Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I think I have the same taste in drummers as Sting does... I can count among some of my faves Omar Hakim, Manu Katché, Vinnie Colaiuta, and Abe Laboriel Jr. ... I'll have to see what their rates are post-Sting ;) I had heard that Abe had received the call from Sting to tour again after having already been hired by Paul McCartney (life's full of tough choices) and the others are super accomplished so I'm pretty sure they are out of my league and budget. So back to getting at least one of these guys virtually in SampleTank 3!

Also, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them.
I'd agree on the drummers, and you're right about Sting's ability to choose excellent drummers. Vinnie and Omar are very high on my list of favorite drummers -- when I was a young drummer people would always compare my playing with Neil Peart (I love Rush, and no offense to Peart, but he was never one of my favs), but the rock drummers that really influenced me when I was young were Vinnie Colaiuta (I still recall a live Zappa album where he refers to Vinnie as "another fine Italian") and Billy Cobham. Manu is another drummer who creates fantastic grooves -- a really "out of the box" thinker. His work with Peter Gabriel was incredibly good. And I'm a huge Beatles fan (together and individually), so, of course, I appreciate Abe's drumming (and his dad's bass playing too!).

Getting back to SampleTank, on SampleTank 2/2.5, I always loved the sounds of those IK and Sonic Reality drum kits and wish they had the complexity (velocity layers, round robins, etc) of more sophisticated KONTAKT, Superior Drummer, etc. libraries. IK and Sonic Reality got great tones out of instruments. My hope is that SampleTank 3 features that same ability to capture great tones but with more sophisticated sampling. As it is, I mainly use SampleTank for vintage synth and Tron samples -- especially the Sonic Reality libraries like SampleTron. I'm happy to use it for that alone; that's its niche for me. But, of course, I'd be even happier if SampleTank 3 brings SampleTank up to a more sophisticated level of sampling and 64 bit for Windows.

I just want to know what it will do and how much of a discount I will get for having suffered to buy total studio 3 at such a ridiculous high price from you guys on black Friday. Is that so much to ask? 35 pages is too long to read through to discover the facts.

Reveal and squeel. I promise not to tell anyone else if you send me details.

yessongs wrote:I just want to know what it will do and how much of a discount I will get for having suffered to buy total studio 3 at such a ridiculous high price from you guys on black Friday. Is that so much to ask? 35 pages is too long to read through to discover the facts.

Reveal and squeel. I promise not to tell anyone else if you send me details.
I assume the "ridiculous high price on Black Friday" was a joke :) We do not have specific upgrade pricing details to share yet.

I'm sure the price will be a sliding scale from $1 to murnau. murnau being the asymptotic junction of a function as it nears infinity.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm sure the price will be a sliding scale from $1 to murnau. murnau being the asymptotic junction of a function as it nears infinity.
:lol:

i wouldnt take it even for 0 cent btw..

ps. not because its a bad product - sure it isnt.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm sure the price will be a sliding scale from $1 to murnau. murnau being the asymptotic junction of a function as it nears infinity.
:lol:

i wouldnt take it even for 0 cent btw..
that's the beauty of an asymptotic function. That space as the function approaches infinity is VERY small .. so from your point of view, you will never reach that low low low price point, from IK's point of view if you have $20 it is $21, if you have $25 it is $26 dollars ... no matter how much you have, it is $1 more.

Actually... the asymptotic junction of a function ala murnau is more relative to the litigious resale value more than the initial price offerings.
For those things nearing infinity in assumed problematic functions as well as the sliding scale feature of time entering the proposed market, there are others much more qualified. :wink: :D :hihi: :lol: :phew:
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

If that would have been three times instead of two, I'd have thought of this guy:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If that would have been three times instead of two, I'd have thought of this guy:
:lol: it only took two times to summon him ... Even Candyman took 3 times. WHAT KIND OF DEMON IS MURNAU????

try again! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'm hoping that non-cat pic met the standard to which eDrummist holds me as far as humor goes. I was thinking Candyman and Bloody Mary too... then I got thirsty and it is too early to drink that kind of beverage here!

SJ_Digriz wrote:WHAT KIND OF DEMON IS MURNAU????
Clearly we have not consulted his avatar if we are asking that question! He/she hides nothing!

murnau wrote:try again! :lol:
I actually picture John Malkovich in his most obessessed parts of 'Shadow of the Vampire". Or is that too flattering?
:wink:

BBFG# wrote:
I actually picture John Malkovich in his most obessessed parts of 'Shadow of the Vampire". Or is that too flattering?
near.. :)

great film.. ..well, the first half. :)

murnau wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
near.. :)

great film.. ..well, the first half. :)
lol, that's what I was gonna say .. first half.

Return to “Instruments”