Tone2 Nemesis is released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Ingo is way more technical than I am, so I'm sure he can give better tips than I would ;-P
As to your being an accident sound designer, I can't help quoting Bob Ross: "We don't make mistakes, we only have happy accidents" :) So I'm sure what you do is good :)
thanks a lot! im looking forward ;), im a bit sad as i didnt find ANY tutorials on youtube or even purchaseable video tutorials so far. i love video tutorials to learn synths, cause im a sucker reading manuals and understand, i understand when watching a video :D.

i hope there will be one this YEAR :D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

hmmmmm just testing the full version, i get a lot of clicks somehow? is this normal? of course not i think, i can handle DIVA very well mostly and read that NEMESIS is much lighter on CPU, still i asap get clicks in nearly every patch :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Uhmmm... odd, I have an ancient pentium 4 and I can run several instances with no problem, unless I use some cpu heavy patches...

need to check cause i still got the issues :(

here is a small demo sample of Nemesis, all sounds except the percussions are from Nemesis!

https://soundcloud.com/mccaine/bionemesis

Caine123 wrote:thanks so much, sorry but i need to learn more i guess, i know standard subtractive synthesis (im no sound designer, more a tweaker and accident sound designer ;D) how it works, but i dont understand for example how i need to set up Nemesis to get true FM sounds, which waves I MAY only use for it etc. for any help im REALLY thankful, i will download the manual today and try to read and understand.

or maybe how and what i MAY use to get vintage sounds :D!
"True" DX7 fm is based on sine waves, in Nemesis sine waves won't give you much, though it can deliver some usual suspects, but Nemesis isn't based on classic FM synths like DX7, it's based on FM and the way modulation is set up, trying to grasp FM synthesis won't gonna help much in figuring out Nemesis, because this synth is different take on FM.
To set it up like "very simple DX7", choose FM/PM or FM/PM Vintage DX algorithm in oscillators section and since it's different take on FM, from "classical" perspective it'll look limited because you end up having 2 sets of "hardwired" modulator-carrier combos.

DX7 has 6 operators 32 algos, its sound is based on intermodulation of those 6 sine wave operators, where Nemesis set up as "classic" FM synth has 4 hardwired operators.

So you need to read a Nemesis manual since its take on FM is different and it only gently touches classic FM, but combined with its built it wave editor and various waveforms you can approximate and recreate many classic FM sounds, but to do it will require a different mind set because from classic FM perspective its limited, while taking it as it is, it's actually better, more elaborate, more creative, since there's no tutorials on it, manual is your best friend.

It's a Jack of many "small" trades, hence DX7 department is lacking, but all those trades combined makes it more interesting and better, but it's not the most appropriate Jack to try to recreate DX7 banks, lol.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

OK I'm demoing this. Why does it place all its data files in the plugins folder on Mac?

Not a big fan of shop buttons on the plugin ( one reason I don't buy IK stuff) - especially when they are amongst the most prominent. If I want to buy something I will go to the website, I don't need it cluttering up the plugin gui with commercial reminders.

I'm really not clear what the Neo FM knobs are doing or how this is different from normal FM?

aMUSEd wrote:OK I'm demoing this. Why does it place all its data files in the plugins folder on Mac?
I demo'd this last week after hearing Mac's work w/ Nemesis and noticed the same thing. The installer sort of pukes everything into the plugin folder, which definitely isn't right. Leads me to believe Tone2 aren't exactly Mac-savvy - especially since the AU version crashed Logic right away. I moved over to Live and used the VST version after that and it didn't crash.

On the other hand, was an instant fan of the sound and synthesis method, liked the GUI/interface, and spent a good hour just making presets. If they update their installer, and maybe get a stability update for OS X, I'd be sorely tempted - was really enjoyable aside from the issues.

Phase47 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK I'm demoing this. Why does it place all its data files in the plugins folder on Mac?
I demo'd this last week after hearing Mac's work w/ Nemesis and noticed the same thing. The installer sort of pukes everything into the plugin folder, which definitely isn't right. Leads me to believe Tone2 aren't exactly Mac-savvy - especially since the AU version crashed Logic right away. I moved over to Live and used the VST version after that and it didn't crash.
OK I'm uninstalling this, it's made a complete mess of my plugins folder, it should not be installing support files there, junk all over the place. Plus I don't think it does anything I can't do in Blue 2 (which also sounds better).

...it's not so hard to create a "Nemesis" folder and move/install the stuff in it.

MaxSynths wrote:...it's not so hard to create a "Nemesis" folder and move/install the stuff in it.
This is what I did for the installs of all the Tone2 stuff I own.

I did an install of one of their synths, putting it straight to my VST folder and it changed every single one of the files in the folder slightly. Probably in no meaningful way (I presume it was checking for blacklisted keys), but it still weirded me out. Since then every Tone2 synth is given the privilege of it's own folder haha.

KingTuck wrote:
MaxSynths wrote:...it's not so hard to create a "Nemesis" folder and move/install the stuff in it.

I did an install of one of their synths, putting it straight to my VST folder and it changed every single one of the files in the folder slightly. Probably in no meaningful way (I presume it was checking for blacklisted keys), but it still weirded me out. Since then every Tone2 synth is given the privilege of it's own folder haha.
Never experienced something like this. I move folders and files all the time while betatesting/sound programming. Usually I create a folder with the synth name at the installing process; sometimes I also move the files manually in a new folder (believe me it takes about 10 seconds :hihi:)
Last edited by MaxSynths on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxSynths wrote:
KingTuck wrote:

Never experienced something like this.
Ya it's weird. Not just a me thing though, it's an explicit function of the installer that anyone will experience. Dunno if their current installers do it, pretty sure it was Saurus that weirded me out with that. Nemesis might not have that design.

You have no control over the install location on Mac. That's just where it dumps it.

aMUSEd wrote:
You have no control over the install location on Mac. That's just where it dumps it.
I see. Can you create a folder manually and try to move the stuff in it? AFAIK this is not a problem when you run the plugin again from your DAW.

Doesn't look like it - this results in no presets in the browser (amongst other things missing)

Return to “Instruments”