inside that there is nothing

i can load a sample into it
the gui shows the sample
no sound

i have uninstalled and reinstalled as admin

still no sound
will have another go later

dave
Wasi's right - the sample view is for reference only. I've made some tweaks and the current version will play the sample back. It's no sampler though.

Sorry about your installing difficulties. I don't really have an explanation, since the other files unzipped and copied fine. The best I can do is make the next installer spit out more error messages if copying fails. I've got some gui stuff to finish but hopefully I'll be far enough along to update the installer tonight or tomorrow.

DavenH wrote:
SODDI wrote:
DavenH wrote:
SODDI wrote:Just FYI, Norton quarantined and deleted the .exe file.
Not cool, Norton.
Yeah, it's much wiser to trust a first-time unknown plug-in installer than a well known AV program that's been around for decades.
Innocent until proven guilty though right? ;)
Yes, but if the developers simply CHECKED the file with Norton after seeing such a report - a report made in good faith and specifically NOT accusing the developers of any malicious behaviour - then perhaps they might have a more robust demo file.

It could be as simple as the code that Synthedit's .sem and .sep files contained that had every AV software reporting those files as malware.

Hell, I got enough synths.

SODDI wrote:
DavenH wrote:
SODDI wrote:
DavenH wrote:
Not cool, Norton.
Yeah, it's much wiser to trust a first-time unknown plug-in installer than a well known AV program that's been around for decades.
Yes, but if the developers simply CHECKED the file with Norton after seeing such a report - a report made in good faith and specifically NOT accusing the developers of any malicious behaviour - then perhaps they might have a more robust demo file.

It could be as simple as the code that Synthedit's .sem and .sep files contained that had every AV software reporting those files as malware.

I appreciate the report. Having a bit of a joke is all. There is little I can do about what Norton allows, to my knowledge.

DavenH wrote:
SODDI wrote:
DavenH wrote:
SODDI wrote:
DavenH wrote:
Not cool, Norton.

I appreciate the report. Having a bit of a joke is all. There is little I can do about what Norton allows, to my knowledge.
https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Ah there you go, thanks. Report submitted...

DavenH wrote:
Ah there you go, thanks. Report submitted...
I did the same. Here's their answer:

"In relation to submission [3304495].

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and as such
this detection will be removed from our products.

The updated detection will be distributed in the next set of virus definitions,
available via LiveUpdate or from our website at
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... nload.html
"

Thanks Verti.

Some good improvements on the UI: vertex paths are rendered more accurately when deformed (with a deformer) or distorted by the scratch envelope. As opposed to be just a straight line joining the end points. Hopefully this makes things clearer and editing more intuitive.

Also, for compatibility reasons, I've redone the UI architecture to support software-rendering. It's not a feature included in the demo, but for anyone with OpenGL issues, bad drivers or whatever, there will be another option.

A couple of new demos:

Cycle can't do resonance? psh.

http://www.amaranthaudio.com/data/audio ... onance.mp3

I'm happy about this one because there's no time-domain filtering at all. All done spectrally, which means the character of the resonance is easily adjusted to taste.

http://www.amaranthaudio.com/data/audio ... ad%207.mp3
Last edited by DavenH on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So want to try this but on Mac :(

aMUSEd wrote:So want to try this but on Mac :(

I recently realized I can develop for mac using VMware + OSX. I don't need to port it, using Juce, so I could have a Mac version in approx 2 months. But I haven't started so can't say for certain.

Another Macish audioholic here looking forward to mid november! :-D

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

DavenH wrote:
I recently realized I can develop for mac using VMware + OSX. I don't need to port it, using Juce, so I could have a Mac version in approx 2 months. But I haven't started so can't say for certain.
2 months?
:cry:
I hoped the wait wouldn't be that long for us Mac users...

OK, take the time you need to do it right! :)

WolfKay wrote: 2 months?
:cry:
I hoped the wait wouldn't be that long for us Mac users...

OK, take the time you need to do it right! :)

A software dev learns the hard way to be conservative with his estimates. So... 2 months, "officially speaking." Know what I'm saying?

aMUSEd wrote:So want to try this but on Mac :(

Same here... Well, I am so busy learning Joomla for a complex website I am building and being able to play with such an interesting synth as this would be such a distraction I couldn't resist! So I'm actually happy the Mac version is a ways away.

DavenH wrote:A couple of new demos:

Cycle can't do resonance? psh.

http://www.amaranthaudio.com/data/audio ... onance.mp3

I'm happy about this one because there's no time-domain filtering at all. All done spectrally, which means the character of the resonance is easily adjusted to taste.

http://www.amaranthaudio.com/data/audio ... ad%207.mp3
Can you post some granular synthesis and grain cloud sounds?

Looking foward to the Mac version!

Return to “Instruments”