One-Synth-Challenge 58: Spectral - Submissions and Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

Congratulations to the winners, they deserve it...!

by the way, I can't see the scoreboard on my mac using Safari? Isn't the side Safari compatible?

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:Congratulations to the winners, they deserve it...!

by the way, I can't see the scoreboard on my mac using Safari? Isn't the side Safari compatible?

Frank
Hey Xenox it's probably the embedding - try this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 00zLVNwS3c
Last edited by bjporter on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats ThePresent :party:

And thanks to all for commenting on soundcloud :love:

Congratulations to the winners. Good job.
RuediRena wrote:I know that music like this is not for everybody but this contest is about milking one synth to the max. This disturbing piece of music delivers! Listen to the vocal-like patches.

Have an open mind, friends. :)
Well, I understand what you are saying but I am afraid that everyone weighs the tracks with the same parameters. Someone in general OSC thread mentioned that if you cannot create a great track with the amazing sounds that you created with the synth then it's not gonna fly. I do agree with that statement. Everyone has a different perspective. In case of Spectral, I couldn't figure out whether the sounds were made by the author or it was part of the factory bank. How many presets are there 700+? I haven't gone through them all. If it was another synth with zero or handful of presets then it would been easy.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote: Well, I understand what you are saying but I am afraid that everyone weighs the tracks with the same parameters. Someone in general OSC thread mentioned that if you cannot create a great track with the amazing sounds that you created with the synth then it's not gonna fly. I do agree with that statement. Everyone has a different perspective. In case of Spectral, I couldn't figure out whether the sounds were made by the author or it was part of the factory bank. How many presets are there 700+? I haven't gone through them all. If it was another synth with zero or handful of presets then it would been easy.
Good point Satya... usually the only way I know something is from the author is by hearing the percussion. Sometimes you'll hear a powerful snare or kick that may have been layered, and is clearly not a preset.

congrats to the winners :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
imo the best entries certainly came to the top of the pile!

I'm impresssed with the variety of approaches, and the open minded voting.
The present produced a fully realised composition which sounds very professional, while cactoos produced a track which proves that sometimes a single instance is all that's needed (more would have spoiled it!) Kudos! There were examples of ambience, talking synths, moody landscapes, driving rhythms etc. etc. I'm really happy to have been involved once again in such an excellent compo :)
satYatunes wrote: I couldn't figure out whether the sounds were made by the author or it was part of the factory bank.
This is part of a discussion which will always continue in this forum. imho it should not matter. The best tunes involve a synergy between the sounds and composition and will transcend either. This will often involve careful sound selection from the presets and a certain amount of tweaking, and design from scratch. If it were only about sound design why not just create soundbanks and judge those?

cactoos_dahoo wrote:About prize - i'll go for sweet Spectral offered by LinPlug.
Harthstein, your turn to choose a prize..

RuediRena wrote:Congratulations to the winners! You deserve it.

But I also have to take up the cudgels for Abovethought's most astonishing track Relf Country Palas.
In my opinion it includes everything One Synth Challenge stands and should have ranked among the very few top tracks. Instead it is voted 33rd place of 35. I know that music like this is not for everybody but this contest is about milking one synth to the max. This disturbing piece of music delivers! Listen to the vocal-like patches.

Have an open mind, friends. :)
Indeed.. Good call. It's just very difficult to see past tastes when judging something, particularly with a 'left field' piece like this.

bjporter wrote:
ThePresent wrote:I choose the Synthmaster as prize. :party:
Lol :lol:

CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

and many thanks for getting me in the top 5, i didnt think it would be possible with all those great entries this contest!!!!!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

V'ger wrote:
cactoos_dahoo wrote:About prize - i'll go for sweet Spectral offered by LinPlug.
Harthstein, your turn to choose a prize..
Can i have Spectral please ? :hihi:
regards!

Noted and request already sent forgot to say..

To elaborate on my picture of a clapping guy: Great job everyone (also top 5), and specifically:

Harthstein, isn't this your first top 5 placement? If so congratulations brosephius! :)

Also a note about Caine123... his first OSC was last month, and he got top 5 again... a superstar here, nice job bro

This was my first time :oops: heh.

Ok it was really great and I am looking forward to expanding my horizons on the next go round. Well deserved winners, and to all- really a task taken and flipped inside out!

I moved a little away from presets, but only as needed. For Junglist, I will have to create my own.

Congratulations top-5-ers! Well done! :party:

December was a very spectral month with lots of really inspiring and at times, jaw-dropping tracks. I think you should all pat yourselves on the back and, as a reward, all take January off ....so I can win it :hihi:

Seriously tho, I'm pretty happy with the voting and really appreciate the diversity of the creations, this month in particular where entries covered the full-Spectr ....arghhh enough. Forget that pun. :roll:

Well done again to ThePresent, Jasinski, Cactoos, Harthstein and Caine123. Amazing work.

Return to “Instruments”