Computer Music 16, 17, 20, 21 and 23?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The digital content vault for Computer Music supports issues 16, 17, 20, 21 and 23. Which magazines are those? Are they sold anywhere as digital editions?

zorniko wrote:The digital content vault for Computer Music supports issues 16, 17, 20, 21 and 23. Which magazines are those? Are they sold anywhere as digital editions?
They are old issues from about 12 or 13 years ago, if you have the magazine you can access the vault. So if you can track down a copy of the old mags (which were never digitized), you can access the vault.

The first issue I got was CM83, so that will be the oldest vault I can access if it ever gets up. But I still have all the discs and don't need access to it.

I am not aware that there is any content which is exclusively available from the vault if you buy the actual magazine, so those buying the digital edition or have no DVD reading capability find the vault useful or necessary.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong !
Last edited by bob bobwood on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Bob.
bob bobwood wrote: They are old issues from about 12 or 13 years ago.
Ok, but which ones? (No info to be found about these old CM Specials)
And where can I buy digital editions?
Hm... all of this is very unclear, still.

bob bobwood wrote: They are old issues from about 12 or 13 years ago, if you have the magazine you can access the vault. So if you can track down a copy of the old mags (which were never digitized), you can access the vault.
So i guess it is only for ppl who own a physical copy of these issues.

I doubt you'll find these issues any useful anyway... i don't think magware has been that great back then, and the articles will be stone old. And every plugin in the CM studio you can find on any of todays issues.

You cannot buy digital versions - they do not exist. I understood that the digital versions (on Zinio) started in late 2009. Issues 16-21 would be from about 1999-2000.

And I'm surprised to hear that the content is in the CM Vault.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I figured out that those magazines are not so old, and that they're some Computer Music Special "Ultimate guides" (for ex. no 17 should be The Ultimate Guide to Ableton Live). However, its all very muddy - I still don't know the year, the issue numbers are a mess, then, where to look for these, and so on... If anybody from CM is reading this, it would be nice to give us some explanation.

Inspired by ...

Thanks DarkStar, I'll check this out.

i tried CM 60, 61 and 62 without succes, it should be CM special

carrieres wrote:i tried CM 60, 61 and 62 without succes, it should be CM special
Yes, CM Special. But this mess about the numbers still stands. As I already wrote - they are some kind of "Ultimate guides". I'm not sure if DarkStar's findings are exactly those numbers (no such info within the known links...) Again, someone from CM should clarify this.

^^^
http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/m ... ck-issues/

And #62 is "Home Recording", I believe

There are three series of cm magazines:
-- the 'monthly' Computer Music, actually 13 issues a year.
-- the every-2-months? Computer Music Specials
-- the occasional Ultimate Guide, often collections of articles from the other 2 series, gathered together.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/m ... ck-issues/

And #62 is "Home Recording", I believe

There are three series of cm magazines:
-- the occasional Ultimate Guide, often collections of articles from the other 2 series, gathered together.
Three series... That makes this question tricky.

bob bobwood wrote:EDIT: Looks like I was wrong !
What do you mean? Is there stuff exclusive to the vault? I haven't bothered even trying it yet.

My oldest issue is 17 which is from March of 2000. It was about how to be a "Net Music Star."

DarkStar wrote:There are three series of cm magazines:
This is correct.

Issues 16-23 on Vault are for Ultimate Guides
Issues 60-62 are for CM Specials
Issues 182 onwards are for the regular CM monthly issues

bob bobwood wrote:
zorniko wrote:The digital content vault for Computer Music supports issues 16, 17, 20, 21 and 23. Which magazines are those? Are they sold anywhere as digital editions?
They are old issues from about 12 or 13 years ago, if you have the magazine you can access the vault. So if you can track down a copy of the old mags (which were never digitized), you can access the vault.
This is incorrect - these numbers on Vault are for Ultimate Guide content.

Return to “Instruments”