Betatesters wanted for Upcoming synth EuterpeXL!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fese, thanks for good remarks.
Having osc4-button to the left of osc 1-3 kind of does not make sense now when you mention it! Must agree on that one.
Moving the osc4-button to the right of the other osc's make stuff a little more grid-like, that is nice.
I agree on the spacing issues, it is one of those things that I improve a nudge a little here and there once in a while. It used to be worse on earlier versions.
Although I kind of agree that grouping effects together would make more sense I really don't want to move the oscilloscope to the side, that will stay more centered. It has been there since the start basically and was one of the very first main ideas before I had even written a single line of code for it! :)
Some stuff have knobs, other have sliders....well....not a single short good answer there to be honest. One reason is space where it fits to be honest, another is that having just knobs or just sliders looks so....boring for the lack of a better word.
Font and all caps... well, yeah it's a shame that font doesn't support lower case, I really like it with the old school futuristic look, but some lower case would be nice.

Skeuomorphism is the word so yes I think you got that right :) To be honest I've never really liked that kind of GUI myself.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

uploaded a 32 bit version for windows as well..
David Guda gudaaudio.com

beta 13 uploaded as VST and AU for mac.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Cool, will be checking this out this evening when I'm back in the studio!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

A couple of images on the current looks. Small changes indeed but still some.
I moved the osc4-button to the right, made the rounding of the corners less. Made some spacings a little better.

One image with "prima donna" colors and 3d-look with thin lines and another with classic blue and flat look.

http://gudaaudio.com/images/euterpeXL_1.png
http://gudaaudio.com/images/euterpeXL_2.png
David Guda gudaaudio.com

....and one with "dark and green" colors and flat look.
http://gudaaudio.com/images/euterpeXL_3.png
David Guda gudaaudio.com

A little bump, I still have room for a couple of windows users!
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I may be off topic (and please don't hate me for saying the following)...but... IMO the 3d-look GUI is off. First, I don't get why the knobs have that hexagon on top (that looks weird). Second, I would have not added a shadow to the background of the synth's (grey) modules 'cause it gives you the impression they're floating. I would have taken the edge and bevelled it and moved the grey background on a layer underneath, giving the impression that is dipped (carved) in. And I'd use a metal/plastic or neutral background instead of a leathelike texture. But hey, I may be completely off, after it's a very subjective topic, heh :) Good luck with your plugin ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:I may be off topic (and please don't hate me for saying the following)...but... IMO the 3d-look GUI is off. First, I don't get why the knobs have that hexagon on top (that looks weird). Second, I would have not added a shadow to the background of the synth's (grey) modules 'cause it gives you the impression they're floating. I would have taken the edge and bevelled it and moved the grey background on a layer underneath, giving the impression that is dipped (carved) in. And I'd use a metal/plastic or neutral background instead of a leathelike texture. But hey, I may be completely off, after it's a very subjective topic, heh :) Good luck with your plugin ;)
I like the 3D version. A lot. The hexagon looks cool as s**t in my opinion. :shrug:
Also, plastic/metal/neutral is very played-out. I like the look he has going. I hope there are more colors available for this version instead of just the red. Nice work, OP!
[Insert Signature Here]

hehe, impossible to please all! :) But that is also the reason I support some customization of the GUI.
I have 5 color schemes in total now to choose from but adding more is not a hard thing and I probably will.
B.t.w. I added the hexagon thingy in the knobs (in the 3d look) to make a more sense of "turning" the knobs when having a thin line instead of the pie-chart style knobs.
Having the group boxed "carved in" rather than on top could be an idea to perhaps try out in the future but it is something that would take quite some time to implement rather just a quick test. The GUI is b.t.w. all generated in code, no images, except for the textures that are layered almost translucent on top. That is how I am able in the first place to make the GUI customizable.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Hi, I just got login info, but I don't know where to log in... :? Using the login info on the download page (http://gudaaudio.com/downloadProduct.php) didn't work and I can't see any places to log in on gudaaudio.com..

just a sec.... doing some fiddling with the database at the moment... had some upgrades....and stuff :)
As soon as I figure out what I'm doing I'll let you know :)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

try now!
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Yup, there it is. Thanks! :party:

Wow, love the full on modulation of each single osc 4 point. :love:

Bunch of requests:

Can we have hertz too for those modulators please, perhaps with a choice between free running or retriggered or random starting phase if possible and practical?
Also some more sync options would be nice, triplets and dotted values etc?
I'd love a multiplication parameter for the sync values (so they could be more or less out of sync if we so wish but still move in a motion relative to the project tempo), though I see there could be issues both with potentially cramped GUI and confusion for some users. It's kind of what u-he does though. If there where such an option one modulated point could by way of the multiplication parameter be have a rate somewhat higher than the "properly" synced value and another somewhat lower to have them beat nicely against each other. Also all sync values anyone could possibly miss could be attained by way of multiplication. Let's say it could go from 0.5 to 4 with three or so decimals, if you'd consider.

I'd like to have more overdrive for the filter, I find the difference between zero and full on way to subtle. Perhaps a button or a right click option to extend the range?

I'd like to have all points for osc 4 be automatable, though I realize that might be CPU intenisve.

Unison for osc 4, pretty please?

I'd love a smooth random choice for modulation shapes for osc 4 points, also known as sample & glide.

A choice of regular detuning between unison voices and constant / absolute detuning would be nice.

What's the difference between the 4 types of decimation on the filter? 1 & 2 is obviously after the filter and 3 & 4 before but besides that?

Can we have an alternate bigger GUI where we can see osc 4 along with the others, please?

In 32-bit FL Studio 11.1 I get a click click when opening the filter (lowpass 12 db) after closing it all the way, though sometimes not if I move the knob down and up again in a sort of fluid motion (being quick to get it moving back up again). This doesn't happen in Reaper 4.71 or Orion 8.504. All DAWs use an Asio driver with the same buffer settings.

First attempt to open EuterpeXL in Reaper 4.71 (32-bit) crashed Reaper. Second attempt opened just fine though, no idea what was up with that. I accidentally clicked on the border of the GUI while it was opening when it crashed, could very well be a Reaper issue.

There's something that doesn't seem righ to me about the way the filter responds to the cutoff knob. A little less than the first 25 % of the knob opens it up way more than I'd want it to and in a steppy manner. I'd like a more subtle, gradual smooth opening. I looked in an analyzer (MMultiAnalyzer in Reaper) and I could see frequencies "popping" in like what I heard in steps instead of the nice fluid motion I'd like. Open it up more and by the time I've moved the knob halfway it seems to behave just fine. I offcourse had mod turned all the way down.

Automation and stuff in general seems to work fine in Orion 8.504, I'll try some more extreme modulation in all 3 DAWs later and see if I can break anything.

I have read to the entire thread to try and make sure I'm not repeating any issues or requests allready, sorry if I have.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, but so far running 32-bit versions of DAWs and plugin. I'll come back to you with my findings on Mac (if any) later.

Return to “Instruments”