TYRELL N6 V3 is out now !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:haha it looks like it spent some time on the floor in a public bathroom next to a urinal :hihi:
You may have a point there. :) Think I'll stick to the 80s skin if it still works ok.

Regarding location of the data folder, I use a shortcut to the data folder in the vst folder where the main DLL is, and it works nicely that way, and I *strongly* prefer it that way. :hihi: Since my C: is really small for easy backup, and since I like to keep all the presets for all my VSTs in the same folder, so I can make a backup of all of them at once without having to browse through all the "user crap", "all users crap", "documents and crap", "application crap", "common crap" folders, or whatever the microsoft corporate perverts called them :hihi:, just to backup all the bloody presets.

So you can put the data folder wherever you want, make a shortcut to it, and put that shortcut in the folder with TyrellN6.dll The only thing to watch for is that the data folder should be named TyrellN6.data and the shortcut should have the same name.

btw. that was a heck of a great idea, Urs. :tu:

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Uhm... it says free for our readers... and since none of us read German... idk. :? Could Urs or anyone clear this up? I don't want to be taking advantage of something more meant to be magware.

Edit: Nevermind. From the distributor:
The author (Heckmann Audio GmbH, u-he.com) grants anybody to use it (TyrellN6) in the way he (you, who's reading this - or should be) wants, as long as following requirements are met:

You may not

- distribute it on magazine cds (or magazine dvds) or on your website

- set links to its direct download location on websites or other means to hyperlink to the internet

- integrate it or parts of it in any form in commercial software products without the author's written permission

- reverse engineer, modify any of its components including but not limited to software algorithms, graphical artwork or sonic properties other than by using the means that the unmodified software publishes over its user interface or host interface

- gain profit (financially, publicity or any other) from it other than by the music you create with it

- expressly you may not use it to create any sort of sample libraries or thelikes that reproduces sonic material made with it by other means than the software (it, TyrellN6) itself

- infringe the copyright of the author by any claims of anybody else's ownership other than the author

Nevertheless it is expressly granted to

- publish screenshots and audio examples on websites, interactive, video and print material as long as there's some kind of link and reference to the author's website

- set links to its page at Amazona.de or u-he.com

In short:

Use it for your own fun, but don't distribute it - link to Amazona.de or u-he.com instead.
Yep, it's free free. :D Cool stuff.

how do you change skins put some themes under support/themes and don't see an option when I right click?

ScottZ wrote:how do you change skins put some themes under support/themes and don't see an option when I right click?
LOL! :lol: Lazy, lazy, lazy... and not having the patience to read the thread, too. Combo from heaven. Thinking a single click has to resolve it all. You must be Amerriken. :) Well, it's not that easy as eating a dumburger, mate.

You have to first download the skin you want to apply, and then extract the files into the Tyrell's skin folder overwriting the original files with the new ones. If you're doing it for the first time in your life, it would be a good idea to make a backup of original files for just "in case". It's actually as easy as a click, but you have to know a few things about your OS [OS stands for Operating System].

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

well actually I did do that no I'm not lazy I did read the thread and tried both ways. I'm just used to zebra's convenient way of doing things plus no manual I know of for tyrell, but I just installed it yesterday gimme a break sheesh :hihi: for some reason the 7 pack from rsmus7 doesn't work for me on V3 which is why I though I didn't know how to switch skins(it does seem to be missing stuff possibly scripts?) I did get the bittersweet and lavender to work which is pretty nice.

This what shows up when you google Tyrell:

layzer wrote:haha it looks like it spent some time on the floor in a public bathroom next to a urinal :hihi:
I de-pimped it a bit. Those big chrome rack handles were really distracting to me...........

The rack mounts on the sides turned out pretty nasty if anybody knows how to fix them.........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

aMUSEd wrote:
Thanks - I think I did something wrong though - I now have a blank gui. I thought I just needed to copy it over the existing data folder.
Not working with the latest version? I just get a blank gui again.

Teksonik wrote:
I de-pimped it a bit. Those big chrome rack handles were really distracting to me...........

The rack mounts on the sides turned out pretty nasty if anybody knows how to fix them.........
Much better, although I had no problems with the chrome rack handles. I don't understand why people have this strange fixation to make things that are obviously new (like software) appear as old, bad cared, pieces of gear. I have old gear and it doesn't look like that. Can't we have a skin that looks classic but also crisp and clean, like as if it has just left the factory? This is classic, but NEW.
Fernando (FMR)

DuX wrote:
ScottZ wrote:how do you change skins put some themes under support/themes and don't see an option when I right click?
LOL! :lol: Lazy, lazy, lazy... and not having the patience to read the thread, too. Combo from heaven. Thinking a single click has to resolve it all. You must be Amerriken. :) Well, it's not that easy as eating a dumburger, mate.

You have to first download the skin you want to apply, and then extract the files into the Tyrell's skin folder overwriting the original files with the new ones. If you're doing it for the first time in your life, it would be a good idea to make a backup of original files for just "in case". It's actually as easy as a click, but you have to know a few things about your OS [OS stands for Operating System].

Cheers!

That's one way of doing it, however it won't be good when next version of Tyrell is out, then you'd have to overwrite yet again, etc.

You have to create a new subfolder under Support/Themes folder, name it however you want, then put the Images/Panes/Scripts folders inside.

This works for me. Next time I open Tyrell, right-click and I can choose my skin.

Wow, Tyrell N6 V3 sounds awesome, one of the best free software synths around!

Some presets remind me of my Roland JX-8P, cool pads and nice brass sounds.

I've made a short instrumental 80s pop tune using 8 instances of Tyrell N6 V3 (including drum sounds), plus a bit reverb & compression added.

All sounds I used are presets that come along with Tyrell N6 (some of them slightly tweaked).

Markus808 - Tyrell N6 Groove:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/br99zv1b2x6kcd9

Cheers
Markus808

Nice stuff. :tu:

chk071 wrote:Nice stuff. :tu:
Thanks! :)

Markus808

With this latest addition, I'm getting close to having 1300 free patches in my folder, pretty good for a freebie :tu:

http://www.shpitzaudio.com/presets/2015 ... tyrell-n6/

Return to “Instruments”