New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

cron wrote:Oh wow, excited to see an update! Really can't say I was expecting it.

To those who haven't received the email - check your spam folder, especially if you use Gmail. Gmail user here and mails from Tom have gone into my spam folder in the past.
Mine wasn't a gmail account, just one of the company accounts, nada, nothing, not in the spam either.

BTW Mangle does not have any uninstaller ? I can't find this.

c_voltage wrote:BTW Mangle does not have any uninstaller ? I can't find this.
It's just a single dll. Delete it and it's gone. In fact, you can rename them and have multiple versions at one time for testing, which is what I did.

c_voltage wrote:Also update problem on Win64 bit here.
During install choose only 64bit and choose location (where placed previous Mangle dll version), then click install and it's installed very fast (like if nothing puts to HDD), and really overwrite of old dll does not occur.
Win7 64bit, tried just plugin v1.1 updater, without samples.
Yeah, I tried the update and the full installer and I'm still sitting on version 1.0. I'm guessing he linked the wrong files.

I sent an email (early this a.m.), I haven't heard back though.
Peace...
bluzkat

He didn't link the wrong files, it just seems that the installer is a bit messed up.

I extracted the installer using Universal Extractor and overwrote the DLL manually. Works fine and dandy (except sluggish as hell and CPU intensive GUI in Reaper).

wagtunes wrote:
c_voltage wrote:BTW Mangle does not have any uninstaller ? I can't find this.
It's just a single dll. Delete it and it's gone. In fact, you can rename them and have multiple versions at one time for testing, which is what I did.
Thank you, understood.
bluzkat wrote:Yeah, I tried the update and the full installer and I'm still sitting on version 1.0. I'm guessing he linked the wrong files.I sent an email (early this a.m.), I haven't heard back though.
EvilDragon wrote:He didn't link the wrong files, it just seems that the installer is a bit messed up.I extracted the installer using Universal Extractor and overwrote the DLL manually. Works fine and dandy (except sluggish as hell and CPU intensive GUI in Reaper).
Oh, ok. In any case, i understood that better not to suffer and stay on previous version (which btw work it seems properly for me, at least no any complaints for GUI here yet).

bluzkat wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Also update problem on Win64 bit here.
During install choose only 64bit and choose location (where placed previous Mangle dll version), then click install and it's installed very fast (like if nothing puts to HDD), and really overwrite of old dll does not occur.
Win7 64bit, tried just plugin v1.1 updater, without samples.
Yeah, I tried the update and the full installer and I'm still sitting on version 1.0. I'm guessing he linked the wrong files.

I sent an email (early this a.m.), I haven't heard back though.
Ditto here.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

FYI, Tom tweeted earlier this evening:
Latest Mangle update has a gnarly bug on Windows... fixing it now and will update later...
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:FYI, Tom tweeted earlier this evening:
Latest Mangle update has a gnarly bug on Windows... fixing it now and will update later...
Probably in a few months or so! :hihi:

I love this thread. :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

This guy is on fire. Update is out.

On, I'm retracting on what I've previously said! Nice quick move on that one :tu:

I'm still getting only 8 presets. Anyone else getting more?

Igor Amos wrote:I'm still getting only 8 presets. Anyone else getting more?
There's only 8 in the version from June.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Win64 bit here...During install choose only 64bit ... and overwrite of old dll does not occur.
Ah OK, I tried renaming the old DLL first, and then it installed fine. Obviously didn't like overwriting - a permissions issue? Anyway, this worked for me with the newest installer. HTH
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Return to “Instruments”