Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I rarely post here but I'm around regularly, been a member for a long time.
I'd like to thank 2DAT and Ingonator and all involved in any way with this synth. It sounds great and the presets are awesome. Thank you all so much. I gave you a like on facebook, I hope more people discover this gem.
:tu: :tu: :clap:

Breeze wrote:@2DaT: And I think we're about due for version numbers.
<...>
... and start including version numbers before we start drowning in a vast soupy sea of obxd dlls...
:!: :!: :!:

Hi everyone,

many thanks for the replies concerning compiling the collection.

I have to thank all sound designers that contributed and of course 2DaT and LAyzer who did the synth and the GUI. :hug:

Concerning the collection i got two requests by Fernando (aka FMR) and Breeze.

After i had corrected the volumes i had re-saved their banks alphabetically which is quite simple with loading all single patch files into a bank.
Both asked to keep the original order of the patches. As those are two full banks this will need some time and work so it could take a a few days maybe.

Will also update the collection inside the KVR database (where i added different files yesterday and today) when the new update is done.

In the future i hopefully will also add more patches to the 28 i submitted so far.
Also looking forward ro the patches from 2DaT which seem to be work in progress.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

@2DAT: Thanks for releasing the source code. It should be interesting to see what comes out of it.

One curious thing I noticed is the value 44000 instead of the more common 44100. Just wondering if it is intentional or possibly a mistake.

https://github.com/olilarkin/Obxd/blob/ ... e/Filter.h

Code: Select all

SampleRate = 44000;
sampleRateInv = 1 / SampleRate;
rcor =560.0 / 44000;
rcorInv = 1 / rcor;
rcor24 = 970.0 / 44000;

Frantz wrote:@2DAT: Thanks for releasing the source code. It should be interesting to see what comes out of it.

One curious thing I noticed is the value 44000 instead of the more common 44100. Just wondering if it is intentional or possibly a mistake.

https://github.com/olilarkin/Obxd/blob/ ... e/Filter.h

SampleRate = 44000;
sampleRateInv = 1 / SampleRate;
rcor =560.0 / 44000;
rcorInv = 1 / rcor;
rcor24 = 970.0 / 44000;
They are recalculated in setSampleRate method anyway :)

Will you continue working on it?

2DaT wrote:They are recalculated in setSampleRate method anyway :)
Right but 44000 also appears three times in setSampleRate. For example:

float rcrate =sqrt((44000/SampleRate));
So if setSampleRate is called with 44100, I think rcrate will be set to 0.99886557 instead of 1.

I don't know if this matters.

Frantz wrote:
2DaT wrote:They are recalculated in setSampleRate method anyway :)
Right but 44000 also appears three times in setSampleRate. For example:

float rcrate =sqrt((44000/SampleRate));
So if setSampleRate is called with 44100, I think rcrate will be set to 0.99886557 instead of 1.
Honestly , these values were calibrated by ear ( and spectum). They stand for damping inside the filter. For example , if you set them times higher (10-20 x), you get different, more driven sound., if you dont apply damping at all , you get more digital sound.

2DaT wrote: Honestly , these values were calibrated by ear ( and spectum). They stand for damping inside the filter. For example , if you set them times higher (10-20 x), you get different, more driven sound., if you dont apply damping at all , you get more digital sound.
Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.

Very good Plug-In.
Unfortunately it doesn't work on OSX 10.5.8.
Has anybody an idea?
OSX 10.7.5 makes it.

:-)))

ohyes wrote:Very good Plug-In.
Unfortunately it doesn't work on OSX 10.5.8.
Has anybody an idea?
OSX 10.7.5 makes it.

:-)))
A more general comment about the Mac version (i got no Mac myself BTW):

The Mac version seems to be a few days old and also not done by 2DaT which is the original developer but he published the source code on which the Mac version seems to be based.
Originally this was done for Windows and seems to work nicely there.

I guess that the Mac version will need a little more time until it is as stable as the Windows version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I just wanted to say a big thank you to 2DaT and Ingonator for releasing this free VSTi and the patches / banks.

I really like it, it has a nice sound (to my ears) and the presets are very usable 8)

The only negative being is the CPU usage is a bit on the high side compared to some of my synth VSTs (e.g. Z3ta, Dimension, Curve).
However, it is not enough to make it unusable.

I don't use many synth VSTs but I think this one is a keeper.

I tried the Obxd 64 bit Windows VST in Studio One V2 (64 bit) with no issues as yet.

:tu:

Don't forget Layzer... The GUI, it's him! And it is a major part in the work.
:love:

And we must say a big thank you also to all those who created with passion all these five hundred first patches which set off and highlight this wonderful new instrument.
:phones:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Don't forget Layzer... The GUI, it's him! And it is a major part in the work.
:love:

And we must say a big thank you also to all those who created with passion all these five hundred first patches which set off and highlight this wonderful new instrument.
:phones:
Yes, the GUI is lovely - thanks Layzer.

First I want to congratulate you and thank you very much for this great synth :clap: . I love it. The problem is that not working with Sonigen Modular. My OS: Windows XP SP2.
Sorry for my bad English :( .
Thank you very much
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Return to “Instruments”