Sonic Academy Kick v2 Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kick - Nicky Romero Artist Edition Kick 2

Hi. How can i open my Kick1 presets in Kick2?
I tried copying my kick1 clicks and presets manually to the kcik2 User folders, but they won't open.

they said they are going to provide a converter. Not sure when though..hopefully soon.

Suloo wrote:they said they are going to provide a converter. Not sure when though..hopefully soon.
Thanks. I hope that they'll indeed release that tool soon.
I didn't know this before updating, my intentions were to tweak some earlier made kicks in the much more evolved kick2. Patience for now, i guess.

I really like kick2.

zeep wrote:
Suloo wrote:they said they are going to provide a converter. Not sure when though..hopefully soon.
I didn't know this before updating, my intentions were to tweak some earlier made kicks in the much more evolved kick2. Patience for now, i guess.

I really like kick2.
We've an alpha version for now if you want to try it

http://forums.sonicacademy.com/t/is-it- ... yan_spence

bryansonic wrote:
zeep wrote:

I really like kick2.

Hi Bryan.
In the forum it says the alpha is for "Mac only". Is that true or is it cross platform?

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Awesome, works great! thx ;)

ATN69 wrote:
bryansonic wrote:
zeep wrote:

I really like kick2.

Hi Bryan.
In the forum it says the alpha is for "Mac only". Is that true or is it cross platform?

Cheers!

Yes thats true it's mac only.

PM me your presets in the SA forum and ill convert for you if you need

Thanks for the confirmation. I still have both Kick 1 and 2 installed so its not any urgent urgency for me. I hope though you will release a converter for Windows as well later.

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Thanks for the tool. I'll give it a go on my macbook.
One more question, since i'm copying my presets over from the pc, do the presets have to be in a certain location on the mac?

zeep wrote:Thanks for the tool. I'll give it a go on my macbook.
One more question, since i'm copying my presets over from the pc, do the presets have to be in a certain location on the mac?
once you convert them they go

HD > Library > Application Support > Sonic Academy > KICK 2 > Presets > User > Sub Folder > Preset.preset

Thanks for the quick help bryansonic!

Now that I finally have a fully working KICK 2-plugin (thank you Bryan) I must say this is a genius creation in every sense. A lot easier to get the sound I am looking for compared to KICK 1, mainly due to the constantly updating output waveform in the background as well as increased distortion possibilities. And the preset library is much smoother. Highly highly recommended.

How does this compare to d16's punchbox?

Since KICK 2 uses freely adjustable envelope curves (you can create your own preset curves btw) you have a lot more control over the sound of the kick drum (+ a better distortion algorithm), compared to PunchBox. I have demo´d PunchBox and I like the 909 kick drums you can create and it has some useful samples (but most of them are unusable) but other than that it feels a bit limited. It´s synthesis engine is nowhere near as flexible as KICK 2. KICK 2 is a lot more fun to use and it just sounds more punchy and more powerful than PunchBox.

Ohlson_M wrote:Since KICK 2 uses freely adjustable envelope curves (you can create your own preset curves btw) you have a lot more control over the sound of the kick drum (+ a better distortion algorithm), compared to PunchBox. I have demo´d PunchBox and I like the 909 kick drums you can create and it has some useful samples (but most of them are unusable) but other than that it feels a bit limited. It´s synthesis engine is nowhere near as flexible as KICK 2. KICK 2 is a lot more fun to use and it just sounds more punchy and more powerful than PunchBox.

Thanks. I did enjoy kick2 when I demo'd it. Just wondered if there was something I was missing

Cheers :tu:

Return to “Instruments”