Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Obxd synthesizer

Kriminal
Banned

Postby Kriminal; Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 am

Peter999 wrote:-------


Its not cool to spam a competitors thread :roll:
kmonkey
KVRAF
 
3738 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 am

rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.


Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!


He did not. He said he is not liking his product not him. Read twice.
User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
 
2467 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 am

1.- I will consider developing a nice little and simple GUI, check out for example Valhalla DSP Gui's, very simple but very functional.

No need for fancy 3d graphs at all, which in many cases looks horrible.

2.- Include a "Read me" file stating why 4 dll and then maybe some road map.

3.- Which is your goal? a free vst? a commercial product? Would be nice to know, it help to form expectations.
dedication to flying
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
12313 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 am

Kriminal wrote:
Peter999 wrote:-------


Its not cool to spam a competitors thread :roll:


+1
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4095 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 am

kmonkey wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.


Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!


He did not. He said he is not liking his product not him. Read twice.


I read it twice, and he is being negative.

If you say you "dislike" something, and mention things it's supposedly lacking, that sounds like a negative statement to me. Maybe not negative about the developer, but still..
Numanoid
Suspended

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:07 am

Kriminal wrote:Its not cool to spam a competitors thread :roll:

Competitor? :D

The plug is according to rumors due in a month, but is being put in the freezer for a couple of weeks while the dev is going on holiday. Yup here we are talking serious biznizzz
2DaT
KVRist
 
291 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Postby 2DaT; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is this thread a joke? What you utter about a synth that has been praised by many insiders as one of the best analog emulations made so far makes me think you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It sounds unnatural? What else do you expect of a synthesizer?! We are not talking bongos here :D


And frankly, I don't like those permanent references to 0df filters. Why don't we just throw all our plugins away that don't have 0df filters? :roll: In most scenarios one doesn't even hear the difference between a good 0df and a good non-0df filter.

I dont want to flame about best va synth. I just commend you to setup Spectrometer and look at wavespectrums ( because the spectrum is what you actually hear)
The beatuy of 0df filters is their constructive similarity to analog ones, and their way to do non-linearities.
pdxindy
KVRAF
 
12313 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:12 am

Examigan wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.


Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!


He did not. He said he is not liking his product not him. Read twice.


I read it twice, and he is being negative.

If you say you "dislike" something, and mention things it's supposedly lacking, that sounds like a negative statement to me. Maybe not negative about the developer, but still..



He made one quick comment on his motivation for making a synth plug-in. Then the rest is all about the synth. It was not a negative post, or slagging on a developer or some such.
Numanoid
Suspended

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:14 am

pdxindy wrote:He made one quick comment on his motivation for making a synth plug-in. Then the rest is all about the synth. It was not a negative post, or slagging on a developer or some such.

But when Sonic Project responds to that criticism with a posting, you are calling that spamming. Where are your logic?
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4095 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:22 am

Numanoid wrote:
pdxindy wrote:He made one quick comment on his motivation for making a synth plug-in. Then the rest is all about the synth. It was not a negative post, or slagging on a developer or some such.

But when Sonic Project responds to that criticism with a posting, you are calling that spamming. Where are your logic?


+1
Yes he has a right to defend his product, was just posting some examples.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9917 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 am

Examigan wrote:
kmonkey wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.


Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!


He did not. He said he is not liking his product not him. Read twice.


I read it twice, and he is being negative.

If you say you "dislike" something, and mention things it's supposedly lacking, that sounds like a negative statement to me. Maybe not negative about the developer, but still..


Indeed. First he says it sounds unnatural, and then he goes on to say he will now make a plugin with good filters - for a change, between the lines.

And why would anyone even download a buggy beta version one instance of which keeps the entire CPU busy? :roll:

Can you post audio examples of your synth vs. the real thing or vs. the OP-X?
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
9917 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:33 am

So, go on vacation, then finish the plugin and then come back so we can rip it apart :D
rob_lee
KVRAF
 
7246 posts since 16 Oct, 2006, from UK

Postby rob_lee; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 am

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob_lee
KVRAF
 
7246 posts since 16 Oct, 2006, from UK

Postby rob_lee; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:43 am

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
33805 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am

group hug?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments