The Official XILS 3 Thread ( No more HW dongle required )

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote: how's about we skip the foreplay and just get down to brass tacks ?
Sure. Do you have any questions about Xils 3 V2.0 wich I might answer ?
kind of ....speculative.... to ask questions about a forthcoming synth without knowing the tech-specs. and pages of contrived speculation is what I'm trying to avoid {obviously?}. So. Uh. What are the specs ?

That failing, maybe elaborate on what little details we do know ... it's got two 'core/synthesizers' vs the one of xils III 2.0 ... and 'the intermodulations between these Core Engines, the polyphonic sequencer etc ...'

presumably it's close enough to being released that you're not going to, you know, give away some crazy awesome ideas to your competitors.

ChiTown24 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote: how's about we skip the foreplay and just get down to brass tacks ?
Sure. Do you have any questions about Xils 3 V2.0 wich I might answer ?
kind of ....speculative.... to ask questions about a forthcoming synth without knowing the tech-specs. and pages of contrived speculation is what I'm trying to avoid {obviously?}. So. Uh. What are the specs ?

That failing, maybe elaborate on what little details we do know ... it's got two 'core/synthesizers' vs the one of xils III 2.0 ... and 'the intermodulations between these Core Engines, the polyphonic sequencer etc ...'

presumably it's close enough to being released that you're not going to, you know, give away some crazy awesome ideas to your competitors.
Well, actually you're asking questions about the Xils 4, not on Xils 3 V2.0, based on some pages on our site that should not have been made public before next Xils newsletter, but that some KVRians found by themselves.

Well, we hesitated to not mention the Xils 4 at all during the release of the Xils 3 V2.0. We did it because of the Upgrades Grace Period politics that we finally decided :

1/ If people buy ( or upgrade to ) the Xils 3 V2.0 now, or have bought it since January 1st 2014 : The upgrade price to Xils 4 will be fixed and permanent : only 29€ ( Wich is VERY cheap )

2/ However, people who have purchased the Xils 3 BEFORE 2014 will have the opportunity to benefit of the 29 € upgrade price during a limited time. After this Grace Period has expired, the Upgrade Xils 3 --> Xils 4 price will be 49 € ( Wich is still more than affordable and fait play anyway )

So : People who would like to buy Xils 3 V2.0, or upgrade from the Xils 3 LE to Xils 3 have another valid reason to do it.

I say another because to celebrate the release, what some people might have missed is that the Xils 3 V2.0 is currently on sale, bundled with the Xilistics soundset ( wich means loaded with 550+ presets ).

While keeping in mind that the Xils 3 V2.0 is FREE for all Xils 3 owners ( and I dont know that many companies that release free MAJOR updates )

Ok. Hope all this will make sense for you.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

donato wrote:So if I understand correctly, the new XILS 3 2.0 is a free upgrade for current users, XILS 4 can be purchased with a small upgrade fee and is basically XILS 3 2.0 on steroids, and Synthix will be renamed (probably due to legal reasons). Excited!
Hi Don,

Nearly that :)

Xils 3 V 2.0 is already a Xils 3 on steroids. But you'll soon be able to make your own opinion on this.

Also to celebrate this the Xils 3 V2.0, bundled with our Xilistic soundset, is currently on sale. ( means Xils 3 loaded with nearly 550 presets + permanent upgrade price to the Xils 4 at a fixed 29€ price )

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Xils 3 V 2.0 is already a Xils 3 on steroids.
Will it require a computer on steroids to run?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Xils 3 V 2.0 is already a Xils 3 on steroids.
Will it require a computer on steroids to run?

No. The cpu print is very similar to the Xils 3 v1.5.

A simple bass or classic lead will take 5/8% of my antique QuadCore 9650 PC ( 5 yo ) and some pads with a lot of voices and mods will take 20/30%. Always in ultradivine quality, as its the only mode Xils synths know.

