Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I think that's similar to what I'm saying. Basically it should always retrigger back to previously held key. So - it should remember the order of keys being pressed, then depending on which keys you stop holding, it must follow last note priority, so it should go backwards in this note order buffer and check for keys that are still held, and the key that is still held while also being the key pressed prior to the last key being released, should be retriggered upon note off, REGARDLESS OF SUSTAIN PEDAL BEING HELD OR NOT.

ED should get one of his suggestions impemented as a prize for the 100th page post in this thread :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

LOL 100 is nothing ! We are going for 1000 !
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

EvilDragon wrote:
2DaT wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
On volume matter: square osc is way too loud compared to saw osc.
Check the scope :) .
I don't need a scope - they're just comparatively too loud one to another. For example in Pro-53 the difference is not this huge.
Please don't mess with relative voumes of the waves now - this would trash ALL the patches.
Besides, there are commercial synths where this problem is worse. For me, they are OK as they are - if I select saw and square/pulse simultaneously, I'm able to hear both, and the mix pleases me.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Please don't mess with relative voumes of the waves now - this would trash ALL the patches.
Definitely not! Besides the mixer is already way beyond what the OBX series offered in terms of osc levels. But I think this discussion is part of the Obxd Expansion Plan (the OEP) :hihi:

But that's also why I suggested an additional cross fader between them for each osc: at 12 o'clock the control would give us the current blend but turning it right or left would change the balance from one to the other, so patches wouldn't change... This wouldn't replace the switches because they give us access to the very useful triangle.

Ingonator wrote:Hi,
many thanks, especially for the new patches. There are also some new Bells which is nice as in that catagory there were only few so far.
Hopefully i could publish the updated collection tomorrow. A lot has happened since the last update (around 140 new patches). Now we are beyond 500 patches (around 530).
Ingo
You're welcome! There's a few gems and some throwaways (hey it's a free bank! :D ) I've only sampled other patches here and there so I'm eager to listen to the entire collection. And thanks again for your management work. By the way, what are you using to shuffle presets around? To me that was the most tedious thing of all.

It's pretty amazing what can be coaxed out of a simple machine like this, especially when you start taking advantage of its idiosyncrasies. With all the suggestions we've been throwing around, if there ever is a version 2 with most of them, it'll be a killer.

Breeze wrote: By the way, what are you using to shuffle presets around? To me that was the most tedious thing of all.
Usually sorting by name. Easiest is first export as single patches (with Preset Manager in Tobybear Minihost) and the re-load the single patches to a fresh bank )or overwrite the existing one).
Of course if you got the single patch files you could sort them in any way you like by loading them in to any memory location you like.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Usually sorting by name. Easiest is first export as single patches (with Preset Manager in Tobybear Minihost) and the re-load the single patches to a fresh bank )or overwrite the existing one)....
Right. So it's just tedious! ;)

Updated (OP too):
1)Proper sustain (i hope so)
2)Double click reset for knobs
3)Phase bug fixed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

Time for factory preset bank and website :x

@ 2DaT:

Why don't you consider putting version info in the archive name? That'll make it easier for users to see if they have the current version or not.

Yesterday, I downloaded your synth for the first time - namely the Obxd2 archive. Today, I see an update is out, named Obxd. Is it the same as yesterday's Obxd2, or a newer version, or an older version?

Is the version number not displayed on the gui? Its common practice.

2DaT wrote:Updated (OP too):
1)Proper sustain (i hope so)
2)Double click reset for knobs
3)Phase bug fixed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

Time for factory preset bank and website :x
Hi 2DaT,

just checked the new version. Double click for reset seems to work nicely in Ableon Live 9 32-bit here. Many thank for that feature.

Concerning the patches i just sent a PM.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

2DaT wrote:1)Proper sustain (i hope so)
This is it, thank you! :tu:

Double-click reset works in latest Reaper x64, too.

Kriminal wrote:Is the version number not displayed on the gui? Its common practice.
No, it doesn't even have an About window. In the Plugin Information window in Cubase both dlls show version number 0.1.0.0. Only the file sizes are different. But why should I or anyone else have to refer to comparing file sizes?

Ingonator wrote:
albertodream wrote:[
Ingo, in the folder that contains my patches I detect an error: the bank with all my patches isn't there, instead there's a single patch.
Doesn't matter much because they are all individually, and in the global banks.

I plan to improve my bank and even increase it when the final release is announced.

Thank you for your work :tu:
Just checked. The Folder called "Single pathches" contains all single patches. The community and category sorted bank contained the patches too. Just re-loaded the bank file to have everything complete again.

If you just plan to fix volumes and/or compatibility with the latest Version this is not necessary as i am alraedy working on that.
If you want to add other fixes or add new patches it would be fine.

Ingo
Maybe I don't explain myself correctly: in the folder 'albertodream' there's a single patch (FXP) instead of my bank (FXB). The file that contains my 36 patches is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/saajnrf4bmiqt ... ank1ok.FXB

Thanks

Return to “Instruments”