Will Cakewalk ever release a new version of Raputre?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Would you be interested in a Cakewalk update for Rapture.

Poll ended at Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 am

Yes, Rapture is unique and deserves the treatment.
79%
No, Rapture isn't worth it.
21%

Total votes: 58

RELATED
PRODUCTS

xx JPRacer xx wrote:What happen to Rene? Still in the business?
Nope.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ren%C3%A9-c ... 42/b49/a50
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh Raputre .....

They probably should have named it Rapture :wink:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I probably don't use it enough to have found things I needed updated. It is a synth I treat more as a player since I haven't programmed a single thing on it myself.

It is however, my favorite synth of the Sonar big three. Even more so than Z3ta. Most likely since the sounds available for it haven't been pushed into the 'inyourfacebleedyourears' type you find so often with Z3ta. And I find none of the problems that Dimension comes up with that makes Dimension almost abandonware. Dimension is the one that obviously needs further updates.

But I'm interested in what others feel that Rapture needs?
My main problems with the browser has more to do with me not sitting down and streamlining the soundsets for my personal use. Of course, I'm on PC so it has been rock solid with no crashes also. I really don't have any complaints about the synth itself, although the CW store could do with a good update or two.

Been watching for two sets to go on sale for months and it seems they plan on never dropping the price on those two...
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

I felt Rapture was kinda the successor to Z3ta, so Z3ta 2 completes that evolution? :shrug: Might be totally off though.

BBFG# wrote:Dimension is the one that obviously needs further updates.
+1

Actually, studio instruments need it the most. they stopped working in snow leopard even :hihi:

For the price, the ensemble string for pop pads, is very usable. It's a shame i haven't been able to use it for 3 years :lol:

Dimension needs one badly of course, especially in it's browser, and especially mac related fixes and i believe some people had issues with the 64 bit on windows, in er, sonar? :?

That's what irks me with Cake, once they stop updating a product, they stop and that's it. And they sell it for ever. it's not a great policy.

By the way, i can't help saying this, maybe it's just the factory presets, but i never really thought rapture sounded that special personally... i think zeta is better

I think Rapture and Z3ta have been purposely programmed for two different niche markets. Although they do have their own character when you find a similar patch between them. And the factory sounds of both seem to do them more injustice in making the worst first impressions.

Both are solid machines and Rapture may be a bit better in a smoother way while Z3ta has the power to cut through a mix without sticking out like a canker sore once it has better programs in it. As they ship though, Rapture is almost boring and Z3ta is nothing but a noise box (a bad noisebox similar to rude body functions). The DSF, Xenos and Muz3m sets pulls them out of the toilet IMO and makes them better go-to machines. Although neither of them are my first go to, both of them can often be the very thing that fills the last tracks perfectly.

Interesting to note that Rapture is being given away free with the next issue of Computer Music mag (their 200th issue)...whether that indicates a potential forthcoming update or it's death knell, who knows?

xylyx wrote:Interesting to note that Rapture is being given away free with the next issue of Computer Music mag (their 200th issue)...whether that indicates a potential forthcoming update or it's death knell, who knows?
Z3ta was also free in one cm issue ... so, i think, it's a good sign ... and i'd love to see Rapture 2.
"It dreamed itself along"

xylyx wrote:Interesting to note that Rapture is being given away free with the next issue of Computer Music mag (their 200th issue)...whether that indicates a potential forthcoming update or it's death knell, who knows?
:shock:

A kick in the teeth for all people who have bought it (like me)... :?

What happen to Rene? Still in the business?
He's getting back soon :D

René wrote:
:love:

To make a Rapture 2? :o :?:

TheoM wrote:i never really thought rapture sounded that special personally... i think zeta is better
You musta smoked some crack, Jack!
[Insert Signature Here]

René wrote:

:hug:

Return to “Instruments”