What instruments have you purchased during this period and in 2013?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

15u of doepfer
You start at A finish at B and everything else in-between is what you make it .......... that's life and music

I hate this time of year!

Well, there goes retirement.....gotta work another year now. :x

DL'ing Sonokinetic's orchestral bundle as I write.....

I hate this time of year! :hihi:

Happy Thanksgiving every body :)

Happy Musiking!
dsan

filtafreq wrote:15u of doepfer
I wouldn't mind.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Nothing! Im pretty content actually, I decided to now not spend any money at all during this time.
:borg:

purchased : only the upgrade to UltraAnalog - in spite of all the criticism of the GUI, I love it. Sounds fatter than V.1 and the efx are much improved

won (in the KVR contest) : Alchemy - I have been coveting this monster for a couple of years now & am just scratching the surface of it's capabilities . . .

prolly not gonna get any new instruments in '14 as I'm pretty contented here. May be add another verb or delay. Could use a quality de-esser, as well

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

reaches all parts that plugin's just can not reach ! [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]
You start at A finish at B and everything else in-between is what you make it .......... that's life and music

Aloysius wrote:A Banjo. It sounded awesome when I threw it under the wheels of a passing car. I think the same playing technique could be applied equally well to a set of bagpipes.
It is rather an expensive way to play! But it is not impossible to be in fashion one day when we can't find a new source for sounds. It would be expensive Set of samples though!

---------------------------------
filtafreq wrote:reaches all parts that plugin's just can not reach ! [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]
Speechless! :o

----------------------------------

I have just purchased my final item in this period (because Finito! no more money in my account, well I still have maybe $10!)

I have bought:
1. Fxpansion Geist
2. NI Monark
3. Fxpansion DCAM

I have cancelled upgrading my S1 Producer to Proffesional, and buying Reaktor and/or Absynth/Massive. I also cancelled Tremor (due to lack of money :( )

I feel I have a good setup now. Geist is very flexible, but I was disappointed that I can't drag and drop the audio that came with S1 :x I think it is because all wrapped in a file of their format. It's S1 restriction though, because I can easily drag and drop any midi/audio file from my samples.
Digging it more, I realized it has enough variety of kits and loops, but I found very few midi files (luckily I have bought the electronic pack from Groove Monkee). It is a great buy. I'm very happy for having Geist. It has tons of options, and it is much more than I thought with great cpu usage and workflow.

NI Monark is fantastic and cpu usage is average 10% to 20% on my laptop. I don't need to talk about the sound. It has a very analog feel, and in general great synth.

What sold me on DCAM is the tutorial videos about it. The modulation and design just clicked with me before I try it! I downloaded the demo few days ago. Two days were enough for me to decide. Yesterday I couldn't access JRR Shop, so I did it the first thing when I woke up in the morning :D
It has a great sound, very flexible with 3 synths that can be combined in one monster combinator like. I think it will replace many synths.

I realized that whatever synth I have, I can make it shine if I can understand the sound and how to put it in context with others (in a mix). This is different from just demoing a synth and hearing the presets by their own one by one. So, experience is essential to make a great use of what we have :-)

Let's enjoy what we have bought :D

Scored an Eigenharp Pico (open box) for $280 australian. Latest version software.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

What synths did I buy this year? None. Already have enough. My software purchases were in other departments, like effects and piano/drum libraries.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

I just got LuSH, which has received a major update, utilizing multi-core and a bigger UI. No more squinting at the screen, no more snap crackle pop when playing big huge unison patches... I was finally able to demo it and give it a real shot. It's nothing short of fantastic... goes way beyond a 101 (I got TAL Bassline in the meantime, so that's covered) while still keeping that special sound (like it or not... I do). Great-sounding effects, so many wonderful timbres to be had from what still is a pretty simple architecture compared to some semi-modulars.

I'm at a point where the question "do I need another synth?" doesn't make sense any more. I've accepted that I've grown to appreciate the little differences between these instruments - sometimes, that's all they are - little, barely noticeable, whatever - but they make a difference to me and my music making. So my tracks will have Diva, Synth Squad, Bassline, FM8, Massive, Diversion, Cyclop, Synplant... and now LuSH sitting comfortably side by side.

That's going to be it for this season, aside from the odd 30 $ plugin - unless there's some spectacular sale on a good strings/orchestral library.

Hey, I could your guys experience here. I've been only using Ableton Standard for about 6-7 months. I have 600 spending money I saved for this Black Friday. I plan on getting on a midi keyboard + one synth. Any suggestions on which would be a good first synth to get? I was thinking Massive with the 50% off or Diva. Everyone is telling me to get monitors, but I really want more sounds to play with than analog. Thanks!

Casio XW-P1. That is all.

vublue wrote:Hey, I could your guys experience here. I've been only using Ableton Standard for about 6-7 months. I have 600 spending money I saved for this Black Friday. I plan on getting on a midi keyboard + one synth. Any suggestions on which would be a good first synth to get? I was thinking Massive with the 50% off or Diva. Everyone is telling me to get monitors, but I really want more sounds to play with than analog. Thanks!
Right now, for the deal in that budget, the AAS Super Bundle. Since the Super bundle is 249.00 AAS would be the better start so you can get some decent monitors and a midi-input device too.

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/model ... /overview/

Add Alchemy Player Free:

http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.

Then you have a full band with 64/32bit use.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

I made a decision that I was going to let Black Friday pass this year, after all, I bought a lot of stuff in the auction, plus I've bought a bunch of other stuff in the past couple of months. I just bought a M-Audio Keystation 49es with Sonivox Eighty-eight Ensemble 2. I bought the Melda Productions Creative Bundle earlier this month. Last month I bought Rob Papen's Blue and upgraded my AAS Ultra-Analog.

With all these purchases and the shape of my finances, I made a firm decision that I was going to sit out Black Friday. Then I made a deal with myself. The only exception I was going to make was if NI offered the Komplete crossgrade for 50% off. After all, what were the chances?

Then tonight, I get on my computer after a wonderful turkey dinner and start paging though my friends' Thanksgiving pictures on Facebook, and there it is. NI's Komplete crossgrade for 50% off. Not 30%. Not 40%. Nope, the exact deal I had made with myself and there it was right in front of me. Damn. It has now been ordered, and I am officially done.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

TAL-U-No-LX V2
DiscoDSP Phantom
DiscoDSP Discovery Pro 6.1
Tone2 Bifilter (Giveaway)
Tone2 Firebird 1.3 (Giveaway)
adam szabo jp6k 1.1
aly james lab fmdrive
toontrack ezmix2 lite (giveaway)
toontrack ezdrummer lite (giveaway)
zero-g nostalgia [kontakt libraries which work inside directwave]
vazsynths vazplus
xils lab xils 2 be (giveaway)
xhun audio little one with free soundbank bigsteps
Wusikstation V6 (i know i bought last year at this time but never got it working till this month of 2013)
audio damage adverb
arturia minimoog v original (giveaway)
Synapse Audio DUNE BE
discodsp nightshade
discodsp highlife demo
cakewalk rapture
cakewalk dimension pro
cakewalk session drummer 2
cakewalk studio instruments
audioxygen gemini 2.0
cableguys curve-be
waldorf ppgwave 2v - nineteen eighty four bank
refx vanguard 1.8
rob papen BLUE v1.9
Ohmstudio 1.0
madrona aalto beat edition
and updates for free synths.

all these are not in order and the giveaways count as paid for plugins.

Return to “Instruments”