Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

VitaminD wrote:Strange.. because Musician's Friend somehow got ahold of these screenshots and was using them to sell the product yesterday :dog:
Yeah, my first priority as a software developer would be to send dealers the wrong pics so they can stick them in the online shop by mistake, along with the product details. And price.

There might be some truth in the idea that the pics are "wrong" – maybe management had a change of heart, pulled the release and they forgot to tell MF about the switcheroo.

VitaminD wrote:Image

Strange.. because Musician's Friend somehow got ahold of these screenshots and was using them to sell the product yesterday :dog:
Look at the values next to the volume and pan sliders. They are all equal even though the sliders are set to different values. I doubt the screenshot shows a genuine, running ST3.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...I don't remember having this conversation at the booth, and you didn't refer to the rep as a "handsome gentleman with luxurious hair and a dazzling personality" so I'll assume it wasn't me ;)...

No, it wasn't you. So you want me to "drop-a-dime" on the IK rep that I spoke with yesterday?

Luxurious hair? Maybe I should post a photo of said hair tonight and let the group here judge for themselves. 8)
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

I really hope these 'unofficial' screenshots aren't telling the whole story! Sure there's a bigger/better sample library, 64 bit, more fx and a fresh lick of paint (all very welcome) but ultimately a bit underwhelming considering how long the wait has been.
I was hoping to see a lot more added to the functionality of ST - more flexible modulation, more LFOs, more envelopes (including possibly MSEGs), arps, step sequencers, possibly even Korg KARMA style phrases etc etc...

I guess there's still more details to come but, as it stands, ST3 looks like it might sound better than ST2 but not really be capable of doing much more - I was really hoping for much more of a workstation rather than just a rompler. Hope I'm wrong.

I hope the GUI is scaleable. I expect I'll give in and get the upgrade, IF the price is right. I also have a wee bit of a problem with a two-tiered upgrade cost, but.....

Question: Does Sampletank 3 make the libraries of Miroslav, Sampletron, Samplemoog, Sonik Synth redundant?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

64bit stability, Clean looking interface with easier to read background & fonts, Additional filters added, Additional sample content, Ability to play ST2 libraries. All looks like a go to me. Just release it already and let's go from there.

Just posted on their facebook

neverenoughfunk wrote:Features
-Over 30GB of sound content and 2,000 instruments
-Over 800 recycled loops and 1,000 MIDI files for drums, percussion, and basses
-Complete redesigned new interface with 3 main environments
-16 channels multi-part Play interface with quick mixer and easy layering
-Sound browser with keyword searches and integrated MIDI player/mixer
-All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shift/time-stretch)
-14 filter types, round robin and articulations plus 8 macro per sounds for quick multi-parameters editing
-Multichannel mixer-like audio Mix interface, with up to 30 effects per channel
-Integrated multi-effects with over 50 high-quality effects
-20 effects derived from top of the range AmpliTube and T-RackS analog modeled algorithms
-New Map interface, freely associate any Multi layered sound to any -MIDI program change for immediate recall during live performances
-Accurate 3D representations of instruments for instant identification and recall
-Avaiable as standalone and as 64 bit plug-in for AAX, VST and AU platforms on MacOS and Windows
this thread started Aug 26, 2013... could anyone tell me what information did the ik multimedia reps bring to the table... i think nothing!!! only "hype"... ST 3 reminds me of a Halion Sonic 2 clone... not sure what that 60% off the original price means... i paid $299 for ST 2 back in 12/11/2003... all "hype"!!!

i have no problem with ik multimedia reps coming on to the forums to answer questions about its products... but the "hyping" should "STOP"... i have been to a Public Enemy concert before... after awhile... i did get tired of Flava Flav saying "YEA... BOI" !!! "hype" is cool in small amounts... but ik multimedia reps have taken it to another level...

again... the moderator... should cut down on this type of "hype"... because... in this case... a lot was said... but little validity... which equals to "hype"....

in other words... let the product sell itself!!

waltercruz wrote:Just posted on their facebook

what is the difference between the GUI from MF and the one from the picture?

BBFG# wrote:64bit stability, Clean looking interface with easier to read background & fonts, Additional filters added, Additional sample content, Ability to play ST2 libraries. All looks like a go to me. Just release it already and let's go from there.
wow! :lol:

it would be okay for an update price of $49,99 for existing long time customers but i doubt it since we deal with IK here.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Just posted on the IKM YT page (similar info to the video above):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uwcHPVyJU
Eternitysound VST Banks

i have to say as a "master baiter"... i pretty much called it... and i am not a "hypeman" for ik multimedia... if any of yous read my posts... i predicted a NAMM showing, 1st quarter release and halion sonic 2 clone... question... what did you get? a NAMM showing, 1st quarter release and halion sonic 2 clone...

in other words... you may not like what i write on this forum... i at least am "real/honest" with my statements... it is funny how "real/honest" leads you to the truth...

again... any times an individual starts calling names i.e. "master baiter"... it is like running out of facts at a debate...

ik multimedia reps... that is egg running down your face!!!

neverenoughfunk wrote:
waltercruz wrote:Just posted on their facebook

what is the difference between the GUI from MF and the one from the picture?
Looking at that, and the video below your post, I'd say nothing obvious.. looks identical to me.

Of course the one window with the panning sliders (as mentioned by someone here) are doctored as they are panned all over the place and all the values say '64' (center), but it otherwise looks identical to me to what is actually being shown working NAMM2014.

Sounds nice.. looking forward to a 'free' version in a year or so from now.. :hihi: I think I'd rather have a 'free' version and just buy a couple pianos and some strings from the ST Custom Shop that I am speculating will arrive (due to the shopping cart icon in the top, right corner of the screen) than spend 300 dollars on the whole hog.

Loos pretty great to me. I'll be getting it!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Return to “Instruments”