What changed is that until now, the *demo version* of the Xils 3 was the Xils 3 LE itself, that comes without the additonal modules ( 512 possible additional matrix connections added ) Now the Xils 3 has its own demoversion, so people can test it with all its features.

You can DL the dongle free Xils demo here

Did you update the full version to fix this bug you've mentioned? Will the version number be the same or something like 2.00b?

As my ancient laptop is even less powerful than your antique, I guess I'll pass. ;)

Thanks for your reply.

ZINO wrote:Did you update the full version to fix this bug you've mentioned? Will the version number be the same or something like 2.00b?
Yes the bug has been fixed.

Version number is 2.0, and it will install in a different directory than the previous Xils 3 versions. It will also show as a distinct synth in your host. ( So owners of the Xils 3 previous versions will see two synths, Xils 3 and Xils 3.2, in their hosts )

This ensures a total compatibility with existing project of Xils 3 users. Licences are fixed, so all Xils 3 users have to do is DL the install and run it.

Edit : Hmmm sorry I now think I misunderstood your question. Version number will be the same the the first Xils 3 V2.0 installer. Just install it in the same directory than yesterday's 1st version and everything will be ok and what needed to be replaced wil be replaced.
Last edited by Lotuzia on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuzia wrote: As for the price of the upgrade, I think that, in regard to all what we have added, you'll be MORE than happily surprised : it's ......

FREE

for all existing Xils 3 users !
wow! this is very generous. :hug: can't wait to try it out. just downloading. :hyper:

:D :) :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

Just to clarify...if you upgraded to V3 before 2014, it's NOT a free upgrade? Just asking because there's no link in my "Your Coupon Codes".

taijiguy wrote:Just to clarify...if you upgraded to V3 before 2014, it's NOT a free upgrade? Just asking because there's no link in my "Your Coupon Codes".
Thanks for asking.

The Xils 3 V 2.0 upgrade is FREE for ALL XIls 3 users :)

Just DL the installer and run it. ( its not in your coupon codes, no need to even login to your account, its the regular installer found in this page

However : the upgrade for the forthcoming XILS 4 synthesizer wont be free. If you have purchased your Xils 3 before 2014, you will benefit from a Grace Period, allowing you to upgrade to the Xils 4 for only 29€ ( A real steal imho )

Lotuzia wrote:
taijiguy wrote:Just to clarify...if you upgraded to V3 before 2014, it's NOT a free upgrade? Just asking because there's no link in my "Your Coupon Codes".
Thanks for asking.

Just DL the installer and run it. ( its not in your coupon codes, no need to even login to your account, its the regular installer found in this page

However : the upgrade for the forthcoming XILS 4 synthesizer wont be free. If you have purchased your Xils 3 before 2014, you will benefit from a Grace Period, allowing you to upgrade to the Xils 4 for only 29€ ( A real steal imho )
Now I get it. Thank you.

(a) I have XILS 3 Version 1 (1.5.4).
(b) Just installed XILS 3 Version 2 (3.2).

(c) Since I purchased XILS 3 before 2014 I will benefit from a Grace Period, allowing me to upgrade to the Xils 4 for only 29€

(d) Thank you :)

Lotuzia wrote:
Thanks for asking.

Thanks! Downloaded and installed. The GUI is a big improvement! Now to spend the day playing...

mellotronaut wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: As for the price of the upgrade, I think that, in regard to all what we have added, you'll be MORE than happily surprised : it's ......

FREE

for all existing Xils 3 users !
wow! this is very generous. :hug: can't wait to try it out. just downloading. :hyper:

:D :) :party:
Thanks Mello :hug:

Amongst many other things you'll hear that ......

The Xils 3 V2.0 benefits of the new 4th generation ODF 18 and 24 db analog filters. ( And this means optimised cpu AND finely modeled non linear behaviour)

Great! So, when can we expect more news on XILS 4?

Return to “Instruments”