Alternative to Sylenth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ,

I just changed to Logic X , and have to say goodbye to my beloved Sylenth1 for now, at least until there is a 64 bit mac update.

Was wondering , what would be a good a alternative, where you can change the number of voices individually on each oscillator?

Thanks,
Joa

Spire I guess. The arp feature is coming soon as well. :)

http://www.reveal-sound.com/
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Corona or Discovery.

Synthmaster and ANA (using ANA's first 3 oscs) can do that

Spire can do that, Ana too.
Ana has max 8 voices per oscillator (x 3 osc), Spire 9 voices (x 4 osc)and some special Unison modes.
Sylenth looks a bit dated compared to this synth but has the most presets of all.

I would wage Diversion, these days.
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:I would wage Diversion, these days.
That's a nice synth i had it for a while.. Synthmaster though is the one i'd recommend. Has a lot going on.. great to work with too :-)

I always thought the synth that sounded closest was Twin 2.
However I think Corona was a good replacement for me, with it's awesome arp and much more diverse sounds.

Dune from synapse audio

Haven't we been here before? Sylenth1 alternative.. Well I'd say Spire.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... s-mac.html

From those I have or have tried, I would say Spire and ANA. They don't sound exactly the same, but both can do most of the Sylenth's sounds (including teh supersawz) with decent to great quality and have kinda similar gui concept. Both are noticeably heavier on CPU though and both lack onboard arp (hovever, the Spire devs promise to implement an arp sooner or later).

i just did this! moved to LX, deleted sylenth1, and running spire in it's place...PLUS, LX's new arpeggiator works with...anything! so using that with spire.

what i lose is over 100 soundsets for sylenth1, but...so it goes. LX is DOPE!

Aiynzahev wrote:Haven't we been here before? Sylenth1 alternative..
Yeah, a couple of times. :) It's good to have some up to date recommendations though i think, as now Spire is out e.g.

carrieres wrote:Dune from synapse audio
Forgot about Dune, good one :)

You can also get Dune CM or the Beat edition for cheap, just has less of the mod matrix and no effects.

Thanks all for your help, I ended up buying Spire... and Synthmaster! Guess I'm sorted for a while now... :)

Return to “Instruments”