New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Greg Houston wrote:Yes, there are links. Check your spam folder maybe?
Neh, didn't get anything. Have to contact him.

does anyone know if the new versions are compatible with previous? not that i have to have each mangle version for my different projects i saved :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Will the final version have more than 6 presets?

Caine123 wrote:does anyone know if the new versions are compatible with previous? not that i have to have each mangle version for my different projects i saved :(
Should be. Don't take my words for pure gold but I never had problems with any Mangle updates. Updating is pretty transparent so far on my side.

aMUSEd wrote:Will the final version have more than 6 presets?
Yes because I'm going to be offering Tom to include 25 of the presets from my upcoming atmospheric pads and ARPs set when it's done. Should be finished on Monday.

does anyone know if the new versions are compatible with previous
I'm waiting for someone else to confirm this :ud:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

double
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:
does anyone know if the new versions are compatible with previous
I'm waiting for someone else to confirm this :ud:
I've updated to the latest and my previous sessions (Ableton Live, OS X) using Mangle are seamless and works perfectly fine here.

Hello everyone, sorry for not checking in here more often. Answering some questions in this thread:

Yes, new versions load presets from older versions just fine.

The final version (next release should be a 'release candidate' for this) will have more presets. As Steven has mentioned, I will probably commission these from others, so if you're skilled at sound design get in touch and we can discuss.

The newest version includes Pro Tools AAX support.

There was an error in the 32bit windows VST in the most recent build. It's fixed now, so if this affects you redownload from the same link and it should be solved. I'll read back through the thread now and answer any questions I can shortly. Thanks for your patience and support everyone.

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for not checking in here more often. Answering some questions in this thread:

The final version (next release should be a 'release candidate' for this) will have more presets. As Steven has mentioned, I will probably commission these from others, so if you're skilled at sound design get in touch and we can discuss.

There was an error in the 32bit windows VST in the most recent build. It's fixed now, so if this affects you redownload from the same link and it should be solved. I'll read back through the thread now and answer any questions I can shortly. Thanks for your patience and support everyone.
Hey Tom, great to hear from you. I was starting to get worried that my emails were getting lost in cyberspace.

I'm working on getting the registered email upon purchase back up and running (changed DNS servers) but they still haven't propagated yet. If you can email me a link to the other address we've been communicating through that would be great. I'll need to test my soundbank on the latest build before I send it to you.

Absolutely love this plug. Am totally addicted to it. Wait until you hear some of the stuff I've come up with.

widdershins wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for not checking in here more often. Answering some questions in this thread:

hey man, good to hear. i was wondering if you had any thoughts on including aac support in the future. i assume you have no issue with compressed formats given the inclusion of mp3.

having converted my whole music collection to aac (with cd's left in another country), it is a stage too far to have to convert already compressed files into mp3

I tried to actually use Mangle to create some pads for new psytrance track... but couldn't really get anything clear enough. Ended up with layering Mangle with some other pads / effects at -15 dB.
Maybe it comes with experience. But didn't see anybody using Mangle in full tracks in this thread, either.

Now that 'samples' can be saved with presets, I suspect there will be some people creating more.

:wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Now that 'samples' can be saved with presets, I suspect there will be some people creating more.

:wink:
I've offered Tom 50 of mine (350 in the complete collection) if he's interested. I haven't heard back from him yet on it.

Return to “Instruments”