Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

fisherKing wrote:am using it for just what i needed it for...simple stuff. playing a loop, a sound fx, a pad, something odd, something random. the sampler in logic is great for mutlisamples, more complex stuff. but i've wanted a sampler that could just BE there, and nuance is working for me.
I'm with you here, been dying for a simple sampler for Mac which would allow you to use a sampler like I did with my Akai ages ago. Ie. be able to quickly load and play samples. Using live now which has excellent samplers, but would I've been on Logic, this would've been bought already. Actually, I'm still tempted :D

Hmmm, just noticed they're offering a bundle now, Ganite and Nuance together for €99... Clever move.

i don't use granite much, but it's pretty amazing... good bundle..!

juansep wrote:Hey james, i'm trying the demo, would it be possible to make loop start and loop end automatable and that if you move one of them while playing it detects it?

I like to play with those, its possible in shortcircuit, but i'm liking the simplicity of nuance.
James, any chance of this?

juansep wrote:Hey james, i'm trying the demo, would it be possible to make loop start and loop end automatable and that if you move one of them while playing it detects it?

I like to play with those, its possible in shortcircuit, but i'm liking the simplicity of nuance.
Hi Juan

If you mean controlling the loop via host automation then its not something currently planned. On the otherhand, via internal modulation is possible and personally I think that would make sense at some point. But in either case, its probably not something for the 1.1 update.
juansep wrote: and that if you move one of them while playing it detects it?
not exactly sure what you mean here. could you please explain?

thanks
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Sure, what I want to do is say, sample a bar from my song, import it on nuance so I can make an effect where I put it on loop, I start with a very short loop and I increase the loop end marker while its playing, so it kind of chops in a very nice way, every time the loop restarts it will last a little longer than the previous pass, kinda what you can do with a CDJ.

I'm loving nuance but i'd kill to have this feature, not sure how hard it is to implement, let me know if I didn't make myself clear.

juansep wrote:Sure, what I want to do is say, sample a bar from my song, import it on nuance so I can make an effect where I put it on loop, I start with a very short loop and I increase the loop end marker while its playing, so it kind of chops in a very nice way, every time the loop restarts it will last a little longer than the previous pass, kinda what you can do with a CDJ.

I'm loving nuance but i'd kill to have this feature, not sure how hard it is to implement, let me know if I didn't make myself clear.
Ok I get it now, thanks for the explanation. Yeah it would be possible to add like something like this in the future, but as I mentioned before its probably not going to be part of the 1.1 update.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
miedex wrote:how about adjustable anti-click fades for start/end positions? Playing with start/end points on drum loops results in clicks.
The upcoming 1.004 addresses this with a couple of new features. First, there is a new zone fade-out property, and secondly, dragging the start/end markers on the waveform snaps to zero crossings.
do you announce incremental updates somewhere? I'm not a customer right now but I'd like to know when the demo is updated so I can check the new features
miedex

miedex wrote:do you announce incremental updates somewhere? I'm not a customer right now but I'd like to know when the demo is updated so I can check the new features
You are welcome to subscribe to the newsletter (the button at the bottom right of the website). However, as the 1.004 is a minor update this probably wont be part of the next newsletter, so instead I will just let you know on here when the demo is updated.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

I have always been very impresszed with Granite, soundwise and the minimalist interface. I didn't exactly *need* a sampler but I just couldn't resist. Because of Granite. I'm pretty shure this will be a tool thatmakes the...nuance?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

miedex wrote:do you announce incremental updates somewhere? I'm not a customer right now but I'd like to know when the demo is updated so I can check the new features
Just to let you know - the demo is now updated to version 1.004. (Includes the zone fade out property and marker snap to zero crossings.)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

It would be nice if there was a button to load the currently selected sample automatically. This would come in handy for going through a folder of samples using the arrow keys and hearing them in place (with the current filter, tuning, envelope settings etc).

The current options of double-clicking or dragging and dropping are a bit slow for this way of working. NI Maschine has a button like this and it works well.

involver wrote:It would be nice if there was a button to load the currently selected sample automatically. This would come in handy for going through a folder of samples using the arrow keys and hearing them in place (with the current filter, tuning, envelope settings etc).

The current options of double-clicking or dragging and dropping are a bit slow for this way of working. NI Maschine has a button like this and it works well.
It is possible already to quick-load by holding Ctrl (Win) or Cmd (OSX) and then using the Up/Down arrows. This will load the sample immediately (same in Granite too). But indeed, some kind of quick load mode could make it easier to load with the mouse hand and play MIDI with the other...
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

BDeep wrote:
fisherKing wrote:am using it for just what i needed it for...simple stuff. playing a loop, a sound fx, a pad, something odd, something random. the sampler in logic is great for mutlisamples, more complex stuff. but i've wanted a sampler that could just BE there, and nuance is working for me.
I'm with you here, been dying for a simple sampler for Mac which would allow you to use a sampler like I did with my Akai ages ago. Ie. be able to quickly load and play samples. Using live now which has excellent samplers, but would I've been on Logic, this would've been bought already. Actually, I'm still tempted :D
Agreed, this could be very useful.

hello.

could it be possible that you add sync to song position to your lfo?

sync to song position syncs/restarts the lfo at the start of the song. the phase knob sets where the lfo starts.
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

Return to “Instruments”