PHASEWAVE new PD synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phasewave

Karmacomposer wrote:I own a few TubeOhm synths and love every one of them. I have every intention of buying it shortly. Demo sounds great!

Mike
+1

Ditto. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Phasewave Mono is included on the cover disc of the new issue of Beat magazine (Jan 2014 issue).

Just requested my serials from the Beat Serial Center, looking forward to getting the mag in the mail :)

Not quite sure why some people say that the PD sound from the old CZ synths (or in general) sounds steril or cold.

I think one reason is that those synths don't come with a filter and people are so used to filters that they often forget (or even don't know) how to work without one.

Dang, I have heard some PD basses and Pads that put some other classic synths with some real analog oscillators and filters to shame.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Numanoid wrote:Phasewave Mono is included on the cover disc of the new issue of Beat magazine (Jan 2014 issue).

Just requested my serials from the Beat Serial Center, looking forward to getting the mag in the mail :)
I'm curious (since I don't speak German and can't make to much out of the online translators either): how does this code system works - exactly? Is it a code for being able to open the archives on the DVD, or is it the actual serial to unlock/register the plugin? I can't wrap my head around Beatdrive, Serial Center and the Zampler website...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Phasewave Mono is included on the cover disc of the new issue of Beat magazine (Jan 2014 issue).

I'm curious (since I don't speak German and can't make to much out of the online translators either): how does this code system works - exactly? Is it a code for being able to open the archives on the DVD, or is it the actual serial to unlock/register the plugin? I can't wrap my head around Beatdrive, Serial Center and the Zampler website...
IIRC you need both: the archives from the DVD & the serial from the Beatdrive to open it. That's how it worked in the past.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Just as I thought :) Thanks for the info ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Halma wrote:Not quite sure why some people say that the PD sound from the old CZ synths (or in general) sounds steril or cold.

I think one reason is that those synths don't come with a filter and people are so used to filters that they often forget (or even don't know) how to work without one.

Dang, I have heard some PD basses and Pads that put some other classic synths with some real analog oscillators and filters to shame.

Regards
Sebastian
Sterile I can understand, to an extent (referencing the CZ implementation of PD). The lack of modulation options make it hard to create lively sounds with lots of movement. To describe CZs as cold sounding is just bonkers though. They generate more chunky thump than any of yr cheap analogues. The solidest bass. In fact I find the dense lower midrange makes them totally overwhelming for pad sounds-they could really have benefited from notch/bandpass filters.

Which points neatly to Phasewave. That's what we are here to talk about, right? I have tried the free, mono version linked earlier in the thread and it is a REALLY nice sounding synth. Looks great as well. It's a shame that the esoteric, hidden functions of PD aren't presented to the user as an option. That is something I would like to dig in to and would make me more likely to buy. The sound design is also offputtingly trance-centric to my ears. It's not that the presets are bad just that they aren't sounds I would use. Minor quibbles though. It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into making a coherent, well presented instrument and it deserves to be a success.

Isn't the mono version available any more, only in the Beat Magazine? :help:

theodore_whitmore wrote:
Halma wrote:Not quite sure why some people say that the PD sound from the old CZ synths (or in general) sounds steril or cold.

Regards
Sebastian
Sterile I can understand, to an extent (referencing the CZ implementation of PD). The lack of modulation options make it hard to create lively sounds with lots of movement. To describe CZs as cold sounding is just bonkers though. They generate more chunky thump than any of yr cheap analogues. The solidest bass. In fact I find the dense lower midrange makes them totally overwhelming for pad sounds-they could really have benefited from notch/bandpass filters.

Which points neatly to Phasewave. That's what we are here to talk about, right? I have tried the free, mono version linked earlier in the thread and it is a REALLY nice sounding synth. Looks great as well. It's a shame that the esoteric, hidden functions of PD aren't presented to the user as an option. That is something I would like to dig in to and would make me more likely to buy. The sound design is also offputtingly trance-centric to my ears. It's not that the presets are bad just that they aren't sounds I would use. Minor quibbles though. It is obvious that a lot of work has gone into making a coherent, well presented instrument and it deserves to be a success.
Can you talk more about the hidden functions. I plan next an update and maybe i build it in. Where i can find more information about this ?
Than, second, in Fact everybody can do his personally sound on a synth. I have a special art to prog it and i think you to. Equal what synth it is.
I like more ambient sounds, strings, organs and some sounds that change in a subtile way.
But more electronic style sounds for Phasewave you will find here:
http://trancetechnosoundbanks.com/index ... ack-detail.
I build here a new Bank for Phasewave also.
Tipp, feel free to test the poly demo. This makes more fun.
Greets

To
REAL SOUND

Tricky-Loops wrote:Isn't the mono version available any more, only in the Beat Magazine? :help:
January in the Keys Magazine DVD and on a Delamar workshop.
Greets
REAL SOUND

Got Beat in the mail earlier this week.

Quite impressed with PW Mono, for a arp/seq freak like me, this one comes packed not just with one, but two great ones :tu:

It is also quite light on the CPU, and the DWC's are responsive like I like them.

is there a way to get the mono demo for those of us who don't subscribe to German magazines?

Hi, yes, i will set the Mono-Phasewave 4Free next on the website.
Greets

To
REAL SOUND

Looks like it already been released http://tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/Phasewave.html

Sounds pretty average- nothing outstanding. Need more distortion for the dub step styles :)

As of English... I am in the United States for over 15 years and never mastered "th". I would sujest to replace it with "da" or "za" - would make it sound hipe. :)

Lots to like with this synth. Looking forward to additional patch banks when they become available. I wonder if a patch generator similar to the random synth function in Tube Ohm's Vintage Synth could be added in an update. Been having a blast easily generating new patches on this vst. Both have very interesting patches and potential.
I know these things are all unique and a matter of musical taste but I got to say a lot of people may be missing out on a great synth with Vintage. I like Phasewave too but haven't got into enough depth yet.

Return to “Instruments”