugs now posted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Asuyuka wrote:I seemed to have misplaced my voucher code for the Zinio promo from earlier this year. Anyone have an idea where I can find it? :help:

N/M, found it. Thanks OP! :)
Same here...

Where did you find it Asuyuka..?

cyphersuit wrote:Let's say it like this: they didn't programm 124 new plugins and give them away for free.
Maybe so, but not all CM version plug-ins are in the Vault now, a notable absence being Geist CM (or whatever they called it). So when something like this comes up it's intriguing to see what's in it.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

What plugins are included in the print edition of this special issue? Is there any listing of those 150 programs available? Are Geist CM and Curve 2 CM included?

szurcio wrote:What plugins are included in the print edition of this special issue? Is there any listing of those 150 programs available? Are Geist CM and Curve 2 CM included?
This is what I want to know

Andywanders wrote:
Asuyuka wrote:I seemed to have misplaced my voucher code for the Zinio promo from earlier this year. Anyone have an idea where I can find it? :help:

N/M, found it. Thanks OP! :)
Same here...

Where did you find it Asuyuka..?
Maybe try this method, it's worked for some people but it may depend on your browser's cache :tu:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 21#5254121

FYI:

Computer Music has slimmed down the CM Studio and renamed it CM Plugins - this happened as of CM185. CM Plugins has 25+ plugins and is fully PC/Mac compatible (ie, they removed the plugins that were PC or Mac only).

The last magazine with the 40+ plugins was CM184, which, incidentally, was their free sampler issue on Apple Newsstand. If you've got an iOS device, you can download that issue for free and access the Vault to download the 40+ plugins.

I'm gonna grab a hard copy of this latest edition next week, which I assume will have the usual link to the Vault. Sorry, I've read the thread, but does anyone know if the CM Studio plugins are there as well now, as they weren't before? I have most of them anyway, but it would be nice to grab the few I missed and have them all in one place.

I mailed CM over this confusion and Lee was kind enough to get back to me personally and explain the situation, hence how I have a handle on the info above. He even went above the call of duty. I'm still confused though. Are those 'CM Studio' plugins going to be in the vault or not? I understand why specials like Geist CM are not included of course, and good job I say. Why should others get amazing software on the cheap practically for nothing when I had to pay good money for it. Er, actually, I think I bought that on an upgrade path from CM myself... :hihi:

Btw, the last issue of CM was a blinder. I loved the stuff about side-chaining and gating. Really useful information. Mind you, their explanation of expanders only left me further confused, but that is probably just because I am a bit dense, as in with not knowing what is going on with the mysterious missing plugins....

codec_spurt wrote:Are those 'CM Studio' plugins going to be in the vault or not?
Which CM Studio plugins do you mean? The "CM Studio" ceased to exist as of CM184.

Just had a look at the latest copy of CM:
http://www.musicradar.com/computermusic ... now-570484

Looking good. I really like the producer masterclass series, and it is sometimes worth buying the mag for this alone if it's someone you're interested in. Obviously there is no way this can be hosted and streamed from the Vault, for free.

Also, just a suggestion. I know that CM is aimed at people starting out, but there's no reason why you couldn't include one or two technical and in-depth articles such as you did on gating and side-chaining in last months issue. Well, technical for people like me. :D

I recommend anyone that wants to learn about this dark art to grab that issue while you can. It also has some great interviews - DJ Scruff and one of the Global Communications/Jedi Knights bods. Forget his name. Aphex Twin's mate. And it has some links to some free software that I'd never heard of and is simply superb, in that kind of department.

Anyway, I'm still confused. They say that they are giving away Curve 2 CM synth, which is reason alone to buy the mag, but they don't say if it is a one off or part of the new CM Plugins Suite. Will it be included in the Vault?

Am I the only one that is really confused? It would be really good if you could say on the front of the mag or on the web-site: "ONE-OFF, ONE-TIME ONLY!", kind of thing, then those of us that really want the plugin can buy the mag, not thinking it is going to be available next month or in the Vault, when it is not.

So, for example is Curve 2 CM synth a one-off, or is it going to be included every month on the DVD or in the Vault if not? I kind of understand the concept of a finite amount of space on the DVD, especially when you are including video tutorials, but I don't think people would mind if you kept that space for such things and one-off soundbanks and put the smaller plugin VSTs in the Vault for people to download. Those that are entitled to it of course.

Just some thoughts.

Lee CM wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Are those 'CM Studio' plugins going to be in the vault or not?
Which CM Studio plugins do you mean? The "CM Studio" ceased to exist as of CM184.
Yes, them's the fellas! The 40+ plugins of "CM Studio". Glad you cleared that up.

Thanks.

That's a shame. Never mind. At least we know those little gems are gone forever except to those that bought the magazines. I've still got all of my DVDs somewhere around the place. Guess I'll have to dig them out.

Of course anyone who buys CM184 AND has an iOS device can still download the 40+ plugins of "CM Studio" for free though. As I understand it.

Perhaps Computer Music could do a special in the future: "The 40+ plugins of CM Studio". I'd buy it!

cheers.

If all the content that has been on the CM CDs and DVDs for CMPlayer is collected into one library, there is a great big rompler right there!

My hope is that they will make that big loada available for download one day

CM has to draw the line with download size and bandwidth somewhere. It's just not feasible. I mean, one would assume that they contribute something towards the devs who provide the VSTs. It must be a pretty tight line. I think all in all, everyone, devs and CM are very generous.

Anyway, I bagged a print copy of CM184. Still some left. I see that there is a Zinio digital edition. Does that mean that 'CM Studio' is not in the Vault to download if one buys that instead? It's academic to me now, but maybe someone else on KVR would like to know, say if they are in a situation where they didn't back up, threw out/lost the mag/dvd and need a certain plugin for a project.

Never mind, guess I'll grab CM188 next week as well for Curve 2 CM. I've got it then and that's that. I'm still confused but it's no big deal, it must be a nightmare organising and administrating between all those plugins for them anyway. I think the Vault is an excellent idea, and it's not like anyone has had to pay extra for the service. I really respect CM and think they are under-rated for the benefits they provide to us and certain devs.

I'd hate to imagine a world without them.

:)

I agree. I have spent more money on plugins than I care to admit, but have toyed with the idea of writing some songs/producing tracks with just CM plugins to see how they come out. My guess is that someone with enough knowledge (not me, unfortunately) can come up with close to a professional result just using the CM plugins.

To showcase the CM Plugins, they should put together a "CM Plugin Experience" album, ala the Groovebox Experience, where all the songs made just by using the Groovebox :D

Is there a list or is there not!?!
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Is there a list or is there not!?!
Jus' a'waitin' to get the link to my Zinio purchase.

Will provide a list when I get that, if not somebody does it before me.

Return to “Instruments”