Diversion 1.4 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion Diversity 2 for Diversion Diversity for Diversion

So If the saw in Sylenth Sounds Better..Sample a single wave and drop it in Diversion....Infact, Sample the virus and serum and Hive and Any other synth and use their waves in Diversion.

It doesn't sound better, just different in my view, flatter. Probably Diversion sounds better, but I am already a bit used to the way Sylenth sounds, to its slightly hollow tin can character :hihi:

Why people are comparing everything to Sylenth, I don't get it. As regards the music I like (mostly psytrance and related genres), about 30% of the synth sounds can be recreated with Sylenth, while Diversion apparently can do decent job at recreating another 65% (yet another 5% is left for this mysterious Virus magic :) ). So they complement each other rather than compete.

I bought Diversion just today, but I was extensively testing the demo for about two weeks, compared it to other wavetable softsynths and found it to be exceptionally good. It is not meant to be an analog emulation and it doesn't sound like one (the analog lp filters are very juicy though) but if you are after intentionally digital sound it is worth trying out.

But I have to admit that the factory presets did influence my decision, Dmitry is probably a huge fan of psychedelic and goa trance, at least the presets made by him are instantly useable in these genres.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'm usually not very interested in the supplied presets, but if you scan through Diversions presets, it's clear that Dmitry is a very gifted designer. So yeah, the do demonstrate nicely what Diversion is capable of.
Brilliant synth.

I simply compared the two because Sylenth is what I know best since it is my default synth. Others will compare Diversion to other plugins such as Dune2 I suppose...

I agree that Diversion sounds rather digital and modern. Not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing. The Soft setting makes it sound a bit less digital in my view.

Its feature set is very impressive and complete. Way too much for my needs :)

I like the controls' context menu for modulation options.

The current price is quite a bargain...

fluffy_little_something wrote: I agree that Diversion sounds rather digital and modern. Not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing.
IIRC you mostly listen to music released before the digital synthesis era has begun. Then don't bother about Diversion, Dune 2 etc, Diva is your synth :wink:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Nah, I also like some digital sounds from the 80s and even 90s, even those punchy DX7 basses to a certain extent :hihi:

I played around with Diversion for two hours or so, it does very nice old-skool pads as well, but of course it doesn't make sense to use a CPU guzzler for such simple sounds.
I already knew before that I would not be able to make use of Diversion on this computer, but I was simply curious since so many people praise it :)

In view of its wealth of features, I found it surprisingly self-explanatory and intuitive.

Nutrinoland wrote:So If the saw in Sylenth Sounds Better..Sample a single wave and drop it in Diversion....Infact, Sample the virus and serum and Hive and Any other synth and use their waves in Diversion.
There's a couple of issues with that though (just talking generally because i often read the suggestion). E.g. on a synth where you cannot take the filter from the output, the filter might already alter the pure wave. And the unison in Diversion will probably sound different too due to different detune, and pan laws. Also, the synth engine might also add bottom or top end. So it won't be quite the same in most cases i guess.

chk071 wrote:
Nutrinoland wrote:So If the saw in Sylenth Sounds Better..Sample a single wave and drop it in Diversion....Infact, Sample the virus and serum and Hive and Any other synth and use their waves in Diversion.
There's a couple of issues with that though (just talking generally because i often read the suggestion). E.g. on a synth where you cannot take the filter from the output, the filter might already alter the pure wave. And the unison in Diversion will probably sound different too due to different detune, and pan laws. Also, the synth engine might also add bottom or top end. So it won't be quite the same in most cases i guess.
plus one static sampled wave does not account for how it may sound different at different levels, or at different keys on the keyboard.

Both True !
I agree. Just a single wave from one synth imported to the oscillator of another synth, will not make the 2 synths sound the same. There are many other factors that will influence the final sound of a synth.
Anyway, I really like how Diversion sounds and the overall workflow suits Me...also I Prefer not to compare Synths at all. They all sound so different.

What?! There's no pwm in diversion? O_o

X control does it

Anyone in here use Zebra and Diversion? I kinda want Zebra but there's already so much overlap with Diversion so I dunnooooooooooooo

I find Diversion quicker to program,right click modulate,mseg are quicker to get where i what etc...Zebra has better FM & wavetables so a more broader sound pallet.Filters are pretty even between both I find,nice selection in both synths.I had Zebra before i got Diversion :shrug:

Yeah, I love programming in Diversion. So easy and fast. I also have Omni2 as well so maybe something like Diva is a better choice. I dunnnnnnnnoooooo. Definitely picking up Zebra HZ if I go that route though.

Return to “Instruments”