What instruments have you purchased during this period and in 2013?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing. Nothing has tempted me this season for some reason.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Cuauhtli wrote:Nothing. Nothing has tempted me this season for some reason.
Heheh, More than a few things have tempted me with their 'come on' discounts, but so far, not one of them has been the same deal for what I was looking for from them.

... I may get through this completely unscathed... (But there's time since some are assuring the deal price won't be announced until tomorrow.)

Upgraded NI Komplete 8 => 9, and also got DSF Proteus pack for kontakt (had a few for Dimension but moving in that direction).

The other stuff I'm on the fence about is AAS pro pack (have three pro (and two session) already) so quite cheap but might not get as much "leverage" from it), Notion 4 (mainly on the fence because I have very limited use of it and I'm a bit unsure on their cp) and possibly I'll add an XLN ADPAK in the crazyness.
Last edited by beltrom on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am literally paralyzed at all the choices. If only everything was this price year round... Some pretty cool stuff I've been eyeballing for a while, and it's all on sale. :help:

So far Waves has me with their free ren bass. But I'm not after anything else they have. I'm covered well with effects.

NI got me with their Razor temptation. And I absolutely love the thing.

NI might just get me with Komplete 9... we'll see.

Severely SEVERELY tempted by Ableton. I foolishly tried Live 9 lite - a year after I got a Novation SL 61 Mk II, and found it a complete joy. I'm hooked. Sweet lord it's fast and smooth, and... somehow it works well with my slowly dementing brain.

I love this stuff. If I were rich I'd be demoing synths and sample libraries all day. And that would be so fun.

It's been The Year of Hardware! Apart from Live 9 it's mainly been hardware boxes.

Kawai XD-5, Waldorf RackAttack + a Eurorack setup are among the most interesting stuff apart from all samplers I bought. I even found an Atari ST with a Replay 16 cartridge :)

I'm not sure if I bought any instrument plugins this year. But I am severely tempted to re-buy Olga. What a crazy synth that is.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:It's been The Year of Hardware! Apart from Live 9 it's mainly been hardware boxes.

Kawai XD-5, Waldorf RackAttack + a Eurorack setup are among the most interesting stuff apart from all samplers I bought. I even found an Atari ST with a Replay 16 cartridge :)

I'm not sure if I bought any instrument plugins this year. But I am severely tempted to re-buy Olga. What a crazy synth that is.

/C
Nice Atari!

Anyway, waiting on the NI sale paid off. Drumlab, the upgrade to Battery 4 sorted. Then I relented and bought the NI/Softube Solid Bus Comp, as for €49 it's half the price of the Glue. A little parallel compression goes a long way in the sort of music I write!

With Battery at 4 (and I'm a battery user since v1, I have many monolithic user-created kits over the years) I don't feel the need to upgrade from K8 to K9. I have much of the extra stuff anyway courtesy of last year's sale!
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

beltrom wrote: ...
The other stuff I'm on the fence about is AAS pro pack
No fence anymore, ended up getting it. But that was my last one for this event.

Three SonicCouture soundsets, one AAS soundset and Cinesamples Blue Piano...

Trying to keep it to only the deals running 50% off.
(although the Blue piano was only 40% off).

i got hardware also a akai s1000pb, roland s-550, roland s-330, peavey sp/sx and maudio 4x4 midi interface, miniman 1x4 thrubox, roland gm70 guitar synthesizer which i will sell, yamaha tx7, yamaha tx81z (now i have two) and a teac tape-deck, now i have this

roland jv1080, boss dr220e, yamaha rx5, kenwood tape deck, teac tape deck, yamaha tx7, yamaha tx81z, roland s-550, s-330, peavey sp/sx, akai s1000pb, digitech vocal300, boss ds1, dd-4, digitech df7, boss mt2, dod corrosion, midiman 1x4 thrubox, m-audio 4x4 midi interface, flstudio 10, drummix metal1 vst, tone2 firebird 1.3, bifilter2, u-he podolski, ect. i got quite a bit here to play with for 2014 but i still play guitar and have to make time for that, bc rich warlock and quest stratocaster, silvertone bass guitar, plugnmix retro compressor, waves renaissance bass plugin, ect. i also bought a ebay bundle of vst but sure enough it was full of illegal software but it had a lot of freeware mixed in with cracks so i will not use them except it had !J developement ninja on the 4 disc compilation so i use this also, i hate cracked software i like to own my software, the ebay link said they were all free vst's and when it came it was half freeware and half illegal, but i won waldorf edition in an auction for a toronto music store i won it for 19.95 CAD, i also have gotten some instruments lying around a clarinette which i will sample and i also play tenor saxophone and have guitar pro 6 which i got for 50 dollars at the music store across the street, i have steinberg cubase 4 essentials but i don't like it that much, its good for hardware but for vst plugins i use flstudio which i traded a guitar for at the music shop across the street.

syntheticillusion wrote:i hate cracked software i like to own my software
+1 :tu:

Komplete Crossgrade from Reaktor.

Today I bought Alchemy with the Dream Voices soundset. :party:

syntheticillusion wrote:peavey sp/sx
Oooh.... I once knew a guy who had one of those. He was pretty obsessed with it. You like it?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

This year, two purchases.

M-Audio Venom

Arturia MiniBrute

Both are great.

DrGonzo wrote:
syntheticillusion wrote:peavey sp/sx
Oooh.... I once knew a guy who had one of those. He was pretty obsessed with it.
What is that really, a sampler or a monitor, or both?

Return to “Instruments”