Pads: your first choice?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnGee wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
EnGee wrote: The one I don't use now is Massive because I sold it :( Anyway, I have Z3ta+2 which can cover somehow that.

Funny, when I think of those type of sounds, I also open Z3ta+2 before I even think of Massive. But I picked up a sound bundle in the last auction and think I might start thinking of Massive more now.
Massive is a great synth. So nice to design your own sounds. Much nicer IMO than Z3ta+2 (or even Harmor, which I always forget it). I really must buy it again and learn to keep it.
Harmor is a great synth but I hate the workflow and its design. I tried hard to be in, but couldn't :? Pity because it is a very capable synth.

Of this, I have no doubt. It's just that I owned Z3ta+2 before and so think of it before Massive. I'm also fairly sure of Massive being a better synth in many ways, but TBH, they are both synths I do no programming and little tweaking to. (Nothing more than I have to.) But since they're both effectively nfr for me (Massive is tied to Komplete), I keep them in mind, but not the forefront of it. I usually will open Gladiator2 before either one of them. It's when other synths just don't seem to be working for me that I finally remember to give them a run through.

Hmmm... The 'first choice' list keeps getting longer and more meaningless.

What would be the LAST choice? Is there a synth that does NOT make pads?

(Disclosure: I am not a big fan of pads, so that synth may be MY first choice)
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Hmmm... The 'first choice' list keeps getting longer and more meaningless.
What would be the LAST choice? Is there a synth that does NOT make pads?
(Disclosure: I am not a big fan of pads, so that synth may be MY first choice)
My last comment was actually closer to my last choices.
But it's the last one you choose that stays in the mix.

I got the galbanum pisces bank for rapture and it has some outstanding pad sounds I think are as good as any from any other synth I have. Synthmaster offers a lot of choices. For strange atmos I think some of the demos of banks for spectral and crx4 from lin plug qualify as superior to many other sounds I here from people mentioning here. Omni and alchemy are awesome of course but there are tons of tones out there try them all. I also love the korg legacy synths and trons from sampletank to mtron etc... OPX has nice stuff from what I hear in demos.

FREE; pg8x, dune be, firebird, synth 1, deputy, nabla, poly2106, enzyme le, sq8l just add fx like chorus phaser and reverb/delay or get more creative and I concur to layer gets interesting sounds especially when one layer is panned or getting sent through a tremolo or sequenced gate effect like in that magware version of fx from diversion.

Oddity2
Imposcar2
Blue2

BBFG# wrote: Of this, I have no doubt. It's just that I owned Z3ta+2 before and so think of it before Massive. I'm also fairly sure of Massive being a better synth in many ways, but TBH, they are both synths I do no programming and little tweaking to. (Nothing more than I have to.) But since they're both effectively nfr for me (Massive is tied to Komplete), I keep them in mind, but not the forefront of it. I usually will open Gladiator2 before either one of them. It's when other synths just don't seem to be working for me that I finally remember to give them a run through.
I think I tried Gladiator but not version 2. I also tried Electra which I liked more than Gladiator. But overall neither one has convinced me in the long run especially they are over the $100 limit I usually put for a synth (there are exceptions like Largo or Zebra, but really very few I would pay more than $100, and even those I haven't bought yet as there are usually great discounts or second hand sale that have a great deal for competitors' synths which I end buying) 8)

Cost averaging puts them in your limit then for right now (at least through today).

Ragnarök :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

BBFG# wrote:Cost averaging puts them in your limit then for right now (at least through today).
Oh do you mean the 2 in 1 offer?
Yes, it is a very good offer indeed, but I will pass. They are not in the top in my shopping list for now.

Padshop
Alchemy
Abysynth

Last choice.. Tattoo by Audio Damage, because DRUM MACHINES DON'T DO PADS! :tantrum:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Agreed on those three. Though Padshop most frequently has the pad that works.

Imposcar or Synth-1 :)
:tu: All is good

How does Padshop compare to alchemy's granular synthesis? Seems like its alot of peoples favorite synth here for pads. I take it that it must at least have good sound and workflow.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

This.

Kontakt with Nebulae II by Hollow Sun.

Return to “Instruments”