One-Synth-Challenge 57: Tunefish - Chat & Gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tunefish 3

payne_bc wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen...

clicking no more :) I am pretty sure I got that evil son of a bug now. It's the filters. Not necessary the highpass, but any filter.
When a note is ending, typically effects keep processing until they do not produce any output themselves. Otherwise we'd just cut a delay or a reverb right in the middle and we'd get silence at once. Do you see where this is going? ;)

Of course I wasn't as clever with the filters cause they do not exactly produce much output after the generators stop producing sound. But beeing IIR filters, they DO have feedback, albeit a very short one. Enough to produce nasty clicks.

Here's the remedy:

http://www.tunefish-synth.com/beta16/vst24_tf3_x64.zip
http://www.tunefish-synth.com/beta16/vst24_tf3_x86.zip

And don't be afraid to tell me you still have clicks somewhere. I might go cry a little in the corner of my room but that is okay... I'll recover!

EDIT: oops, packaging mistake. If you loaded it before I edited, load them again ;)
thanks a lot but will my project sound the same? :)

Caine123 wrote:

clicking no more :) I am pretty sure I got that evil son of a bug now. It's the filters. Not necessary the highpass, but any filter.
When a note is ending, typically effects keep processing until they do not produce any output themselves. Otherwise we'd just cut a delay or a reverb right in the middle and we'd get silence at once. Do you see where this is going? ;)

Of course I wasn't as clever with the filters cause they do not exactly produce much output after the generators stop producing sound. But beeing IIR filters, they DO have feedback, albeit a very short one. Enough to produce nasty clicks.

Here's the remedy:

And don't be afraid to tell me you still have clicks somewhere. I might go cry a little in the corner of my room but that is okay... I'll recover!

EDIT: oops, packaging mistake. If you loaded it before I edited, load them again ;)
Maybe ... beta 15 f.i. broke all compatibility on my project, and all my used patches sounded the same. :-o so I went back to beta14.

Just tested beta16 and it also breaks compatibility.

I'm using FLStudio 10 ! :cry:

Yeager wrote:Maybe ... beta 15 f.i. broke all compatibility on my project, and all my used patches sounded the same. :-o so I went back to beta14.

Just a reminder to overwrite the dll, not the presets (tf3Programs) folder!! :-o

Yeager wrote:
Caine123 wrote:

Here's the remedy:

Maybe ... beta 15 f.i. broke all compatibility on my project, and all my used patches sounded the same. :-o so I went back to beta14.

oh i have fl studio 11, i guess i will stick for this project to my current beta version before i f**k it up :shock:

@payne_bc

Beta16 sounding great here :) This update really opens up TuneFish V3 IMHO as it removes all the "no-go zones" that existed previously when layering filters and effects.

From a sound designing perspective it feels a lot more robust now, especially when pushing things to more extreme settings.

Well done :D

(Tested 32-bit at 96kHz)

H-man wrote:
Yeager wrote:Maybe ... beta 15 f.i. broke all compatibility on my project, and all my used patches sounded the same. :-o so I went back to beta14.

Just a reminder to overwrite the dll, not the presets (tf3Programs) folder!! :-o
I didn't overwrite the presets, FLStudio just didn't change the settings to what they should be so all the Tunefishes I used had the same (default?) setting.

It sounded lovely, but not what I wanted... 8)

It started after the pitchbend was implemented , I would like to test a version of beta16 without the pitchbend implementation if that is possible ?

UPDATE: I removed the check mark from the wrapper in FLStudio "Allow program editing" and now all is well and I'm enjoying a clickfree beta16 hooray ! :love:

Yeager wrote:
H-man wrote:

I didn't overwrite the presets, FLStudio just didn't change the settings to what they should be so all the Tunefishes I used had the same (default?) setting.

It sounded lovely, but not what I wanted... 8)

It started after the pitchbend was implemented , I would like to test a version of beta16 without the pitchbend implementation if that is possible ?

UPDATE: I removed the check mark from the wrapper in FLStudio "Allow program editing" and now all is well and I'm enjoying a clickfree beta16 hooray ! :love:
Nice one :tu: Glad you sorted it out, Beta16 is worth it.

I have a copy of FL Studio but I'm one of those that just never got their head around the whole Pattern/Blocks/Clips thing :roll:

I have made some awesome eight-bar loops tho :lol:

Tunefish 3 CPU optimization is highly impressive.

Stress Tested with 400+ instances in Cubase, and pressing 6 notes per chord!! Didn't max out CPU, and about 1.7GB of ram

bjporter wrote:Tunefish 3 CPU optimization is highly impressive.

Stress Tested with 400+ instances in Cubase, and pressing 6 notes per chord!! Didn't max out CPU, and about 1.7GB of ram
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And did you "see god man...".

Btw. how many people here usually use a mac? I am thinking of porting Tunefish3/4 over to audio unit on mac. Ideally I would love to try out the Juce library for that cause it makes that much easier. But before I consider that I'd love to know how the demand for that would be.

????? sorry but the dll is named different and FL Studio cannot find the plugin of course then...

i renamed the NEW beta dll in the old one and FL Studio found the instances but the sounds sound totally different nor are they affected by my automation clips anymore....

too bad, i guess imma stick to the old version and have the clicks, or can someone help maybe? :(

Caine123 wrote:????? sorry but the dll is named different and FL Studio cannot find the plugin of course then...

i renamed the NEW beta dll in the old one and FL Studio found the instances but the sounds sound totally different nor are they affected by my automation clips anymore....

too bad, i guess imma stick to the old version and have the clicks, or can someone help maybe? :(
What? The name is vst_tf3.dll and has been for all the betas now. Did you switch now directly from the download on the webpage (3.1 RC) to this? I believe that one was called tfvst3.dll

payne_bc wrote:
Caine123 wrote:????? sorry but the dll is named different and FL Studio cannot find the plugin of course then...

What? The name is vst_tf3.dll and has been for all the betas now. Did you switch now directly from the download on the webpage (3.1 RC) to this? I believe that one was called tfvst3.dll
ouch true, i thought that was also the beta ;), ok so is there a way to fix this?
when i rename fl studio finds the instances but sadly the sounds sound different.

Caine123 wrote: ouch true, i thought that was also the beta ;), ok so is there a way to fix this?
when i rename fl studio finds the instances but sadly the sounds sound different.
I'm afraid not :( The different sound comes from bugs that were fixed. If you do not want to adjust your instruments, you should probably stay with the old version.

payne_bc wrote:
Caine123 wrote: ouch true, i thought that was also the beta ;), ok so is there a way to fix this?
I'm afraid not :( The different sound comes from bugs that were fixed. If you do not want to adjust your instruments, you should probably stay with the old version.
ouch :( well it's only 1 snare which clicks for me so i need to check if i can replace it with the new version somehow.

Return to “Instruments”