Short before the release.

Greets

Andre'
TubeOhm
REAL SOUND

Great demonstration.

I particularly liked that brassy sound starting at 12:40

Isn't there a thread on that already?
The user interface looks interesting, unusual. Which color will the final skin have? I like the dark gray one best, the white one is also nice.

(Please work on your th! Sorry to say this but you confirm the worst stereotypes about Germans speaking English :D Aren't English classes mandatory at German schools? My schooldays were decades ago, but I remember that the th was one of the first things we learned.)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Isn't there a thread on that already?
The user interface looks interesting, unusual. Which color will the final skin have? I like the dark gray one best, the white one is also nice.

(Please work on your th! Sorry to say this but you confirm the worst stereotypes about Germans speaking English :D Aren't English classes mandatory at German schools? My schooldays were decades ago, but I remember that the th was one of the first things we learned.)
Hi, you can select in the gui the color you want. It is your Choice if it is white,orange or black.
English: i do my best , but i am a little bit out of training. Hopefully all understand what i mean,
But i think the sound from the synth is more intresting than my english.

Greets
To
REAL SOUND

tube wrote: But i think the sound from the synth is more intresting than my english.

Greets
To
+10

Here is a song that I made only with 8 instances of Phasewave and Groove Agent3:
http://soundcloud.com/musikus/new-ways

Hope you like it. :-)
Last edited by Gucky on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:(Please work on your th! Sorry to say this but you confirm the worst stereotypes about Germans speaking English :D Aren't English classes mandatory at German schools?
I think the big problem is that you get non-natives teaching non-natives, so the problems get passed on from generation to generation. If the teacher doesn't know how to pronounce "th" correctly, how will the students pick it up?

Another big issue for German speakers is that they switch 'v' and 'w' in English (so they'll say "rewolution" in English, despite the German word "Revolution" having almost the same pronunciation as the correct English pronunciation).

Other frequent problems are confusion about how to pronounce different vowel sounds. Essentially, 'e' and a' get conflated to one sound, 'o' becomes 'a' and you get various other mispronunciations.

This obviously applies to English speakers as well, just the other way round. English has no "u" sound like you in French, the German umlaut or Scandinavian "y". So English speakers say "oo" instead = e.g. "dayja voo" for "deja vu", or weird things like "fyoorer" when trying to say "Führer" (where they get the 'fy' sound as in fjord comes from I have no idea). Similarly the English 'r' is very weak and rolling the 'r' is very difficult for English native speakers.

----

In my experience, you just need to tell people they simply need to lisp when pronouncing the 'th' sound in English, and it takes them 5-15 minutes to get it right. But if you don't tell them and the teacher can't pronounce it themselves, it's hardly surprising that no one can pronounce it right.

pdxindy wrote:
tube wrote: But i think the sound from the synth is more intresting than my english.

Greets
To
+10
his english is much better than my seventh /eighth grade German.

Of course I understand him :) I just couldn't help noticing the th thingy. No offense...

Anyway, back to topic, various skins, cool :)

I never had such a phase synth, what kinds of sounds is it good for? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Judging from the audio files it doesn't really sound special in a striking way...

hey fluffy, ich denke sein englisch ist weitaus besser als dein deutsch. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:hey fluffy, ich denke sein englisch ist weitaus besser als dein deutsch. :hihi:
Warum, wos stimdn mib meim Deitsch neda? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
murnau wrote:hey fluffy, ich denke sein englisch ist weitaus besser als dein deutsch. :hihi:
It's Rosenheimerisch... :help:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
It's Rosenheimerisch... :help:

:lol:

na denn.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Zee synthesizer sounds pretty nice.Zis instrument will be mein! I froi mi. :hihi:

Reminded me of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4mLMYf1hTM

To be serious now: it does sound very nice. Any facts on pricing? How far away is coming soon? Nice christmas present? I dig the ambient sounds. :)
Last edited by TheKid on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”