TYRELL N6 V3 is out now !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also have the impression that this is more CPU intensive than the previous version. :/ Some patches that worked nicely earlier just crackle down now, even made it crash eXT when I turned on the chorus, which was quite strange..

Thanks - I think I did something wrong though - I now have a blank gui. I thought I just needed to copy it over the existing data folder.

The new version is very good :shock: , interesting sounds. Now I'm waiting for Diva CM. Maybe someday this version will be released . :hihi:

OK working now - I needed to delete the old ones first

cyphersuit wrote:Not too impressed. A dry version would be much more interesting.
Recorded live, cant render the same way, identical without effects, but i can share the preset:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l73zoe5yjlhtr ... ss-002.h2p

Timfonie wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:I like 70s skin MUCH better than this one...
I do like it yet I prefer 80s skins (or very late '70s ;)) like these:

I tried to use these skins made for Tyrell N6 v2 on v3.
No problem at all. You can still use any of the older v2 skins. :-)
Noooice...downloading now! :)

Can't live without that 70's skin. Proper aesthetics, and a yardstick to GUI/skin creators.

Great, Timfonie, thanks for the heads up. I use a skin very similar to this wooden Prophet-5 lookalike. So I might update to v3 after all.

This new skin is just distasteful. Rack ears? Yeah, it's really important to have that. I need to see the transcriptions, numbers, and potentiometers and faders, and I need more contrast, and dark background with white font. That's all.

So the 70s and 80s skins rule IMHO. :D Easy on eyes, easy to see every parameter clearly.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

ras.s wrote:I also have the impression that this is more CPU intensive than the previous version. :/ Some patches that worked nicely earlier just crackle down now, even made it crash eXT when I turned on the chorus, which was quite strange..
So no update for me after all. I hate bugs. The software ones, I mean. Better wait until the dust settles down... :)

And how can it use more CPU if there was no change in sound? hmmm that's a bit disappointing. :(
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

i think the new gui looks much better
sounds great too
thanks to u-he/amazona.de for this freebie

@DuX: Well don't take my word for it, try it for yourself.. Might just been some glitch on my side, I've got a relatively old computer running Vista, and I even wasn't offline at the time. And eXT isn't exactly known for its stability, either. With the track record u-he's keeping, it's hard to imagine they'd actually go for worse - but then again, everything's possible... I'll give it a more thorough test drive later on.

The "Data folder" demands to be installed in another path that is not 'Program Files\FL Studio\VST', it wants to be installed in "My Documents" (which i hate to install there).
It seems i won't install it. :(

Is there any other solution?
I always have installed Tyrell in "Program Files\FL Studio\VST\TyrellN6 V2"
And the Data folder into "Program Files\FL Studio\VST\TyrellN6 V2\Data"

Have a nice day.

Numanoid wrote:BTW, who is that Tyrell guy over at Amazona?

Is he affiliated with u-he?
Afaik, he's the founder of the Amazona website, and the 'designer' of the concept behind the plug-in.

IrionDaRonin wrote:The "Data folder" demands to be installed in another path that is not 'Program Files\FL Studio\VST', it wants to be installed in "My Documents" (which i hate to install there).
It seems i won't install it. :(

Is there any other solution?
I always have installed Tyrell in "Program Files\FL Studio\VST\TyrellN6 V2"
And the Data folder into "Program Files\FL Studio\VST\TyrellN6 V2\Data"

Have a nice day.
I think the problem with the folder being located in Program Files is, when use the user account feature of Windows, and log on as a normal user, and start your host as normal user, you have no admin rights to write into a folder located in Program Files, which, in this case, would mean you can't save a Tyrell preset for example. If you're not logged on as normal user, or start your host with admin rights, you will probably have no problems.

I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want to move the data folder to your document folder though, in any way, it prevents you from running into any problems, and the folder wouldn't do any harm there. :) It always has been recommended in the ReadMe's of older Tyrell versions.

haha it looks like it spent some time on the floor in a public bathroom next to a urinal :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”