Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Bombadil wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Business is business, but a cranky customer base that feels IKM has not treated it fairly, with all of the attendant venting on multiple music forums, isn't good for business, as far as I can see.
Is it really safe though to think that IK's entire fan base is on forums? How many of these cranky customers are not on multiple forums with different names saying the same things?
I wouldn't know the stats. It is a reasonable assumption, imo. People in the user demographic are generally well off enough off to own a computer (or have friends who do) and use it to research various products.

It is also a reasonable assumption that there are people on more than one forum bitching about this. I am not one of them, however. This is the only public forum where I've had anything to say about this situation. And, yes, you could classify me as one of the 'cranky' ones, but, I, too, was led to believe that I would be able to use my IKM VIs in a free version of ST3 within a reasonable period of time. Rather than whine and moan too much, I invested in alternatives, which include VEPro 5, which allows me to use IKM VIs in Logic X. It is a small hassle, though. That was my first step. Being satisfied with VSL, I decided to upgrade my orchestral library (which I am still in the process of doing). For synth stuff, I have Omnisphere: Medieval Legends, Best Service Ethno 5, and a couple of others I can't think of off the top of my head. So, rather than my money going to IKM, I put it elsewhere.
Yeah that's true but in retrospect I have a lot of friends who are into vsts and music production own computers and do not use forums at all. Actually I have only met a couple of people in real life who actually use them. Most are on Facebook, twitter, or YouTube. Maybe that is just my own experience but I am thinking at most it might be 50 guys on KVR getting on IK. I am sure they have thousands of customers out there some who care about ST3, some who are cranky, some who have moved on and some like me who are exctited to get their hands on ST3. Point is that forums even if we add KVR, GearSlutz and the Cakewalk forum which I have seen Peter take quite a beating on each of still do not add up to say more than 300 people and I am being generous when I say 300. I don't think they could sustain their business with only 300 customers. Maybe there are more who are not as vocal but the more I look at threads like these the more I see the same names come up on each forum. Its always the forum regulars and most people are not forum regulars. Most people are pretty skeptical of what they read online as well and tend to make their own decisions on a product once its out. Basically when I see people saying IK does not listen to us I think those people do not see the bigger picture. IK is trying to please everyone I think but they also are not going release anything until they think it is ready. Obviously something went wrong in 2013 that they had to fix and had to push back the release. I am sure we have a ton of other instruments we can use until ST3 is ready I know I do at least. Kontakt fills most of the voids that ST2 would fill if it was 64 bit for me. I prefer Sampletank though which I know some people think is crazy but it just flows better for me. Omnisphere offers a lot of good stuff. Alchemy offers great sounds. Dimension Pro gets some use when I don't have the sound I need ready in Kontakt a lot of the time. Point is we all have alternative libraries so why beat up on the messenger? Why get mad at IK for releasing products that are not Sampletank 3? I want some new stuff for T-Racks more than I want ST3 but I am not going to harass Peter because I am pretty sure he is just passing on information that his boss gives him to share. If I were Peter at this point I wouldn't share shit until its set in stone because people are acting the way they do when something changes.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
ksandvik wrote:....I just want SampleTank to work with Logic Pro X, been months now and it feels stupid opening Logic Pro 9 just to record some ST generated tracks.
SampleTank 3 will be the solution for this.
If Sampletank 3 will be "the solution", why on IK shop ST2 and the expansions are still sold without any info about upgrade to v3, 64 bit, compatibility etc.? :x How long must we wait?! What I find incredible is that there is no info at all on IK website. If someone ignores this forum, the NAMM or youtube, ST3 simply does not exist. That is... harassing :?

BESIDES: You sell the "Total Workstation" for €239.99 with no mention at all about ST3. At the same time you are not clear at all about ST3 price, neither here nor elsewhere (will it be free for somebody? Not free dor some others? Is it an upgrade or a total different product?)... I don't like this policy. There is no mention about 32 bit limits, and I understand why some people here tend to believe ST3 is far to come.
Last edited by mhog on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cripes, man. What you're doing here is harassing. The info will be available when it's available.

It's just a VST, don't throw a rod. :nutter:
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:Cripes, man. What you're doing here is harassing. The info will be available when it's available.

My friend, it is not that difficult to understand: just go to page 1 and read this:

Numanoid wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:As stated multiple times before, many times here, SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit, will load/import previous Powered By SampleTank libraries, and will be released by the end of the year.
Times flies, and august is almost over

Sample Tank 3 is to be launched by the end of the year. As I doubt IK will launch anything after x-mas, as we all then will be skint, I guess sometime late November (hopefully before) would be the most logical date to release it.

So as we thus must believe that Sample Tank 3 is less than 100 days away, let's start the countdown :-)
by the end of the year? :?
Last edited by mhog on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh the lolzes.

ksandvik wrote:....I just want SampleTank to work with Logic Pro X, been months now and it feels stupid opening Logic Pro 9 just to record some ST generated tracks.
I solved this issue via 32Lives: 32bit plugins become "magically" 64 bit. Whatever it is (a bridge or smth) It works very well (I open Sylenth1, Vanguard, AAS Stringstudio in Logic X and Ableton Live 9). I hope it works for ST2, too (I did not install it because I want to buy ST3).

mhog wrote:
b15fliptop wrote:Cripes, man. What you're doing here is harassing. The info will be available when it's available.

My friend, it is not that difficult to understand: just go to page 1 and read this:

Numanoid wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:As stated multiple times before, many times here, SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit, will load/import previous Powered By SampleTank libraries, and will be released by the end of the year.

Sample Tank 3 is to be launched by the end of the year. As I doubt IK will launch anything after x-mas, as we all then will be skint, I guess sometime late November (hopefully before) would be the most logical date to release it.

So as we thus must believe that Sample Tank 3 is less than 100 days away, let's start the countdown :-)
Oh, I understand. Still, just a VST. In time you'll either know more or you won't, and it will be released or it won't. The world will still be turning.

Unless, y'know, meteors or something.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:
mhog wrote:

Numanoid wrote:

Oh, I understand. Still, just a VST. In time you'll either know more or you won't, and it will be released or it won't. The world will still be turning.

Unless, y'know, meteors or something.
+1 This is why I don't get why people get so up in arms about it.

b15fliptop wrote:It's just a VST
And 64-bit AU & AAX64. Who says I don't share information? :)

mhog wrote:There is no mention about 32 bit limits
It says 32-bit on the Powered By SampleTank Specs pages (the one I could see being overlooked), there's a FAQ entry specifically about it, and a demo and free version to try in your environment as is the norm for many to use before making a software purchase. I will see if we can add more than that though those seem to cover it for most.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I stand corrected.

Hey, what about standalone? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!?!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

To be fair to mhog, there aren't many things on the market anymore that are 32 bit that weren't made by synth edit. So I can see why many people could overlook that.

b15fliptop wrote:
I stand corrected.

Hey, what about standalone? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!?!
The Standalone was only for NAMM, sorry.

(Obviously kidding)

Return to “Instruments”